Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence at Boston University 11/24

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Any advice from the St Lawrence fans? Who should we be looking for on your team in the way of exciting players etc.

Looking forward to a good post-turkey matchup.
    Our top two forwards by far will be Kyle Flanagan (16) and Greg Carey (10). Unfortunately, as they go, the team will go. After starting the season off on a tear, they have cooled off a bit, and there hasn't been considerable secondary scoring. Chris Martin (25) has looked impressive in his soph campaign so far.

The defensive side of the puck has 6 guys who all played a considerable amount last season. They're led by George Hughes (15), along with Justin Baker (51). They will also QB the top powerplay unit, and are dangerous offensively.

I would expect Matt Weninger to get the nod in net, as there really isn't any goalie controversy at all in Canton, NY.

I will guess and say that our top 2 lines will probably be comparable in terms of skill, but our 3rd and 4th lines will likely be a little inferior compared to BU. Hopefully the fellas put in a full 60 minute effort, otherwise it could be a long bus ride back to the north country.
    Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 11-21-2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

That 2000 Game in Albany (longest NCAA tournament game) was one of the greatest games I have had the privilege of attending. 4OT and 70+ saves by each goalie, finalized with a SLU win, was Awesome! Only had wished that our 1988 NCAA Championship appearance vs Lake Superior had come up with the same results in Lake Placid. This was another great game to be at and watch the Lappin brothers. Unfortunately our team this year seems to be very sporadic, so hopefully we will be able to give the Terriers a good game. Also very true that both Wade Megan and Kyle Flanagan are both Canton boys. Lets also not forget that Peverley, who helped the Bruins win the Cup two years ago, is also a SLU grad.

Go Saints Go

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
        Probably similar story to mine. Started watching it on Fox New England only to have it pre-empted by a Celtics game.......then began a scramble to try and find a link to listen on the Internet. Couldn't get on the SLU site as it was very limited at the time and no more people could get onto it. Finally found a way to listen on the BU site. Did get to watch the rest of it later that night when Fox re-broadcast the OT's they missed.
        kinda...

mookie was at the in laws watching on fne and like y'all the pitino celtics broke in. mookie calls the station to find out ***igo and nobody is answering.. mookie runs out to fire up a car to listen on the radio. bu at the time had some weakassed am station (times, they don't a change ) but then out of plymouth. no signal at all for mookie out in northern worcester county. mookies only option is to start driving closer to plymouth. the car at the end of the driveway was the fil's van (silver dodge with a blue and red racing strip - whatever). mookie starts driving east on rt 2 and the signal is getting stronger. mookie notices a rest stop on the other side of the highway so he exits and get in the westbound lane and parks... and listens.... and listens... and listens. the OT ends and mookie leans back and takes in his surroundings. he notices that he is the only car parked, but there are a couple cars doing laps around the parking lot. hmmmm. another lap. wth. just some random dudes in cars doing laps in a rest area around mookie and his silver van with racing strips.... hmmm.. JUST SOME RANDOM DUDES WITH CARS DOING LAPS AROUND MOOKIE!!!!

mookie puts the van in reverse and gets out of the rest area and takes the next exit and uses the remaining time of intermission to drive even closer to boston and parks in a restaurant parking lot to listen to the rest of the game.

....not that there is anything wrong with that.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          kinda...

mookie was at the in laws watching on fne and like y'all the pitino celtics broke in. mookie calls the station to find out ***igo and nobody is answering.. mookie runs out to fire up a car to listen on the radio. bu at the time had some weakassed am station (times, they don't a change ) but then out of plymouth. no signal at all for mookie out in northern worcester county. mookies only option is to start driving closer to plymouth. the car at the end of the driveway was the fil's van (silver dodge with a blue and red racing strip - whatever). mookie starts driving east on rt 2 and the signal is getting stronger. mookie notices a rest stop on the other side of the highway so he exits and get in the westbound lane and parks... and listens.... and listens... and listens. the OT ends and mookie leans back and takes in his surroundings. he notices that he is the only car parked, but there are a couple cars doing laps around the parking lot. hmmmm. another lap. wth. just some random dudes in cars doing laps in a rest area around mookie and his silver van with racing strips.... hmmm.. JUST SOME RANDOM DUDES WITH CARS DOING LAPS AROUND MOOKIE!!!!

mookie puts the van in reverse and gets out of the rest area and takes the next exit and uses the remaining time of intermission to drive even closer to boston and parks in a restaurant parking lot to listen to the rest of the game.

That's alright, I listened to Yale/Harvard on an IPhone in a hotel parking lot in Bethlehem PA last season, six pack of Yuengling helped ease the loss!
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            kinda...

Spaceman was in Hawaii at that time. He rang up a cell phone bill of close to $200.00 by calling a friend of his in NYC every 2 minutes to get updates. Luckily, I was at the game - the greatest sporting event I've attended in my 60 years. Amazing thing was that BU had played the day before. What a game.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
              Please be gentle with us.
              That was not gentle. Oh well, our Hockey East Unbeaten Streak was bound to end sooner or later, 7-1-1 isn't too bad dating back to Jan 1, 2010. Good luck the rest of the season BU!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                That was not gentle. Oh well, our Hockey East Unbeaten Streak was bound to end sooner or later, 7-1-1 isn't too bad dating back to Jan 1, 2010. Good luck the rest of the season BU!
                Yeah.....you're right Brandon. Sounded like an old fashioned whipping and were it not for Wenninger it would have been worse. Not often we get shut out. Looking at the post game comments Carvy said it was the best team we have played all year long.
                SLU

Comment

First of all, thanks for the birthday win BU. Second, this was my first game of the year and I was impressed with the Terrier's play overall. Nice speed, nice puck movement, and some nice playmaking. I like the Fin, I like our new #5, and Holman has got wheels (where were they last year?)

Cisse needs to start finishing or it's time to move to the 3rd line.

#10 on the Saints a bit of a hot-head, eh?

I was at the 2000 4 OT game. Funny thing, that game isn't even in my top 5 all-time great Terrier games.

BU Hockey: 1-0.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X