X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Gonna complain about that too?
    Of course he is. What do you think he is, a fan of any other team on the planet besides JBSU?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      You have to ask that?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Of course he is. What do you think he is, a fan of any other team on the planet besides JBSU?

It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Comment

It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
        Like your face.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I want Jan to say (whine) it.
          I am over that game, Becky. We won a more important trophy this year, one that you can't finish 7th in the league and still win.

But if the correct call is made, it is a tie game. 50/50 chance at that point that the Badgers season ends on Friday. After reading through this and the other Badgers threads over the last year and a half, Eaves winning a Broadmoor isn't enough to change the minds that have been complaining about the team's performance over the past 7 years.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            You're seriously gonna go there?
            Well let's see, throwing your stick to prevent a goal is cheating, so yeah.
            Watching the Hockey East playoffs, the NBC guys talked about Wisconsin cheating to win as well, so it's not just "Jan" doing it.
            We get that goal, the whole game changes, even Eaves agreed with that.
            You can calls us whiners, Jan, make fun of us or whatever you feel you need to in order to rip us for it, but Rumpel cheated and he knows he did.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              The Badgers were a blown call away from having their season ended on Friday. Would the Badgers fans not have had a right to complain if that happened?
              Even if SCSU had scored a goal at that point, the game would only have been tied, far from having the season over.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                I am over that game, Becky.

Clearly

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  Even if SCSU had scored a goal at that point, the game would only have been tied, far from having the season over.
                  Right, I clarified in my last post it would have been 50/50.
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Clearly
                    Yeah, I shouldn't have defended the Wisconsin fans calling for Eaves head. Your program is doing great. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Watching the Hockey East playoffs, the NBC guys talked about Wisconsin cheating to win as well, so it's not just "Jan" doing it.
                      You can calls us whiners, Jan, make fun of us or whatever you feel you need to in order to rip us for it, but Rumpel cheated and he knows he did.

Okay, I'll play along for a bit more.

Do you hold uncalled trips, holds, interference and other infractions to the same standard of "cheating?"

I hope you're just fishing in an unfunny way and aren't serious.

Comment

Do you hold uncalled trips, holds, interference and other infractions to the same standard of "cheating?"

Bwahahahahahahahahaha
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Did Rumpel actually say he threw the stick? I looked at it over and over, and while I initially thought he did, the more I saw it, the more I was convinced it was knocked out by Schulze's skate. The stick left his hand pretty early for it to be an intentional stick throw (a good one, anyway), and the stick was rotating in an odd direction for it to be a straight stick throw. I thought it was those 2 lucky bounces that combined for the "save." These were all things I thought of before they made the ruling, and I was feeling about 85-90% sure they would let the original call stand while they showed the replays. (I was 100% sure that the refs wished they weren't in that situation.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Uncalled holds, trips or whatever do not directly prevent goals, what Rumpel did, directly prevented a goal.
                              It is illegal, it should have been called, so if it isn't cheating, then what is it?
                              What in your mind is the appropriate label for throwing your stick to prevent a goal?
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nah, you can't be in a fight when only one side is butthurt, er, angry.

Comment

Working...
                                X