Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    So you're saying you still want Eaves gone?
    Not today, and likely not tomorrow. I'll know more on Nov 1.
    I'm still leery to the long term overall health of the program. He's on notice that the bottom had better not fall out after next season.

Comment

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      So you're saying you still want Eaves gone?
      I would say that I'm still leery about the direction the program is heading. Barely squeaking into the NCAAs isn't much of a high water mark, as proud as we all should be about the way the season was turned around from the abomination it began as. He's still 6-5 on getting into the NCAAs and 6-5 for finishing in the top half of the WCHA, and that's still below the mark of what should have been expected of him, especially when one looks at the direction we were heading after the stretch of three seasons from 2003-04 through the 2005-06 championship season.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        Not today, and likely not tomorrow. I'll know more on Nov 1.
        I'm still leery to the long term overall health of the program. He's on notice that the bottom had better not fall out after next season.
        Especially if they don't finish in the top six teams in the league.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It's hysterical to read these threads. Just proves that we have more in common than not. I remember when BU won in 2009 there was a lot of complaining amongst the joy, because now it meant that Jack Parker had "guaranteed himself 10 more years." I should start a "Fire Everybody" thread!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            I would say that I'm still leery about the direction the program is heading. Barely squeaking into the NCAAs isn't much of a high water mark, as proud as we all should be about the way the season was turned around from the abomination it began as. He's still 6-5 on getting into the NCAAs and 6-5 for finishing in the top half of the WCHA, and that's still below the mark of what should have been expected of him, especially when one looks at the direction we were heading after the stretch of three seasons from 2003-04 through the 2005-06 championship season.
            But if Nic Kerdiles didn't get ROBBED!!!!!111 It might have been a different story.

I'm putting the fire Eaves guys with the Fire Hakstol and Umile People.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Honest question: why would wanting Eaves gone be anywhere near as absurd as the Fire Hakstol people? Aside from his lack of national title, North Dakota has accomplished everything any program would wish it could (consistent excellence, excellent ability to "reload" in the recruiting game, plenty of conference hardware in addition to being a competitor for said hardware every year, etc.).

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

But if Nic Kerdiles didn't get ROBBED!!!!!111 It might have been a different story.

Weren't there quite a few fire tDon people during the "Dark years?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Plus, there probably would be a few Fire Sandelin threads if anyone gave a **** about Duluth.

Comment

You have no idea.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Plus, there probably would be a few Fire Sandelin threads if anyone gave a **** about Duluth.
                      Those threads were on tPB pre2011
                      Honest question: why would wanting Eaves gone be anywhere near as absurd as the Fire Hakstol people? Aside from his lack of national title, North Dakota has accomplished everything any program would wish it could (consistent excellence, excellent ability to "reload" in the recruiting game, plenty of conference hardware in addition to being a competitor for said hardware every year, etc.).
                      Fine. Just the Fire Dick Umile people
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The Badgers were a blown call away from having their season ended on Friday. Would the Badgers fans not have had a right to complain if that happened?
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          The Badgers were a blown call away from having their season ended on Friday. Would the Badgers fans not have had a right to complain if that happened?

Which "blown call" was that Jan?

Comment

Which "blown call" was that Jan?
                            The one that MN paid the refs to blow, of course.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              The one that MN paid the refs to blow, of course.

Why does Marcia hate Jan so?

Comment

Why does Marcia hate Jan so?
                                They take our cookies.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X