Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
    I wish I would've taped it. I usually record every game, but forgot this time. I then decided to record the 11:30 replay and was going to type the interview word for word to see what others thought, but they skipped over it.
    I saw it and you two have it right from what I remember.

The gist of it was that Eaves is not currently being looked at, but at the same time, things needed to turn around this season, whatever that means.

The most that will happen this season, imo, is that he won't get a year added to his rotating extension.

EDIT: This article talks about it but doesn't make the comment about winning this year that Baggot made on TV.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-11-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
      After I listened to it, I'm about 95% sure Eaves will be back next year, unless something EXTREMELY drastic happens.
      Does going winless at home qualify? We have to win one vs UAH, right?
      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Are you referring to the two I've been talking/tweeting about lately?
        You blocked me, so I wouldn't know. I saw some other people's tweets though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          How is it that two of the best junior forwards in the state eschewed playing for the Gophers?
          One of the two I think (can't confirm) we have/had interest in, but not sure on the other one. I know we offered 3 high school forwards recently, but neither of these two were included. That doesn't mean Gophers weren't aren't interested though. Especially since Hurley took Notre Dame's offer instead of Minnesota's.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
            Does going winless at home qualify? We have to win one vs UAH, right?
            Joel Rumpel guaranteed that Wisconsin would beat the Chargers...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Joel Rumpel guaranteed that Wisconsin would beat the Chargers...

The Chargers are 1-11 on the road. BOLD prediction.

Two Geoffrions are on that team.
              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I've many DU-Wisconsin games at the Kohl Center in the past five years and what always struck me was how old the fans were in the prime "between the blue-lines" seats. That and the lack of kids whipping around the arena between periods.

Lots of possible reasons to explain this, but at the end of the day it appears to an outsider that Sconnie had an aging fanbase & wasn't able to attract enough younger families to replace the attrition that was occurring.

Most likely these issues are outside the responsibility of the hockey coach.
                Last edited by dggoddard; 12-11-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                  You blocked me, so I wouldn't know. I saw some other people's tweets though.
                  Well, that's not surprising.

Fyi, Wisconsin hasn't offered either player. One would pull the trigger if they did, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    The Chargers are 1-11 on the road. BOLD prediction.

Two Geoffrions are on that team.
                    well I won't say what he told me in its entirety but it was a rather bold statement

It was more of a "If we lose to Huntsville I'll..."
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                      I've many DU-Wisconsin games at the Kohl Center in the past five years and what always struck me was how old the fans were in the prime "between the blue-lines" seats. That and the lack of kids whipping around the arena between periods.

Lots of possible reasons to explain this, but at the end of the day it appears that Sconnie had an aging fanbase, that wasn't able to attract enough younger families to replace the attrition that was occurring.
                      I've made a point before that I think touches on a similar vane, namely that the demographics of a Badger hockey fan has indeed changed. I think it is rooted in where hockey fits into the hierarchy of Badger sports. For a long time basketball and football were in the range of aweful to mediocre at best. For now approaching 2 decades, both have been generally very good and I think the result has been a lost generation of Badger hockey fans that were more interested/captivated by basketball/football then prior generations. I suspect it has even trickled down to youth hockey as the Madison Capitals are a shadow of what they were a decade ago.

Comment

UAH beat Lake State this year and had some close contests with quality teams....3-2 against UNO and a tie with Mankato. I hate to say it, but this Badger team can't take UAH for granted.
                        Wisconsin was lucky Tech had three top players out last weekend or it would have been a sweep.
                        You can bet Kleinendorst has his boys believing that they can win and fired up to do so.
                        I'm still picking Wisconsin to sweep, but there will be two good contents and UAH will give them all they can handle.
                        Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 12-11-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Well, that's not surprising.

Fyi, Wisconsin hasn't offered either player. One would pull the trigger if they did, however.
                          You'd probably know better than I would. I'm just going by what I have read. Sounded to me like Wisconsin is front-runner to land both.

Any ideas on why neither have gotten offers?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                            You'd probably know better than I would. I'm just going by what I have read. Sounded to me like Wisconsin is front-runner to land both.

Any ideas on why neither have gotten offers?
                            Nice players, but not must-haves. Longer you can wait to make an offer, the less of a chance you have to make a mistake on a kid. Wisconsin coaching staff will be in the TC to evaluate both (& other players) over the holidays at the Schwan Cup, and other local tournaments.

Comment

Nice players, but not must-haves. Longer you can wait to make an offer, the less of a chance you have to make a mistake on a kid. Wisconsin coaching staff will be in the TC to evaluate both (& other players) over the holidays at the Schwan Cup, and other local tournaments.
                              Makes sense. I was just curious because I am wondering if, now that Hurley is off the board, if the battle for those two will heat up a little more? Not saying Wisconsin still wouldn't be the front runner (sounds like on at least one they would be for sure), but it might make things interesting.

Any ideas if either have any offers currently and from whom?
                              Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 12-11-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                                Makes sense. I was just curious because I am wondering if, now that Hurley is off the board, if the battle for those two will heat up a little more? Not saying Wisconsin still wouldn't be the front runner (sounds like on at least one they would be for sure), but it might make things interesting.

Any ideas if either have any offers currently and from whom?
                                I know the offers for one of the kids but I'm not comfortable putting it out there. Mostly NCHC schools and a few out east. No Gopher offers for either (at this point).

Comment

Working...
                                X