Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Vermont: 11/23 -11/24

5 and 0 baby. Just 3 more left!
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      While it would be fun to beat them, I would take a NC anyway they could get it. If BC got knocked off before they played the Gophers and the Gophs went on to win it all, it wouldn't diminish the feat at all. To win a NC, everything has to come together. Just a hot goalie and a couple bounces with an inferior team can beat the most talented team in the nation on a given night. A team doesn't have to beat the hottest program in recent years for an NC to be legit.
      Just to clarify the original discussion, I was saying that when you have a team of contenders, you don't tend to necessarily worry about any given team. My example was that last year I wanted to see MN play BC.

Winning an NC without facing a #1 seed doesn't diminish the accomplishment. But if you feel like you have a real shot at an NC, I'm of the opinion heading into the tournament that I want them to play the best teams out there.

And those close, hard fought games tend to stick in your memory a bit more. Win or lose. Like I said, those memories from 2002 and 1989 are much clearer in my minds eye than anything from the 2003 title game. The 2003 semi-final on the other hand...

Comment

Great road sweep for the Gophers, anytime you can win 2 on the road that is huge.

They made it interesting in the 3rd but held on like a good team should.

Good luck to Vermont the rest of the way.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Another UVM loss, 3-1. Again, the UVM spin doctors chalk it up as a moral victory. They (partially) blamed tonight's loss on missing Brickley and Markison. But, in October, they bragged about our depth at forward. If I remember correctly, UVM cancelled baseball and softball to concentrate on hockey and basketball. Thank goodness, otherwise the hockey team would be the worst team in Division I, rather than ranked 52nd out of 59 Division I teams. I am so glad I went to the PrimeLink tonight to watch great hockey played by 2 teams, not just one.

Comment

Originally posted by ransarge2000 View Post
            Another UVM loss, 3-1. Again, the UVM spin doctors chalk it up as a moral victory. They (partially) blamed tonight's loss on missing Brickley and Markison. But, in October, they bragged about our depth at forward.
            Who are these UVM spin doctors to which you refer?

Comment

Another UVM loss, 3-1. Again, the UVM spin doctors chalk it up as a moral victory. They (partially) blamed tonight's loss on missing Brickley and Markison. But, in October, they bragged about our depth at forward. If I remember correctly, UVM cancelled baseball and softball to concentrate on hockey and basketball. Thank goodness, otherwise the hockey team would be the worst team in Division I, rather than ranked 52nd out of 59 Division I teams. I am so glad I went to the PrimeLink tonight to watch great hockey played by 2 teams, not just one.
              The UVM hockey team must of finally hit a nerve with you? This is your first post and you have been here since 2010.

Comment

No you do not remember correctly, baseball and softball were cut for budgetary reasons, not so UVM could focus on any particular sport.

Curious what rankings you are using that have UVM ranked 52nd? A link would be helpful.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  Just to clarify the original discussion, I was saying that when you have a team of contenders, you don't tend to necessarily worry about any given team. My example was that last year I wanted to see MN play BC.

Winning an NC without facing a #1 seed doesn't diminish the accomplishment. But if you feel like you have a real shot at an NC, I'm of the opinion heading into the tournament that I want them to play the best teams out there.

And those close, hard fought games tend to stick in your memory a bit more. Win or lose. Like I said, those memories from 2002 and 1989 are much clearer in my minds eye than anything from the 2003 title game. The 2003 semi-final on the other hand...
                  This team, thus far, has shown the ability to make any game against any opponent a close, hard fought game.

Comment

Working...
                  X