Yale and New Hampshire at Denver and CC 11/23 & 11/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale and New Hampshire at Denver and CC 11/23 & 11/24

Tomorrow night in Denver should be interesting. UNH is coming off a game that, once they had a 4-0 lead, had to be incredibly frustrating to only come away from with a tie. DU has to be feeling that they didn't play anywhere near their best hockey (Jussi Olkinuora excepted). Presumably Sam Brittain will play in goal tomorrow night, and I hope to see a lot less sloppy play in the neutral zone as well as the defensive end.

Comment

Yale played a flawless road game. Stuck to their game plan in a total disciplined way. Justice was served, DU did not deserve a tie. Had a similar feel to the Friday Cloudie game. CC comes back from 4-0 to get the tie vs UNH. I expect CC will beat Yale something like 4-1 tomorrow night. I have no prediction for the UNH DU game.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Gwoz was pretty harsh toward his team in the post-game interview.
        I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
          I like that.
          Gwoz rarely does coach-speak.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I like that.
            Yup. He was not happy. I loved the Boss life lessons/work ethic sermon. I also loved the line about some of the players already planning out the parade route--classic Gwoz! The leaders will show up tomorrow.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Can someone (Tig or Ron the lone posters from ***** nation?) :-) who was at the toilet give us a recap of CC's come back? Similar to last Friday when they scored some quick ones back to back on DU?
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                Yup. He was not happy. I loved the Boss life lessons/work ethic sermon. I also loved the line about some of the players already planning out the parade route--classic Gwoz! The leaders will show up tomorrow.
                Also from Gwoz
                "I really don't have a whole lot to say about our performance tonight," head coach George Gwozdecky said. "I was very impressed with Yale. They came in and pushed the pace. They have a terrific team and a great goaltender."
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I actually thought that "sermon" sounded like the dude on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis that I walk by multiple times a week who makes a living banging on an overturned bucket

But I like how he was willing to call his guys out. Sometimes that's exactly what is needed.

Comment

Any thoughts that UNH ran out of gas due to the altitude? Not sure why Magness is predicting a 4-1 CC win over Yale? Why?
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

I actually thought that "sermon" sounded like the dude on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis that I walk by multiple times a week who makes a living banging on an overturned bucket

But I like how he was willing to call his guys out. Sometimes that's exactly what is needed.
                      Check your rep.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Entire quote, high praise for the Eli from the opposing coach

"I was impressed with Yale. We knew they would push the pace. They are a terrific team and have a great goaltender," said Denver head coach George Gwozdecky in his post-game interview on ESPN radio. "This game could have been way out of hand without the play of our goalie. They did a great job on the penalty kill. They did all the things you need to go on the road to get a win."

From the DU Captain about how Yale came out.

"I don't think we touched the puck in the first 10 minutes of the game," said Denver captain Paul Phillips during an ESPN radio interview after the second period.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Can someone (Tig or Ron the lone posters from ***** nation?) :-) who was at the toilet give us a recap of CC's come back? Similar to last Friday when they scored some quick ones back to back on DU?
                          It was a more monumental comeback. Lack luster followed by furry. Howe came up big. UNH is an excellent hockey team. The fury came too little and too late, again. Maybe co14ers will report my post? ...idiot... I suspect UNH will give DU all they can take, good luck girls.
                          Originally posted by vizoroo
                          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                          Originally posted by duper
                          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                          Originally posted by dggoddard
                          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

I'm with you LTsatch....if they didn't run out of gas there's no excuse for giving up the tie....shots were 49-29 for UNH, they had the get up and go, and they came back alive for the OT, which of course blows my theory to hell but......let's see how we do to with DU...get it? I didn't realize we had the record against CC that we do.....they had the incentive...enjoy the games.

Comment

Anybody who was at the game have a comment on Bourbanais' 5 minute major? The Yale post game story made it seem as though he barely touched the DU player?

Comment

Originally posted by Boola View Post
                                Anybody who was at the game have a comment on Bourbanais' 5 minute major? The Yale post game story made it seem as though he barely touched the DU player?
                                That's interesting. Link? It definitely looked like a penalty to me, although I was only watching the video feed from home. Mark Rycroft, the analyst on the DU radio/webcast stream was surprised that it was called a major. At first, he thought they were calling a double-minor, and seemed a bit surprised by that, and actually mentioned several times throughout the game that he was surprised that went down as a major. He also mentioned several times in the third period that DU did not seem to be getting calls, possibly because they had already had more calls than Yale, and the refs don't like the penalties to be too far out of balance.

Comment

Working...
                                X