Comment

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Yep
      Yes

Comment

Yes
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

No
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            No
            YES. We're entitled to a better coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Honestly, I don't think Eaves is terrible. He's just boring. His style requires a solid defense and an exceptional goalie. Wisky has done a poor job of recruiting those key pieces. As you can see with Minnesota, a bad recruiting class or two can lead to a long and painful drought. Even though I think Lucia is in a higher tier of coaches than Eaves, I think Eaves is still capable.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Honestly, I don't think Eaves is terrible. He's just boring. His style requires a solid defense and an exceptional goalie. Wisky has done a poor job of recruiting those key pieces. As you can see with Minnesota, a bad recruiting class or two can lead to a long and painful drought. Even though I think Lucia is in a higher tier of coaches than Eaves, I think Eaves is still capable.
                I don't think Eaves has figured out how to most effectively recruit at the college level. I think this is at the core of all the issues that UW has had over Eaves tenure. He brings in each player with a specific role in mind. Which is fine in the pros where you can cut/demote/trade players who don't work out. In college you are stuck with players who don't work out for up to 4 years and you can't just go out and add new players at anytime. Eaves has been unable to build up the critical mass of forward talent given 1.) early departures, 2.) recruiting misses, and 3.) scholarship/roster size limitations.

The thing that jumps out from Eaves first class at UW is that he had zero recruiting misses, starting with the 05 class it seems that he has been missing on about 1/3 of all the forwards. That is a recipe for a dismal offensive team.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  It's kind of like how I wish Bill Wirtz was still alive and running the Blackhawks.
                  Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 02-27-2013, 06:25 AM.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    I don't think Eaves has figured out how to most effectively recruit at the college level. I think this is at the core of all the issues that UW has had over Eaves tenure. He brings in each player with a specific role in mind. Which is fine in the pros where you can cut/demote/trade players who don't work out. In college you are stuck with players who don't work out for up to 4 years and you can't just go out and add new players at anytime. Eaves has been unable to build up the critical mass of forward talent given 1.) early departures, 2.) recruiting misses, and 3.) scholarship/roster size limitations.

The thing that jumps out from Eaves first class at UW is that he had zero recruiting misses, starting with the 05 class it seems that he has been missing on about 1/3 of all the forwards. That is a recipe for a dismal offensive team.
                    I have to say, the parallels between how the fans describe Eaves today and Lucia during the last few years is astonishing.
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I have to say, the parallels between how the fans describe Eaves today and Lucia during the last few years is astonishing.
                      I had the same thought, but I think one possible difference between the two situations (aside from Hill's issues) was Lucia's illness. In addition to energy problems, it sounds like he was dealing with some pretty serious behavioural effects of his disease and the medication. The kids did not know what coach they would see from one day to the next, from a coach who was angry and prone to outbursts, to one who was disengaged.

I may be wrong in that, but that was what it looked like after more information came out. Some say Eaves has his own disconnect problem, but that is a different thing, I think.

Whatever the reasons, it's really difficult to watch any top tier team struggle over a period of years. We all joke around with our own little schadenfreude when a rival struggles, but the game is not nearly as fun when rivals are off their game.

Comment

You really, really want Dubbie in here, don't you?

Comment

Hire Melrose
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

With all the tradition Wisconsin has I agree with you.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              You really, really want Dubbie in here, don't you?
                              Shhh! You're scaring away the fish!
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

What I don't understand is why Wisconsin runs the system they run considering the rink they play in. With a large sheet of ice, you would think you would want to capitalize on that, not let it work against you. There is good reason why Wisconsin's road record is much better than their home record. You have to not only question Eaves for this, but also the people who hired him knowing he'd run this system.
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X