Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    Isn't the 09-10 attendance figure skewed by having 55,000 home attendance for the Camp Randall game?

Yes, attendance is down but youve got an apple in with those oranges...
    Say what?

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
      Say what?
      The 15,000+ figure is inflated because of the home game at Camp Randall. The other years cited don't have that anomaly, therefore you are comparing apples and oranges.
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Long hiatus for me. I can no longer remain silent. Eaves must go...period. I am tired of games, low octane offense, and talk of "hard work".

Wisconsin Hockey: Disaster at the Door.
        "When you say WIS-CONSIN, you've said it all."

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
          Long hiatus for me. I can no longer remain silent. Eaves must go...period. I am tired of games, low octane offense, and talk of "hard work".

Wisconsin Hockey: You know things are bad when joeyv comes out of retirement

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Wisconsin Hockey: You know things are bad when joeyv comes out of retirement
            I am officially on the regime change bus. The talent is there...but talent has to have the latitude to be creative and not just conform to a system. Eaves has not shown the ability to adjust...and kids are not going to come if they know eaves is going to stifle them.

Wisconsin Hockey: It IS Bad.

Comment

I am officially on the regime change bus. The talent is there...but talent has to have the latitude to be creative and not just conform to a system. Eaves has not shown the ability to adjust...and kids are not going to come if they know eaves is going to stifle them.

Wisconsin Hockey: It IS Bad.
              Good to see you alive and well. Even if the topic isn't pleasant for you.
              University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                Scott...thanks. It's been a very busy couple of years. Very frustrated with the direction of the program.

Wisconsin Hockey: Alive but not Well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                  Ditto.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Isn't the 09-10 attendance figure skewed by having 55,000 home attendance for the Camp Randall game?

Yes, attendance is down but youve got an apple in with those oranges...
                    If you take out the Michigan game, the 2009-10 season still averages 13049.15, and the low game for that year, attendance-wise, was 11,225.

No game, for the entire 2012-13 season has even hit that number yet. That's a very large drop off in attendance in 3 seasons, but let's go further back...

2008-2009 - Average attendance - 13,785
                    2007-2008 - Average attendance - 14,133
                    2006-2007 - Average attendance - 14,430

That is over $100,000 per game in revenue lost on ticket sales alone. Not to mention merchandise and food and drink.

It's clear that something has to change, because you can't keep losing money like this. Fans expect better out of a program like this and there is just no light at the end of the tunnel right now.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      Ditto.
                      Hey Sean. How u doin? In NY for giants/pack tonite and checked the uw scores...Christ what a disgrace.

Wisconsin Hockey: Go Pack Go.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

It's clear that something has to change, because you can't keep losing money like this. Fans expect better out of a program like this and there is just no light at the end of the tunnel right now.
                        The question becomes what is the definition of "losing money"?

If the hockey team is still profitable - or, to put it another way - if it is meeting budget expectations, then the decrease in attendnance may not be alarming to the bean counters.

Is attendance down? Yes. And I don't think anyone thinks that's a good thing, either from a budget standpoint or from an atmosphere point of view. What we don't have here (to my knowledge) is an understanding of 'tolerance' on a budget side. If the budget is for 9,000 per game (with above that being 'gravy') then this line of thinking may not yet advance the argument of those wanting Eaves dismissed.
                        St. Norbert College Green Knights
                        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                        ---
                        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

The question becomes what is the definition of "losing money"?

If the hockey team is still profitable - or, to put it another way - if it is meeting budget expectations, then the decrease in attendnance may not be alarming to the bean counters.

Is attendance down? Yes. And I don't think anyone thinks that's a good thing, either from a budget standpoint or from an atmosphere point of view. What we don't have here (to my knowledge) is an understanding of 'tolerance' on a budget side. If the budget is for 9,000 per game (with above that being 'gravy') then this line of thinking may not yet advance the argument of those wanting Eaves dismissed.
                          I think you are correct. Barry doesn't want to pay for two head coach's wages, so unless attendance drops to 6k and the team only wins less then 10 games nothing will change until his contract is up. If you want to make a difference cancel your tickets and stay at home and watch the game or find something else to do in the winter on Friday and Saturday night from 7-9:30 pm. That is tough to say and do, but what is on the ice at this moment is a joke. Also, Eaves post game comments are a joke after each game about the team showing improvements. They have taken one period off each game and have no offense to make up for the period they decide to just go through the motions.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                            I think you are correct. Barry doesn't want to pay for two head coach's wages, so unless attendance drops to 6k and the team only wins less then 10 games nothing will change until his contract is up. If you want to make a difference cancel your tickets and stay at home and watch the game or find something else to do in the winter on Friday and Saturday night from 7-9:30 pm. That is tough to say and do, but what is on the ice at this moment is a joke. Also, Eaves post game comments are a joke after each game about the team showing improvements. They have taken one period off each game and have no offense to make up for the period they decide to just go through the motions.
                            "I told the kids we're beginning to turn the boat"

yeah, again moral victories don't count. Engblom had to be embarrassed for that team's performance, I'm sorry he witnessed that. And stop with the metaphors and anecdotes Coach, the kids have to be tired of it.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Joeyv - glad to see you back!

anyone know if Eric Hybert is still lurking here at all?
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                "I told the kids we're beginning to turn the boat"

yeah, again moral victories don't count. Engblom had to be embarrassed for that team's performance, I'm sorry he witnessed that. And stop with the metaphors and anecdotes Coach, the kids have to be tired of it.
                                As is this fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X