Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

    Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    You mean like when we got hooked twice on a breakaway with no call? Or when our guy was standing in the slot and got yanked to the ice with no call?
    That's not really cheating, though. FTLT says so.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

    Comment


    • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      That's not really cheating, though. FTLT says so.
      When it's against us it's cheating!
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

      It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

      The 2009 Poser of the Year

      Comment


      • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

        Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        When it's against us it's cheating!
        It's cheating, but it's not REALLY cheating. Pay attention.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

        Comment


        • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

          Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          That's not really cheating, though. FTLT says so.
          I said nothing of the sort.
          It's all cheating, hence why it's a penalty, but are you really going to tell me there isn't a difference between a play that directly impacts a goal and a missed hooking call?
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

          R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

          Comment


          • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

            Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            I said nothing of the sort.
            It's all cheating, hence why it's a penalty, but are you really going to tell me there isn't a difference between a play that directly impacts a goal and a missed hooking call?
            What if I interfere with a guy, before he shoots (but not OBVIOUS scoring chance) on an empty net. Who's to say? Cheating is cheating. You dug your own hole when you said there's "cheating" and "not really cheating." ALL of what we have talked about are rules infractions.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

            Comment


            • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

              Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              What if I interfere with a guy, before he shoots (but not OBVIOUS scoring chance) on an empty net. Who's to say? Cheating is cheating. You dug your own hole when you said there's "cheating" and "not really cheating." ALL of what we have talked about are rules infractions.
              Yes cheating is cheating and I have not said at any time that there are things that are "not really cheating"
              But if you can't acknowledge that there is a difference between a hook that's missed, or even the play that you are describing and throwing a stick to prevent a goal that has already been shot and can't miss without the stick being thrown, then I don't know what else to tell you.
              There are degrees to everything in life and that includes penalties or infractions in hockey.
              How is this so hard to understand?
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

              R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

              Comment


              • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Uncalled holds, trips or whatever do not directly prevent goals, what Rumpel did, directly prevented a goal.
                It is illegal, it should have been called, so if it isn't cheating, then what is it?
                What in your mind is the appropriate label for throwing your stick to prevent a goal?
                Just for the record, your first point points out cheating instances.
                The second point reinforces that throwing the stick is cheating (which we all agree on).
                The third point is a question, that is a loaded one (of course it's cheating).

                So it's all cheating. But apparently you only beech if it somehow could have cost a team a game. Cheating is cheating, son, I mean, girl.

                Can you say, without a doubt, that goal would have gone in, and can you say, without a doubt, it was a thrown stick and provide conclusive (not opinions by networks) evidence of this? No. You cannot. I guarantee it. I'm not saying the refs made the RIGHT call, but was it CONCLUSIVE? Naw.
                Last edited by The Rube; 03-26-2013, 02:07 AM.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                Comment


                • Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Yes cheating is cheating and I have not said at any time that there are things that are "not really cheating"
                  But if you can't acknowledge that there is a difference between a hook that's missed, or even the play that you are describing and throwing a stick to prevent a goal that has already been shot and can't miss without the stick being thrown, then I don't know what else to tell you.
                  There are degrees to everything in life and that includes penalties or infractions in hockey.
                  How is this so hard to understand?
                  How hard is it to understand the stick was knocked out by the skate of the defenseman?
                  AF 99

                  M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

                  Comment


                  • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                    Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    How hard is it to understand the stick was knocked out by the skate of the defenseman?
                    You can believe that and no I can't prove it wasn't and Rumpel would never admit to it, but I will never believe that he didn't throw it.
                    His reaction after it was called no goal, and his multiple explanations afterwards say all I need to know that he threw it and he **** well knows he did.
                    And Brent, while like I said I can't prove that he didn't definitively throw it, there is no way in hell that puck isn't in the net if his stick isn't there.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

                    R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                    Comment


                    • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                      Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      You can believe that and no I can't prove it wasn't and Rumpel would never admit to it, but I will never believe that he didn't throw it.
                      His reaction after it was called no goal, and his multiple explanations afterwards say all I need to know that he threw it and he **** well knows he did.
                      And Brent, while like I said I can't prove that he didn't definitively throw it, there is no way in hell that puck isn't in the net if his stick isn't there.
                      You can't prove it wasn't thrown conclusively. That's all I needed to hear, Jan.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                      Comment


                      • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                        Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        You can't prove it wasn't thrown conclusively. That's all I needed to hear, Jan.
                        And you can't prove it wasn't, so whatever Marcia.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

                        R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                        Comment


                        • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                          Find a different word FTLT. Cheating implies an intent to deceive to gain some unfair advantage. If you are on a break away and I hook you down to prevent you scoring, it is not cheating. It is specifically provided for in the rules that a penalty will result, and in that circumstance I have likely had time to make a judgement about whether I would rather let you shoot or take a penalty, and simply have chosen to take the penalty. It's even referred to as a "good penalty" in some situations. But it's not cheating.

                          In the case of a goalie throwing his stick, it is the intent of the goalie to stop the puck, not to deceive anyone. If I am caught out in the corner and wheel my stick ninja-style to the front of the net intercepting a puck, I am not deceiving anyone, or even trying to. I am simply stopping the puck. Period. The rules provide for a penalty in that case and it is up to the officials to apply the rules.

                          In the case of Rumpel, first of all, I have seen him drop his stick several times while simply watching play in the corner. He wields his stick lightly, like a magician holds a wand, not like a barbarian with a cudgel. In the split second that it took for the stick to come out there was not time to even consider his action or if it would be cheating to let go of his stick. He simply was attempting to stop the puck. My opinion is that given the way he holds his stick it was knocked loose, yours is he threw it. Fine. Blame the officials if you think they got it wrong, but don't call the kid a cheater. He's not Lance Armstrong. He was just trying to do his job.

                          The "grin" that you refer to as evidence of complicity, is more likely attributed to the fact that he said he watched the stick knock the puck wide "almost in slow motion". It was an astonishing turn of events, and no doubt the player at the center of it was even more astonished at the sheer luck involved that prevented the puck from going in. Getting out of it on sheer luck is not the same as purposefully cheating the game, but you are equating the two and labeling Rumpel, who is a fine player and a fine person off the ice as well as on, a cheater. It's a foolish notion and should be stated differently.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

                          Comment


                          • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                            Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            And you can't prove it wasn't, so whatever Marcia.
                            It's posts like these that make me rofl.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                            Comment


                            • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                              Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Find a different word FTLT. Cheating implies an intent to deceive to gain some unfair advantage. If you are on a break away and I hook you down to prevent you scoring, it is not cheating. It is specifically provided for in the rules that a penalty will result, and in that circumstance I have likely had time to make a judgement about whether I would rather let you shoot or take a penalty, and simply have chosen to take the penalty. It's even referred to as a "good penalty" in some situations. But it's not cheating.

                              In the case of a goalie throwing his stick, it is the intent of the goalie to stop the puck, not to deceive anyone. If I am caught out in the corner and wheel my stick ninja-style to the front of the net intercepting a puck, I am not deceiving anyone, or even trying to. I am simply stopping the puck. Period. The rules provide for a penalty in that case and it is up to the officials to apply the rules.

                              In the case of Rumpel, first of all, I have seen him drop his stick several times while simply watching play in the corner. He wields his stick lightly, like a magician holds a wand, not like a barbarian with a cudgel. In the split second that it took for the stick to come out there was not time to even consider his action or if it would be cheating to let go of his stick. He simply was attempting to stop the puck. My opinion is that given the way he holds his stick it was knocked loose, yours is he threw it. Fine. Blame the officials if you think they got it wrong, but don't call the kid a cheater. He's not Lance Armstrong. He was just trying to do his job.

                              The "grin" that you refer to as evidence of complicity, is more likely attributed to the fact that he said he watched the stick knock the puck wide "almost in slow motion". It was an astonishing turn of events, and no doubt the player at the center of it was even more astonished at the sheer luck involved that prevented the puck from going in. Getting out of it on sheer luck is not the same as purposefully cheating the game, but you are equating the two and labeling Rumpel, who is a fine player and a fine person off the ice as well as on, a cheater. It's a foolish notion and should be stated differently.
                              Owned.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

                                http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/...ights?s=100375

                                Here is the replay, there is no skate near the stick. The Wisconsin defenders leg is going in the opposite direction and Murray's legs are too far away. The puck hits the stick after the stick is released and Rumpel said the puck knocked it out of his hand. There is a distinct motion with his arm outside, then back inside and then swinging out again when he let go of it.
                                Whether it was his intent or not to throw it may be another debate but it pretty clear that his swinging motion and release were before the puck hit it and like Wisc said he was trying to prevent a goal. The officials just basically blew the call.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X