Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Barry Alvarez told the WSJ that he will NOT fire Mike Eaves.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
      That's a shame.
      /Seinfeld

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Nobody wants Gwoz?
        I think he's happy with his NHL gig...
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          Only after the MJS had to explain who Mike Eaves is.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

As much as it pains me, please fire him and make UW respectable again.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              That's a shame.
              /Seinfeld
              Here's the scene: BA gets into the limo after dining with some bb boosters and asks his travelling secretary what the men's hockey team's record is. She says "4 26 and 5". He says "Am I crazy, or is that a lot of of losses?" She says "THAT'S A LOT OF LOSSES!"
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              "UW athletic director Barry Alvarez said he’s "very comfortable’’ in saying Eaves will return for his 14th season as coach "if he chooses to be back.’’"

So BA has opened the door for Eaves to fall on his own sword. He did that to the old volleyball coach Pete Waite. (and the change provided spectacular results)

"“I’ve decided to resign from my position to allow someone else the opportunity to take this program back to the top of the Big Ten,” said Waite. “We have some very good players in the program right now and have signed three excellent recruits for 2013."

It's not an impossible scenario. The question is this: Is Eaves' ego still enough intact to keep the sword in the sheath or not?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Here's the scene: BA gets into the limo after dining with some bb boosters and asks his travelling secretary what the men's hockey team's record is. She says "4 26 and 5". He says "Am I crazy, or is that a lot of of losses?" She says "THAT'S A LOT OF LOSSES!"
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                "UW athletic director Barry Alvarez said he’s "very comfortable’’ in saying Eaves will return for his 14th season as coach "if he chooses to be back.’’"

So BA has opened the door for Eaves to fall on his own sword. He did that to the old volleyball coach Pete Waite. (and the change provided spectacular results)

"“I’ve decided to resign from my position to allow someone else the opportunity to take this program back to the top of the Big Ten,” said Waite. “We have some very good players in the program right now and have signed three excellent recruits for 2013."

It's not an impossible scenario. The question is this: Is Eaves' ego still enough intact to keep the sword in the sheath or not?
                Eaves will be coaching 1 more year

Comment

He's back, I'm out as a season ticket holder and badger fund supporter. Enough is enough. They obviously need to feel additional pain in the ad.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

It'd be nice for the rest of the conf if UW stopped sucking balls sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      It'd be nice for the rest of the conf if UW stopped sucking balls sometime soon.
                      They won't. And I'm officially done. Any loose plans I had to try to get tickets to a game or two next year are gone. My support of UW hockey is now limited to this board, and the games that I can get around to watching live on TV (which I won't be DVRing anymore, because it's not worth staying up late to support this program, and in all honesty I'm not going to make a special effort to not have other things to do on the 10 nights a year I actually can find their games on my TV).

This administration has shown time and again how little it cares for my support of the team, and the time has come to be done.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I'm pretty shocked he is coming back.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          I think he's happy with his NHL gig...
                          I didn't say he wasn't. I was talking about from UW's perspective. And who knows, maybe he'd rather have a head coaching gig at a lower level.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                              Bump
                              *pours gasoline on fire*

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                                *pours gasoline on fire*
                                you mean roasts some popcorn over the flames and sits back and enjoys a snack while watching the flames...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X