Minnesota @ Vermont: 11/23 -11/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Vermont: 11/23 -11/24

The Gophers head East to take on the Catamounts for 2 games this week, these two teams split last year at Mariucci.

Vermont lost to BU 6-2 on Friday and they play Northeastern tonight, the Gophers tied Wisconsin 2-2 Friday night and won 3-1 on Saturday night.

Both games are on FSN

Go

Re: Minnesota @ Vermont: 11/23 -11/24

Revenge!!

Comment

Vermont has 1 win. Bottom half of league in PK, PP, team offense and team Defense. Just the type of team to come in and get 1 or 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Vermont has 1 win. Bottom half of league in PK, PP, team offense and team Defense. Just the type of team to come in and get 1 or 2 points.
        Never understood how you get points in non conference games. Hmmmmm.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Might be able to seep this one. Vermont plays Today, and Tuesday so they will be playing their 3rd and 4th games of the week against the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            Except we are going out there.

Speaking of which, I wonder when the last time (if ever) we played at Vermont?
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

First trip.
              http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/h...ponent=Vermont

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  Never understood how you get points in non conference games. Hmmmmm.
                  Figuratively. They are all for points in the pairwise eventually, granted, not in the same respect as conference games, but probably worth more, in a way.

As for the "coming in", I wasn't even thinking one way or another where the game was, just a figure of speech.

GEEEEZ, can't a guy get in a pessimistic funk without getting hammered on linguistics?
                  Last edited by Koho; 11-18-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I've told you a million times not to do this.
                    waiting for {some moron} to chime in & actually count the times

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      Interesting, considering how long they've been D-1.

They are one of the six programs that UNO has NEVER played, along with Northeastern, Cornell, Brown, Rensselaer, and Sacred Heart.

Comment

Vermont is a better team then last year, however the Gophers shouldn't have a lot of trouble with them this weekend.

For the Gopher fans, UVM has live feeds for every home game free of charge.
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          Vermont is a better team then last year, however the Gophers shouldn't have a lot of trouble with them this weekend.

For the Gopher fans, UVM has live feeds for every home game free of charge.
                          I think most of us will have access to the games through FSN North and/or FCS, but that is good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                            I think most of us will have access to the games through FSN North and/or FCS, but that is good to know.
                            Nice to know for those of us who are normally stuck with FSN Director's cut... but I'll be in Duluth this weekend anyway....
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Revenge!!
                              That's how we're looking at this. Revenge for that first game loss against the Gophers in Minneapolis last year.

On a serious note, the Cats look to be slightly improved over last year. The one glaring disappointment would be our total inability to compete with the upper echelon teams, having been hammered by UNH 4-0 and BU 6-2. Hopefully we can reverse that trend and keep these games interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X