@MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Big Ten League?

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      For what?
      Good lord...I'm done with this.

I'll just have to splurge and buy a B1G Handbook.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

So let me see, this is a circle jerk argument over nothing. The BTHC will play on no matter how much opposing fan bases want it to fail, too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          So let me see, this is a circle jerk argument over nothing. The BTHC will play on no matter how much opposing fan bases want it to fail, too funny.
          Yeah, I'm thinking that people aren't just gonna say "never mind."

Multiple ships have sailed. The whole fleet, actually.

Comment

I'm not sure who you are referring to, but I was/am curious for lacrosse purposes.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              My point is, I don't care where in the rule book it is. And using your example, I don't are where in the NFL broadcast the rule you referred to is either. If a reputable source (let alone dozens of them) tell me it's a rule, I take their word for it.

Especially considering I haven't found a single article that mentions the 50% thing. Not one.
              Considering the quality of the "news media" and it's "reporting" since turning into an an entertainment venue about 20 years ago or so, you'll forgive me if I act and sound like a guy from Missouri (which I originally am) and say, you'll have to "show me".

"reputable" and "internet news media" are oxymorons just as often as they aren't. You might be right, but you still haven't answered FS23's question.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                I'm not sure who you are referring to, but I was/am curious for lacrosse purposes.
                Not really at you, just the general feeling that every time the B1G does something (newsworthy- anything) there are threads that pop up questioning the validity of the Hockey conference. I just find it amusing.

Comment

No, it's about every time I answer a question about this (which is annoying enough that it is repeatedly asked) dude has to follow behind an point out that one one has been able to find the actual rule in the bylaws.

Comment

IT DOESN'T MATTER!

*****http://www.impeccabledjphotos.org/albums/wwe/smackdown/318/smdwn124-25.jpg******

The B1G Mistake will go on.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                      Considering the quality of the "news media" and it's "reporting" since turning into an an entertainment venue about 20 years ago or so, you'll forgive me if I act and sound like a guy from Missouri (which I originally am) and say, you'll have to "show me".

"reputable" and "internet news media" are oxymorons just as often as they aren't. You might be right, but you still haven't answered FS23's question.
                      Again, find me one news source reporting otherwise. I've read dozens of major news outlets report that it's six teams. That's good enough for me until I read ANYTHING that says differently.

Comment

Not really at you, just the general feeling that every time the B1G does something (newsworthy- anything) there are threads that pop up questioning the validity of the Hockey conference. I just find it amusing.
                        People don't like change, and the B1G is arguably the top conference in the country...I'm sure you are used to the jealousy. That being said, this particular question is irrelevant to hockey, as the BTHC starts (and has already been agreed to/formed) before Maryland and Rutgers ever join the conference.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Section 18.3 - Determination of conference champion. A sport is considered a conference sport in which a champion is declared when six or more conference universities sponsor varsity teams in that sport. (snipped additional sentences)

That comes directly from the Big Ten handbook.

Just here to help.
                          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                            Section 18.3 - Determination of conference champion. A sport is considered a conference sport in which a champion is declared when six or more conference universities sponsor varsity teams in that sport. (snipped additional sentences)

Just here to help.
                            Thanks Hammy

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post

Just here to help.
                              Thank you. This is all I was looking for.

I wonder if that rule will be updated when/before Maryland and Rutgers join because i believe the B1G will now have 6 women's lacrosse schools (only 5 men's teams).
                              North Dakota

Comment

There's always "an exception being granted" option. Always.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X