Minnesota @ Vermont: 11/23 -11/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Vermont: 11/23 -11/24

*****http://static.neatorama.com/images/2010-07/keep-calm-sweep-the-leg.jpg******
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That was a nice game to watch.
      The third line looked really good tonight.

I'd also just point out that Rau scored his goal while Budish was on the ice (and on an assist by Budish).
      Budish scored his goal from Rau and Bjugstad.
      I'm not going to get off that train until they start putting up 3 even-strength goals/game with the lines they have been playing

Hopefully the Gophers can come out and turn in 60 minutes tomorrow and do the entire conference a favor to make up for DU's ****-up tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        That was a nice game to watch.
        The third line looked really good tonight.

I'd also just point out that Rau scored his goal while Budish was on the ice (and on an assist by Budish).
        Budish scored his goal from Rau and Bjugstad.
        I'm not going to get off that train until they start putting up 3 even-strength goals/game with the lines they have been playing

Hopefully the Gophers can come out and turn in 60 minutes tomorrow and do the entire conference a favor to make up for DU's ****-up tonight
        How about CC's f-up? Down 4-0 at one point?!
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          How about CC's f-up? Down 4-0 at one point?!
          Hey, I EXPECTED CC to lose tonight. UNH has had some ridiculous defensive numbers all year. CC coming back to tie that is bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Hey, I EXPECTED CC to lose tonight. UNH has had some ridiculous defensive numbers all year. CC coming back to tie that is bonus as far as I'm concerned.
            The comeback, ya. Given CC's record, and it was at CC....that part (4 goal lead) surprised me a little.

Comment

Just as an aside - and entirely out of place in this thread - my feeling so far this year is that there have been 3 teams with legitimate claim to the #1 spot in the polls...BC, DU and UNH.
              I kind of felt like DU was looking past Yale tonight in anticipation of UNH. I'm really looking forward to tuning into the last half of that game tomorrow night.

Comment

Might be tArrogance talking, but teams like Union, Yale, UNH.......meh. Just....meh. They happen every year, and while they might try to make a run....usually it's nothing in the end. Teams like BC, DU, MN, UND....they are the ones who usually crush the dreams and hopes. These middling teams (I cannot say "Cinderella" and stay somewhat credible) tout their talent, but in the end, they get beat by some traditional "top" program.

Comment

Maybe "in the end", but in the regular season things are a little different.

At any rate, I think of UNH as a traditional power. And they seem to have all the pieces in place to do some serious damage this year. Certainly a team that I think warranted their #3 ranking this week.

Comment

Maybe "in the end", but in the regular season things are a little different.

At any rate, I think of UNH as a traditional power. And they seem to have all the pieces in place to do some serious damage this year. Certainly a team that I think warranted their #3 ranking this week.
                    Oh, I don't write them off, like I do some other teams, but honestly, I never really worry about them.

Comment

They're bound to be due eventually!

But when you got a team of contenders, do you ever really worry about anyone?
                      ****, last year I WANTED BC
                      We all know how that turned out.

Comment

They're bound to be due eventually!

But when you got a team of contenders, do you ever really worry about anyone?
                        ****, last year I WANTED BC
                        We all know how that turned out.
                        BC is the boogeyman under the bed. You never WANT BC. You may have to face them...and you may feel confident...but you never want them.

Comment

Oh, I ****in want 'em.

Can't be the best unless you beat the best.

Comment

Oh, I ****in want 'em.

Can't be the best unless you beat the best.
                            OK Ric Flair. And Cliche Artist of the Day.

Just hand us the title. Whichever way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              OK Ric Flair. And Cliche Artist of the Day.

Just hand us the title. Whichever way possible.
                              Pshht. We can play the games of 7>5, 6>5, 6=6 yada yada yada....Bottom line, the memory of the 2003 National Championship will never come close to the memory of the 2002 National Championship. Or the 1989 National Championship (I was 7 years old but I still remember it clearly). Those were just much more exciting games.

Comment

Pshht. We can play the games of 7>5, 6>5, 6=6 yada yada yada....Bottom line, the memory of the 2003 National Championship will never come close to the memory of the 2002 National Championship. Or the 1989 National Championship (I was 7 years old but I still remember it clearly). Those were just much more exciting games.
                                2003 was my fave. In Vegas with fellow fans watching the game....one fan's bro in attendance at the game....post game phone call.....awesomeness. Cross country celebration.

Gimme titles. Like Pac Man. Wantwantwanwantwant. In the end, no one remembers the "history" behind the opponent. They only remember the team. Maybe. So gimme ALL the titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X