Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

I should maybe rephrase the Wisco guy thing to I strongly prefer a Wisco guy given that there are several very qualified candidates. If there were none, well, I'd still be opposed to a rodent just on principle. Football was a terrible program with a history to get away from. Hockey isn't. Fair that Bo was not an alum but he was an assistant at UW for 8 years, '76-'84
    FYI-

Your most successful coach, Bob Johnson was a "rodent".

You currently enjoy a "Wisco Guy".

How's that working out?
    Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 01-08-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I was on the Cary Eades bandwagon and I would think a program like Wisconsin would be fortunate to have him if they decide to move on from Eaves.

Ha! This is the best out loud laugh I've had at this site in some time! Thanks!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Ha! This is the best out loud laugh I've had at this site in some time! Thanks!
        You don't like the Mustache huh? The guy has done nothing but win.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
          FYI-

Your two most successful coaches, Bob Johnson and Jeff Sauer, were "rodents".

You currently enjoy a "Wisco Guy".

How's that working out?
          Thanks. I don't know what we would do without you here to teach us Badger hockey history. Sauer is from Ft. Atkinson WI and went to CC to play for Johnson. He then signed on as an assistant at CC and stayed with Bob at Wisconsin until taking over at CC. Then returned to Wisconsin as HC.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Thanks. I don't know what we would do without you here to teach us Badger hockey history. Sauer is from Ft. Atkinson WI and went to CC to play for Johnson. He then signed on as an assistant at CC and stayed with Bob at Wisconsin until taking over at CC. Then returned to Wisconsin as HC.
            So you're saying a Tiger isn't a rodent?
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

True that.

My mistake.

Still, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss any particular coach.

Your thoughts on Guentzel?

Comment

You don't like the Mustache huh? The guy has done nothing but win.
                Just a bit hard for me to picture this guy as Wisconsin head coach. Although it does appear he's always really wanted to be on the UW bench.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Just a bit hard for me to picture this guy as Wisconsin head coach. Although it does appear he's always really wanted to be on the UW bench.
                  I love the ref standing there with his hands on his hips in resignation. "Ehhh....what the f@ck am I going to do?"
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Do that in today's game and they would make you go to counseling or some such nonsense I suppose, back then they would make you a captain.

Comment

I do have to say that one of my great disappointments in Eaves is that this didn't turn into something that looked a lot more like this.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I don't think Wisconsin needs a "Wisco Guy" but everyone wants a guy that wants their job to be his last. Alvarez wasn't a Wisco guy but he wanted to be there and made it his last stop. Bo has wisconsin ties with Plattville and Milwaukee but he wasn't really a Wisco guy either.
                        No surprise in any of that. It's perfectly plain to see that anyone with talent, skill, intelligence, and good looks will want to make Wisconsin his or her last stop. This isn't just a coaching thing.

Comment

If by good looks you mean cut off t-shirts, mullets and missing teeth, then yeah.

Comment

Blasi is on all the short lists.
                            As usual, you make me laugh.
                            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan
                              He has to start somewhere.
                              This has to be a fake account. I've seen this guy's posts elsewhere. No one could be this stupid.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I completely agree, I'm thrill Mel Pearson has Michigan Tech ties, but beyond him, we would have needed to go outside of the program to find someone. I was on the Cary Eades bandwagon and I would think a program like Wisconsin would be fortunate to have him if they decide to move on from Eaves.
                                Names are too similar...might confuse some of them.

I think Mike Babcock or John Tortorella would make a good choice (hey, if you're going to reach with the short list...REACH).
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X