Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    What I don't understand is why Wisconsin runs the system they run considering the rink they play in. With a large sheet of ice, you would think you would want to capitalize on that, not let it work against you. There is good reason why Wisconsin's road record is much better than their home record. You have to not only question Eaves for this, but also the people who hired him knowing he'd run this system.
    See, you're missing the genius behind the great plan for this season: Finish 7th in the conference, then go on the road where you are all prepared to play on a smaller rink. No one will even see us coming! Ha!

Obviously that's it, otherwise what good does a low finish do you?

I suppose one could argue that one has some advantage at home already, so seeking a like advantage on the road has some merit. One could argue that. It should be universally frowned upon, but one could argue it.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Wasn't Eaves talking about reducing the rink size for UW?
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        You really, really want Dubbie in here, don't you?

If we're talking about what I "really, REALLY want" in that regards, it would involve traffic and the act of walking out into.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
          Making it something like 30' x 60' would be good for us. Plus we could look to gain some offensive punch from our goalies.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I think it was a seating issue in the Kohl Center. Seating would be too far away from the boards. I could be wrong.

Comment

I heard rumblings of that a while back, but nothing since.

Would potentially solve the 300 section sight line issues, which I'd be all for.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Making it something like 30' x 60' would be good for us. Plus we could look to gain some offensive punch from our goalies.

Like the studio rink at MIA!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Like the studio rink at MIA!
                  Seriously! We could be awesome on that rink you had in your back yard.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by RonWolf View Post
                    I think it was a seating issue in the Kohl Center. Seating would be too far away from the boards. I could be wrong.
                    It might be a cost issue too. $2 million was the estimate in this article from Chuck.

Link
                    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                    sigpic
                    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                      It might be a cost issue too. $2 million was the estimate in this article from Chuck.

Link
                      Oh boy... I think I might owe some goofs an apology. After reading that, it turns out tICE was the problem all along!
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        I heard rumblings of that a while back, but nothing since.

Would potentially solve the 300 section sight line issues, which I'd be all for.
                        It would only resolve issues with the third tier if they made the rink about 20' shorter lengthwise, as opposed to making it more narrow.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

It occurred to me today-- Mike has essentially turned into Dave McClain without the heart condition.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            It would only resolve issues with the third tier if they made the rink about 20' shorter lengthwise, as opposed to making it more narrow.

I haven't sat up top in a few years, but I seem to remember not being able to see the near boards very well.

The problems are far worse in the ends, but I think an 85' width rink would at least make the side sections good seats.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Whatever the reasons, it's really difficult to watch any top tier team struggle over a period of years. We all joke around with our own little schadenfreude when a rival struggles, but the game is not nearly as fun when rivals are off their game.
                              Nah, I'm still irrationally bitter for what Fat Alvarez did to the WCHA. I hope Wisconsin withers away for the sins they committed.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Nah, I'm still irrationally bitter for what Fat Alvarez did to the WCHA. I hope Wisconsin withers away for the sins they committed.
                                Why blame a simple businessman like Barry? He just made them an offer....

*****http://i.imgur.com/VnXKWZS.jpg?1******
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X