Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    Did Rumpel actually say he threw the stick? I looked at it over and over, and while I initially thought he did, the more I saw it, the more I was convinced it was knocked out by Schulze's skate. The stick left his hand pretty early for it to be an intentional stick throw (a good one, anyway), and the stick was rotating in an odd direction for it to be a straight stick throw. I thought it was those 2 lucky bounces that combined for the "save." These were all things I thought of before they made the ruling, and I was feeling about 85-90% sure they would let the original call stand while they showed the replays. (I was 100% sure that the refs wished they weren't in that situation.)

It clearly hit Shulze's skate which is clearly cheating.

Try to keep up!

Comment

Ohhhhhh. So there's CHEATING, and just "cheating." Got it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

First off, did you all misremember the game? Had the goal counted, it would have given SCSU a 2-1 lead.

But who cares? That's not what's important. The important thing is how do we get Eaves' head on a pike?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what is considered LEGIT cheating and not legit cheating.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            Did Rumpel actually say he threw the stick? I looked at it over and over, and while I initially thought he did, the more I saw it, the more I was convinced it was knocked out by Schulze's skate. The stick left his hand pretty early for it to be an intentional stick throw (a good one, anyway), and the stick was rotating in an odd direction for it to be a straight stick throw. I thought it was those 2 lucky bounces that combined for the "save." These were all things I thought of before they made the ruling, and I was feeling about 85-90% sure they would let the original call stand while they showed the replays. (I was 100% sure that the refs wished they weren't in that situation.)
            You really think he's going to admit it?
            His explanation was three fold.
            First he said "something hit it"
            Then it was "it hit my defenseman"
            Star tribune had it as "the puck hit the knob of my stick and jarred it loose" said with a smile on his face.
            So which is it Joel?
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              The important thing is how do we get Eaves' head on a pike?

See, we can find common ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Nah, you can't be in a fight when only one side is butthurt, er, angry.
                I see you've never played Mortal Kombat on two-player mode
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  It is illegal, it should have been called, so if it isn't cheating, then what is it?
                  Getting away with one. Its a players job to do everything they can to score a goal or prevent a goal, but its not their job to police themselves. That's what officials get paid for.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I'm trying to figure out what is considered LEGIT cheating and not legit cheating.
                    Third base vs. home run?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

First look I thought it looked like a throw, but after seeing it again, I think the correct call was made;it was hit by the skate and thus they can't award a goal, as it's not inconclusive that it was thrown.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Getting away with one. Its a players job to do everything they can to score a goal or prevent a goal, but its not their job to police themselves. That's what officials get paid for.
                        That's true I suppose and yet another reason I'm glad to be leaving this league.
                        Thul and Buerline are in over their heads in almost every game I've seen them do.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          First off, did you all misremember the game? Had the goal counted, it would have given SCSU a 2-1 lead.

But who cares? That's not what's important. The important thing is how do we get Eaves' head on a pike?
                          In my defense, I was more than just slightly drunk at that time.

Wait for 2014-15, given graduations and kerdiles' likely early departure things will likely be back to sub 0.500 bad. Unless Eaves wins one of the next two national championships I doubt that he will survive another massive downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            First look I thought it looked like a throw, but after seeing it again, I think the correct call was made;it was hit by the skate and thus they can't award a goal, as it's not inconclusive that it was thrown.

They must have had a different replay angle on the feed that aired in St. Cloud.

Oh yeah and don't try to bring reason and thought to this discussion. They have no place here.

Comment

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Ohhhhhh. So there's CHEATING, and just "cheating." Got it.
                                The penalty for throwing the stick is a goal, so I would say there is a distinct difference in that penalty and cross-checking, tripping or hooking.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X