Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

    http://www.uscho.com/2003/10/06/leav...-at-wisconsin/

    Comment


    • Is there something relevant about an event 11+ years ago?

      Comment


      • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

        Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Is there something relevant about an event 11+ years ago?
        He should have been fired 11 years ago.

        Comment


        • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

          Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
          He should have been fired 11 years ago.
          I don't know that anyone openly condones Eaves conduct in this incident, but at the time everyone who knew exactly what happened from the administration to players stood behind Eaves, including Leavitt himself, who initially took responsibility for the confrontation. It wasn't until Leavitt was benched for an unrelated matter months later that Leavitt broke with the agreement he made with UW and changed his mind and/or story about what happened and went to the press.

          Leavitt's $1,000,000 lawsuit for "mental injury" was settled for around $50k, approximately the value of his remaining scholarship, (which UW had initially offered to honor regardless) and likely less than UW would spend defending against it. There's not much (if any) evidence that Leavitt's side of things ever had any merit and Leavitt's subsequent actions relieved him of a good deal of credibility.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

          Comment


          • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

            Bucky officials were all hoping he would just Leavitt alone.

            Comment


            • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

              Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
              He should have been fired 11 years ago.
              Bring this up now? Really? Let's not turn this into some sort of witch hunt.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Bring this up now? Really? Let's not turn this into some sort of witch hunt.
                Why not? People bring up his career record and career trips to the NCAA tourney/frozen four. Why not bring up an action in his career at UW that could have cost this program a lot and should have cost him his job.

                Comment


                • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                  What ever came of this, by the way?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                    Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    Bucky officials were all hoping he would just Leavitt alone.
                    I laughed.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                      Why not? People bring up his career record and career trips to the NCAA tourney/frozen four. Why not bring up an action in his career at UW that could have cost this program a lot and should have cost him his job.
                      Because it's an 11 year old issue that has been delt with by the university and is therefore closed. The university administration with access to all the facts determined that a reprimand was sufficent, as such your opinions is irrelevant.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                        Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        Because it's an 11 year old issue that has been delt with by the university and is therefore closed. The university administration with access to all the facts determined that a reprimand was sufficent, as such your opinions is irrelevant.
                        Sorry to break it to you, close to everyone's opinion on here is irrelevant.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                          Yeah, but yours is especially unimportant.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                            Seasons over, lets get it done, Barry.
                            Wisconsin Badgers

                            National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post
                              Seasons over, lets get it done, Barry.
                              I don't expect to hear anything until after the F4. I suspect that the Athletic Dept wants to see if the BB team can get more wins in the BB tourney than the hockey team did all season long.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                                Keep him.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X