Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Gotta love how a "Fire the Badger Coach" thread turns into yet another thread hijacked by a Gopher circle-jerk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Gotta love how a "Fire the Badger Coach" thread turns into yet another thread hijacked by a Gopher circle-jerk.
      If the current Badger team is a slow motion trainwreck lead by an arrogant know-it-all, it seemed just appropriate that this thread was also.

Comment

FWIW, many season ticketholders in Mankato wear Rodent Apparel when Minnesota comes to town.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Some positive news for Wisconsin is that Grant Besse should be a stud at the next level, and he comes in next season. He could have an immediate impact ala Kyle Rau at Minnesota. And then UW's 2014 class looks pretty special. I'm a big fan of Christian Dvorak.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            And at some schools, much more than others. Was Barry bombarded with so many emails publicly from UW Hockey fans that he was compelled to publicly (on numerous occasions) assure UW fans that hockey would continue to be a major focus of the athletic department when he was hired?
            Has this happened yet? It's a serious question, not a jab at all. I'm trying to recall Barry publicly reassuring the Badger Hockey fans that he cares - after receiving a ton of emails from Badger Hockey fans....but that's not to say it hasn't happened.

Thanks, T
            Go Badgers!

Comment

I pulled up on this on my way into work today...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Dubbie-1.jpg******

So this has all been an inside job? A hoax?

The thought of gunning it crossed my mind at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
                Has this happened yet? It's a serious question, not a jab at all. I'm trying to recall Barry publicly reassuring the Badger Hockey fans that he cares - after receiving a ton of emails from Badger Hockey fans....but that's not to say it hasn't happened.

Thanks, T
                Yeah, Minnesota's new AD got bombarded with emails. So did KFAN and 1500 ESPN ahead of interviews they had with him. To the point that both stations asked him to assure Gopher Hockey fans hockey would remain a priority.

I have to admit, the hire made me nervous at first.

Maybe Barry got the same reaction when he was hired, but I don't remember that happening. You guys would know better than I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Dubbie-1.jpg******

I've seen this car and plate too.
                  Go Badgers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

A part from the Badger logo and being Wisconsin plates, I like it

Comment

Like Dubbs could afford an Acura.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Like Dubbs could afford an Acura.
                        Its also too manly for him
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Its also too manly for him
                          I think the Acura photo was photoshopped. I just took this picture: http://i.imgur.com/a1q2v.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Birds of a feather...
                            "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                              I think the Acura photo was photoshopped. I just took this picture: http://i.imgur.com/a1q2v.jpg
                              The most annoying thing about that picture is that the dinkberry parked in the middle of two spaces. I hate people who do that. It should be legal to key cars that are parked like this clown.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Fire Mike Eaves?

Heck Yeah!

As everyone knows, recruiting is the life blood of any college sport. Mike Eaves has consistently either lost the battle or wasted scholarship dollars on players who have returned little or nothing to the program. The moment you can tell when a program has lost its mojo, is when the home state's best prospects start leaving for greener pastures. What did Barry Alverez do when he got the job, he stated that he was going to build a wall around the state and not let its best players leave for other programs, and it worked!

Let's look and see how Big Mike has been faring lately with Wisconsin's top home grown prospects:

Jordan Schmaltz - NHL 1st round pick - North Dakota
                                Will Butcher - NTDP - Denver
                                Ian McCoshen - USHL - Boston College

The other area that he has failed miserably is the scholarship dollars he has wasted on Wisconsin Prep Hockey Players who he has offered scholarships to before they played one minute in JR Hockey!

Current Wisconsin Wi Born Players and where they were recruited from:

Jake McCabe - NTDP - 6 points
                                Keegan Meuer - USHL - 4 points
                                Ryan Little - WIAA - 2 points
                                Brad Navin - WIAA - 1 point
                                Gavin Hartzog - WIAA - 0 points
                                Sean Little - WIAA - 0 points
                                Jefferson Dahl - WIAA - 0 points
                                Matt Pappe - WIAA - 0 points
                                Chase Drake - WIAA - 0 points

Lets also not forget two other former WIAA players and former WI Prep Hockey players of the year who committed to Wisco and never made it to campus

Travis Erstad
                                Cody Strang

So when you wonder why Wisco Hockey sucks.....take a look at the local players who are getting away and the ones who they landed.

So, is it time to fire Mike Eaves???

Yes is the answer!

Comment

Working...
                                X