Nice to hear next year is 2 @ agganis. Already looking forward to that
    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Re: Boston University @ North Dakota - November 2nd/3rd

Nice to hear next year is 2 @ agganis. Already looking forward to that
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

I posted this in the BU thread by accident, meant to get it into the game thread...

WOW. I didn't see that coming. BU at times looked like they wouldn't be able to beat Sacred Heart. Passes off of skates, in ability to clear the zone for over a minute.....But I will take it.

So what was the deal with the booing of Privitera? Did they pick him just because Oksanen didn't dress? I have to admit, it was pretty sweet to see him thread that nice pass for the GWG while they were booing him.

A great series overall. UND is a great program - looking forward to seeing them in Boston next year.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          UND sweeps, terriers go home without their bone.
          Sweeps what? The prairie?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Regarding the student section: The old Ralph held about half what REA holds. The students filled one side from turn to turn. The intensity in that rink was up about 3 notches from what it is now. It's still a great experience, just a little more . . . subdued. And less profane. But that is the way of new rinks, I guess. I'm sure BU fans have the same thing to say about Agganis and its predecessor.
            Absolutely true. And it's even more noticeable in the "new" Boston Garden. The old Garden was LOUD and the building would shake. Just an incredible feeling...the new building has sound-absorbing tiles, plus the upper level is not close to the ice. In the old Garden, the sound would bound off the steel and the balcony was literally right over the ice. Just the way it is now...wider seating, wider aisles and concourses and less crammed. More of an "antiseptic" atmosphere, but I think many fans today expect those amenities. There is a larger percentage of (shall we say) less "passionate" fans who won't go without these things. As for BU, although the old WBA was loud and the sound bounced off the corrugated metal ceiling, it was half the capacity. So the real problem with Agganis is simply that there is a larger percentage of empty seats and the sound just gets lost. Tough to fill 6500 seats in a major city with so much competition for the entertainment dollar in a bad economy. Hopefully things will "liven" up. I'll tell you one thing...more games like tonight would go a long way towards helping to make that a reality!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              So what was the deal with the booing of Privitera? Did they pick him just because Oksanen didn't dress? I have to admit, it was pretty sweet to see him thread that nice pass for the GWG while they were booing him.
              I answered in the other thread as well.

The fans were booing Privitera because on Friday night he hit a UND student in the face with his stick . The fan uploaded a photo of the aftermath and it's floating around the internet. I have yet to see it myself. He also squirted fans with a water bottle.

In the postgame interview Privitera admitted to both, but told the reporter that the water bottle thing was just between the two of them (another hockey beat writer overheard the interview).

ETA: Blogger Tim Boger writes about the incident and has quotes from said postgame interview: http://kellygreenwhite.wordpress.com...exx-privitera/
              Last edited by MissSioux85; 11-03-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Well, first off congrats to BU. They certainly deserved "2 points" this weekend, and they got it. Tonight's game was not as well played (IMO), but BU kept coming at North Dakota. By the middle of the 3rd, North Dakota looked gassed, and BU took advantage. I was very impressed by the Terriers special teams all weekend. I thought O'Connor played well tonight as well, as he responded quite well to that first flukey goal. Anyway, a split was probably the proper result, but it is a disappointing one when you're up by a goal with less than 6 minutes left. Good luck to BU the rest of the way.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Well, first off congrats to BU. They certainly deserved "2 points" this weekend, and they got it. Tonight's game was not as well played (IMO), but BU kept coming at North Dakota. By the middle of the 3rd, North Dakota looked gassed, and BU took advantage. I was very impressed by the Terriers special teams all weekend. I thought O'Connor played well tonight as well, as he responded quite well to that first flukey goal. Anyway, a split was probably the proper result, but it is a disappointing one when you're up by a goal with less than 6 minutes left. Good luck to BU the rest of the way.
                  OK. For you BU fans, this Fighting Sioux 23 guy is incurably courteous. But those of us who know him well understand that what he really means is that BU sucks and if they ever come back to Grand Forks they might not leave.

And somebody should check their pockets for silverware.

So now you know.

Comment

Happy with the split at the Ralph. What a great college hockey weekend series!

Hopefully, these two teams will see each other again in Pittsburgh.

Looking forward to seeing North Dakota come to Agganis next season. Good luck the rest of the way.

What a player O'Regan is becoming!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Absolutely true. And it's even more noticeable in the "new" Boston Garden. The old Garden was LOUD and the building would shake. Just an incredible feeling...the new building has sound-absorbing tiles, plus the upper level is not close to the ice. In the old Garden, the sound would bound off the steel and the balcony was literally right over the ice. Just the way it is now...wider seating, wider aisles and concourses and less crammed. More of an "antiseptic" atmosphere, but I think many fans today expect those amenities. There is a larger percentage of (shall we say) less "passionate" fans who won't go without these things. As for BU, although the old WBA was loud and the sound bounced off the corrugated metal ceiling, it was half the capacity. So the real problem with Agganis is simply that there is a larger percentage of empty seats and the sound just gets lost. Tough to fill 6500 seats in a major city with so much competition for the entertainment dollar in a bad economy. Hopefully things will "liven" up. I'll tell you one thing...more games like tonight would go a long way towards helping to make that a reality!!
                      Another unique feature of the "old" Boston Garden was that it had no corners - only curves.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        In New England we are getting the North Dakota feed on NESN. The announcers know that the feed is also going to Boston.
                        The play-by-play guy was fine, but the color analyst was brutal. He mispronounced names, overused cliches and basically offered no more analysis than any North Dakota fan sitting in Row 16 could have provided.
                        Still was an entertaining game to watch and looking forward to more of the same on the ice. And maybe someone told him how to pronounce the BU players' names.
                        I thought the picture was poor but maybe it was the lighting or maybe a poor feed connection. It just didn't look clear and crisp on my HD screen for some reason.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          I thought the picture was poor but maybe it was the lighting or maybe a poor feed connection. It just didn't look clear and crisp on my HD screen for some reason.
                          It's always been poor. Not sure why it is, but I saw that UND is working on it to make it better.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            It's always been poor. Not sure why it is, but I saw that UND is working on it to make it better.
                            I wanna say that they are taking standard definition and stretching the picture to fit HDTVs. That's my guess.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I wanna say that they are taking standard definition and stretching the picture to fit HDTVs. That's my guess.
                              NESN HD put bars on either side of the picture. The quality was about what you would expect from a standard definition feed on an HD TV, maybe a little worse.
                              #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                                Sweeps what? The prairie?
                                Jack must be thrilled to come away with those 2 points.
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X