X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gopher wes
    replied
    Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

Just want to say good job by MSU this weekend. Had it not been for a very inspired 3rd period by the Gophers on Friday night, the Mavs could have easily taken 3pts out of this series. Obviously the Gophers don't have it all figured out yet, but you can't take anything away from MSU. They capitalized on all of Minnesota's mistakes on Saturday night. Good luck until we meet again in January. Please don't nose dive after splitting with Minnesota, like Tech has.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied
    Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Robbie Earl-esque?
    Not quite but getting close.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
    He displayed his cheapness last year when he almost broke that kids neck and then he is always instigating and if he does get pushed, he then becomes a diver!
    Jealousy is an ugly thing..

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I wouldn't say cheap...I would say diver!
    Robbie Earl-esque?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Clark Fan Club
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    He displayed his cheapness last year when he almost broke that kids neck and then he is always instigating and if he does get pushed, he then becomes a diver!

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
    No one in the league is cheaper than Kyle Rau!

Leave a comment:

• Chris Clark Fan Club
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    I'll be interested to see if the Mavs take runs at the Gophers if the games become blowouts like they did against SCSU.
    Burkamper likes to hit after the whistle, Hayes and Leitner seem to like the cheap shots.
    Hopefully Hastings can clean up that program.
    No one in the league is cheaper than Kyle Rau!

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

Ah... the old too much talent to develop them properly problem.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    IMO, the problem is the Gophers are over stocked on good recruits this season and that's prevented team chemistry and strong leadership from emerging much earlier. Many of the players are still too worried and distracted about playing time. It's time to settle the line changes down a bit.
    I disagree. Competition for spots should make players play with more intensity. And Don has had some very successful years where he continually juggled lines for the first half the season. I think the chemistry that is lacking is the intensity. While playing with the same players does breed familiarity, it doesn't matter if the line is being out-hustled.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

IMO, the problem is the Gophers are over stocked on good recruits this season and that's prevented team chemistry and strong leadership from emerging much earlier. Many of the players are still too worried and distracted about playing time. It's time to settle the line changes down a bit.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

It's the first week of november. EVERYBODY is still figuring things out. The gophers have great depth at forward and defense, and have fantastic skill. They're a top 5 team, whether or not you think MTU and MSUM are good or not.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    You are on fire lately. Every thread. Well done!

Wonder if the d-bag between periods guy was asking Mankato players about playing against "the best team in the country" tonight.

Wish their replay was on. Gotta settle for this replay of the third period of the BU/UND game. Wonder how it turns out...

And yes, I know that we suck way more than either of you. Getting used to unfortunately.
    If it gets any worse they'll make you guys try out to get into that conference of footballers you'll be playing with next year.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by burd View Post
    On an even brighter side, they are underperforming earlier than usual this year, so really they are developing ahead of schedule.

You are on fire lately. Every thread. Well done!

Wonder if the d-bag between periods guy was asking Mankato players about playing against "the best team in the country" tonight.

Wish their replay was on. Gotta settle for this replay of the third period of the BU/UND game. Wonder how it turns out...

And yes, I know that we suck way more than either of you. Getting used to unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by bigclean View Post
    You're an honest man... wish I coulda bought you a beer tonight at The Cell, but either way it was a good weekend.
    I wish you could have as well. The five I had wasn't enough, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• bigclean
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    The Gophers are one of the best, but they are a bit overrated at this point.
    You're an honest man... wish I coulda bought you a beer tonight at The Cell, but either way it was a good weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X