Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Dartmouth & Harvard (11/9 & 11/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Dartmouth & Harvard (11/9 & 11/10)

I'll be at the Harvard game. Just picked up a ticket right behind the RPI bench. With the Tragically Hip playing at the House of Blues in Boston the night before, I figured I'd make a weekend out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Could not agree more with most of this. I recall years ago we had a high draftee goalie-Bryan Masotta-lots of promise. I saw what can happen when things come apart at the seams down here in Princeton in the second period of a game. In no way am I indicating Kasdorf is a redux of Massota but SA having been a goalie really should know exactly how to bring in a talented boy in that position. I really believe that there is an incredible difference in the learning curve in college hockey for forwards vs defensemen vs goalies. Great points ehf.
      I think that SA did a good job developing York. I trust that he will do the same with Kasdorf.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just bought my ticket for the Dartmouth game.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
          Go RPI - Go ECAC - RPI-TV will donate - I will be at the Harvard game. Would like to see Kasdorf. My strategy would be to start Diebold Friday and send Kasdorf to watch Harvard / Union Friday game. Select Saturday goalie based on Friday result. I like the lines very similar to the lines from the sucessful end of last year.
          If Kaz spent Fri. night in Cambridge, RPI would need a 3rd keeper, meaning one fewer skaters for Appert to travel with....not likely.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            If Kaz spent Fri. night in Cambridge, RPI would need a 3rd keeper, meaning one fewer skaters for Appert to travel with....not likely.
            I do think that we will indeed only travel with two goalies, and Kasdorf is the most likley to be the odd-man out. On the other hand, I expect him to get a start against Mercyhurst, and after that, he would be on the travel roster if he outperforms either of the other two.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-06-2012, 04:22 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I do think that we will indeed only travel with two gaolies, and Kasdorf is the most likley to be the odd-man out. On the other hand, I expect him to get a start against Mercyhurst, and after that, he would be on the travel roster, if he outperforms either of the other two.
              Good point. One other thing about Merriam is, as much as he scares the ba-geez-es (yes I made up that word) out of me when he's in net, especially when he goes to an area where the colour of the ice is white or red, the D corps need to be able to back him up, especially at this level. Curadi is a terrific defender, and the Union floodgates opened when we lost our second best penalty killer on the team (only to the goaltender, who is automatically your best PKer). It would not surprise me if, barring any additional action taken by the league, one of the extras that comes along is Curadi so that we have him for Harvard.

I don't know if I've seen incredible brilliance from Merriam the way I've seen it from York and Diebold, but he's no slouch in net. He can hold the fort.

Comment

I do think that we will indeed only travel with two gaolies, and Kasdorf is the most likley to be the odd-man out. On the other hand, I expect him to get a start against Mercyhurst, and after that, he would be on the travel roster, if he outperforms either of the other two.
                If this is true, and I know we will really not know until Friday, then why did all three dress for the Union game Sat?

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                  If this is true, and I know we will really not know until Friday, then why did all three dress for the Union game Sat?
                  You are allowed to bring 23 on a roadtrip and since there was no concern of having players for a second game, why not take along all three goalies? That's my read.

I agree with FD08 that one of the extra spots next weekend will be used by Curadi.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You are allowed to bring 23 on a roadtrip and since there was no concern of having players for a second game, why not take along all three goalies? That's my read.

I agree with FD08 that one of the extra spots next weekend will be used by Curadi.
                    Where is it in writing about only being able to bring 23? I cannot find it anywhere and the NCAA Rules say they have no limit on how many can travel but that you can only dress 18 skaters and up to 3 goalies as WS said earlier. It goes on to say some conferences have their own rules on it but I cannot find anything on the ECAC site.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                      Where is it in writing about only being able to bring 23? I cannot find it anywhere and the NCAA Rules say they have no limit on how many can travel but that you can only dress 18 skaters and up to 3 goalies as WS said earlier. It goes on to say some conferences have their own rules on it but I cannot find anything on the ECAC site.
                      It's definitely not a national rule; it's entirely a league rule. Of course, ECACHL doesn't post their rules, and we went through this when Appert was suspended after Hicks Screwjob II.

Comment

RPI Game Notes. Refs for Friday night; Brad Leblanc & Andy O'Brien......Saturday night; Tim Kotyra & Andy O'Brien...... http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...rd.pdf?id=1373
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI Lines:
                          Lee / Higgs / O Grady
                          Tinordi / Neal/ Haggerty
                          Zalewski/ McGowan/ Bubela
                          Rogic/ MIller/ Burgdoerfer

LeBeef/ Bailen
                          Leonard/ Dolan
                          Bradley/ Bokenfohr

DIEBOLD
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Union lineup

http://unionhockey.tumblr.com/post/3...art-vs-harvard

Comment

Working...
                            X