Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

I'm staying cautiously optimistic we rebound and play much better this weekend.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
      I like the way Lucia is playing it. I do see your point about starting Shibrowski at home, gopher wes, but you can also look at the other way, that Wilcox has played better and deserves to start tonight, and if he continues to do well probably tomorrow night as well. But if he should stumble some then the quest to find the main starter resumes.

P.S. If Wilcox does have an off-night - which I am not expecting but it could happen - then Lucia would not hesitate to play Shibrowski in the second game. He's a junior and if he is going to be the Gophers' main goalie he needs to perform both at home and away.
      Agreed on all accounts.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        I like the way Lucia is playing it. I do see your point about starting Shibrowski at home, gopher wes, but you can also look at the other way, that Wilcox has played better and deserves to start tonight, and if he continues to do well probably tomorrow night as well. But if he should stumble some then the quest to find the main starter resumes.

P.S. If Wilcox does have an off-night - which I am not expecting but it could happen - then Lucia would not hesitate to play Shibrowski in the second game. He's a junior and if he is going to be the Gophers' main goalie he needs to perform both at home and away.
        Valid points. This has been discussed on GPL which is the main reason I even suggested it. I would just personally rather see Shibrowski at home for whatever reason. Obviously though, like you said, he will be relied upon both home and away if Wilcox stumbles.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Obviously Lucia sees what we see and he knows Wilcox is going to be the #1 goalie for this team, I think he should just go ahead and give him the reigns. Nothing against Shibby, you can just tell from watching that Wilcox is a better goalie. Why mess around against a WCHA opponent, put in your #1 and ride him.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I find it funny that you act really intellectual and use as big of words as possible yet don't know the difference between alumnus and alumni.

Nor can you spot governors of states that neighbor yours.
            Ha! Who really cares about spotting governors of neighboring states?

Gophers by 3 Friday. Gophers by 2 Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              Obviously Lucia sees what we see and he knows Wilcox is going to be the #1 goalie for this team, I think he should just go ahead and give him the reigns. Nothing against Shibby, you can just tell from watching that Wilcox is a better goalie. Why mess around against a WCHA opponent, put in your #1 and ride him.
              I'm almost with you on this, SanTropez, but not quite. I think it's still too early to reach a final conclusion. Based on what we've seen SO FAR, I would very much agree that Wilcox seems to be the more naturally gifted, but that's not all that counts. Whether he proves to be consistently solid and reliable over a number of games is still TBD, but I say based on his stellar performance to date he deserves the opportunity to show that he can be. But by no means should we close the door on Shibby, at least not yet.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                I'm almost with you on this, SanTropez, but not quite. I think it's still too early to reach a final conclusion. Based on what we've seen SO FAR, I would very much agree that Wilcox seems to be the more naturally gifted, but that's not all that counts. Whether he proves to be consistently solid and reliable over a number of games is still TBD, but I say based on his stellar performance to date he deserves the opportunity to show that he can be. But by no means should we close the door on Shibby, at least not yet.
                I agree. We haven't seen top notch opponents just yet. Shibby hasn't had a horrible game worthy of benching, but Wilcox does seem to be playing better. Tough call but I'd give Shibby another week or two. Just switch it up and let Wilcox go Friday instead.

Comment

I think we need to give the full rotation a chance through November. After November if someone clearly is in front then we need to pick that guy.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I think we need to give the full rotation a chance through November. After November if someone clearly is in front then we need to pick that guy.
                    This. It's a little too early to say for sure Wilcox is the number one IMO. It appears to be shaping up that way, yes, but a rotation and healthy competition should sort this out.
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Budish back on first line with Bjugstad and Rau. Haula centering Isackson and Condon on the second line. Boyd centering Marshall and Ambroz on the third. Serratore, Michaelson, Holl on fourth line.

D Pairings are Parenteau-Schmidt, Alt-Reilly, Skjei-Helgeson

Goaltender still TBD.
                      Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 11-02-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        Budish back on first line with Bjugstad and Rau. Haula centering Isackson and Condon on the second line. Boyd centering Marshall and Ambroz on the third. Serratore, Michaelson, Holl on fourth line.

D Pairings are Parenteau-Schmidt, Alt-Reilly, Skjei-Helgeson

Goaltender still TBD.
                        Love the 1st and 2nd line.

3rd and 4th ok

I'm just not big on playing D as forwards, maybe it will work though.

Comment

Wilcox in net.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                            Wilcox in net.
                            Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                              Love the 1st and 2nd line.

3rd and 4th ok

I'm just not big on playing D as forwards, maybe it will work though.
                              i agree with everything you said.

nice to have that first line back together. and excited to see condon get his chance to play along side someone like haula

dont like the D men at forwards either. and TWO of them? get r reilly in there on the 4th line..

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                                i agree with everything you said.

nice to have that first line back together. and excited to see condon get his chance to play along side someone like haula

dont like the D men at forwards either. and TWO of them? get r reilly in there on the 4th line..
                                Agreed, I would rather see R Reilly as a 4th line winger and let Holl play D or sit.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X