Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

    Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    So your argument is unsubstantiated. It's best it let it go and move on.
    Are you new here? We don't EVER do that around here.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      Whether or not Warning is in the line-up, I really hope Marshall is at D this weekend.
      Marshall will be on the 2nd line with Budish and Haula.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

      Comment


      • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

        Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Thinking about it.
        Quit thinking and just do it.

        Disappointed to hear about Marshall being at F this weekend. I was big time in the camp of moving him to F during the offseason, but after his first few games on the blueline this year I have quickly changed my tune. He didn't look bad at F, but he has much better tools as a D-man IMO.

        On the goalie situation: I will definitely agree that Wilcox has shown more to this point, albeit in a small sample size. I'd like to see Shibrowski get one more start. Preferably one where the D doesn't crap the bed in front of him like they did in Houghton. If he still looks shaky then by all means, hand the reigns to Wilcox and see if he can run with it. This isn't necessarily a "do or die" weekend per se, at least not this early in the season and I'd rather see Shibs start at home. I know conference games/points are important, but I'd like to see the goalie situation play out a little bit longer than 5 games and a couple exhibitions.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

        USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

        Everything is Hill's fault.....

        "Hakstol you hack!!!!"

        Comment


        • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

          Aaaaaaaaand I'm going to 'Kato for the Saturday game. Woohoo!
          the state of hockey is good

          Comment


          • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Aaaaaaaaand I'm going to 'Kato for the Saturday game. Woohoo!
            Doublebag your ****
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

            Best USCHO quotes to date:

            "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

            "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

            "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

            Comment


            • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

              Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Quit thinking and just do it.

              Disappointed to hear about Marshall being at F this weekend. I was big time in the camp of moving him to F during the offseason, but after his first few games on the blueline this year I have quickly changed my tune. He didn't look bad at F, but he has much better tools as a D-man IMO.

              On the goalie situation: I will definitely agree that Wilcox has shown more to this point, albeit in a small sample size. I'd like to see Shibrowski get one more start. Preferably one where the D doesn't crap the bed in front of him like they did in Houghton. If he still looks shaky then by all means, hand the reigns to Wilcox and see if he can run with it. This isn't necessarily a "do or die" weekend per se, at least not this early in the season and I'd rather see Shibs start at home. I know conference games/points are important, but I'd like to see the goalie situation play out a little bit longer than 5 games and a couple exhibitions.
              GreatLakerMohawk (who is currently writing for NBC) was wondering about our goalie situation. I told him that IMO (after the Houghton series) that I would expect Wilcox to be a 2:1 starter (2 games for Shibby's 1) by holiday break, at worst. Shibby seems "good enough" compared to Wilcox's "good." Not saying either one is the next Kangas Khan or whatever, but Wilcox has shown more so far.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

              Comment


              • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

                Almost gameday!
                AF 99

                M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

                Comment


                • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

                  *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/icon_dance.gif****** *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/GAMEDAYGOPHERS.gif****** *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/smiley-violent108.gif******

                  After a 4-1 start to the season, the Gophers have been below scoring expectations lately (avg. 2.2 GF in last 4 games inc. US under-18), causing more than a few of the Gopher faithful to wonder a’ la Denny Green, if the Gophers “Are who we thought they were”. The Gophers, the #2 ranked team in the nation, come into this home and home series with the Mavs coming off a 1-0 win over hapless Canisius hoping to improve on finding more twine and showing a consistent effort on defense, which has faltered at times early this season. Adam Wilcox has been outstanding in net making some brilliant semi-acrobatic saves in 4 GP this season (GA 1.13, SV% .934) and will most likely start this evening at Mariucci.

                  The last few years against the Gophers, the Minnesota State University Mavericks might be best summed up in a recent quote by MSUM alumnus "soh":

                  Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Mankato is tricky. They have the firepower to keep up with anyone. They don't always use it.
                  Coming off two very physical, but embarrassing losses to the St. Cloud Huskies, Mike Hastings hopes to tap into the firepower of returning top scorers from last season: Matt Leitner (F, So., 11-18-29); Jean-Paul Lafontaine (F, So., 13-15-28); Eriah Hayes (Sr., F, 13-11-24); Zach Lehrke (F, Jr., 13-10-23); Zach Palmquist (D, So., 6-13-19).

                  However, the Mavs also have their share of youth this season adding 5 Fs, 2 D and 1 G, including BCHL phenom Bryce Gervais, a former teammate of the Gopher’s Reilly brothers and Mario Lucia, who was 42-33-75 in 59 games for the Penticton Vees last season and shared 2011-12 scoring honors with Mario for the most goals in the BCHL.

                  Former Gopher asst. and first year coach Mike Hastings, the USHL’s all-time winningest coach, has historically integrated very gritty play in his championship teams of the past and this year promises to be no exception. The Purple Cows always seem to get high on playing the Gophers and I expect a very physical battle level this weekend. Goaltending has been a weak spot for the Mavs lately, and Phil Cook (Sr.) will need his best performance to date to stop a Gopher shooting gallery, who have outshot every opponent thus far.

                  Go Gophers!
                  Last edited by HarleyMC; 11-02-2012, 03:13 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                    The last few years against the Gophers, the Minnesota State University Mavericks might be best summed up in a recent quote by MSUM alumni "soh":
                    You are implying s o h is multiple people... I don't get it, is that a fat joke? Geez, I knew the in-house Gopher fan fighting started early this year but wow
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

                    Best USCHO quotes to date:

                    "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

                    "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

                    "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

                    Comment


                    • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      You are implying s o h is multiple people... I don't get it, is that a fat joke?
                      No and no, moron. But you...I haven't seen you (except for your lame HS photo), but YOU might be a fat joke.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        No and no, moron. But you...I haven't seen you (except for your lame HS photo), but YOU might be a fat joke.
                        I find it funny that you act really intellectual and use as big of words as possible yet don't know the difference between alumnus and alumni.

                        Nor can you spot governors of states that neighbor yours.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

                        Best USCHO quotes to date:

                        "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

                        "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

                        "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

                        Comment


                        • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          I find it funny that you act really intellectual and use as big of words as possible yet don't know the difference between alumnus and alumni.

                          Nor can you spot governors of states that neighbor yours.
                          Correcting typos and talking nonsense? Grow up.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

                            Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            Correcting typos and talking nonsense? Grow up.
                            Yeah... cause you don't correct people, you just tell them their logical fallacy.

                            Gophers sweep
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

                            Best USCHO quotes to date:

                            "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

                            "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

                            "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

                            Comment


                            • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

                              Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              GreatLakerMohawk (who is currently writing for NBC) was wondering about our goalie situation. I told him that IMO (after the Houghton series) that I would expect Wilcox to be a 2:1 starter (2 games for Shibby's 1) by holiday break, at worst. Shibby seems "good enough" compared to Wilcox's "good." Not saying either one is the next Kangas Khan or whatever, but Wilcox has shown more so far.
                              Fair assessment. I still say give Shibrowski this one at home. Then, like I said, if it isn't working you can hand it over to Wilcox and mix in Shibrowski if needed.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

                              USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

                              Everything is Hill's fault.....

                              "Hakstol you hack!!!!"

                              Comment


                              • Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

                                I like the way Lucia is playing it. I do see your point about starting Shibrowski at home, gopher wes, but you can also look at the other way, that Wilcox has played better and deserves to start tonight, and if he continues to do well probably tomorrow night as well. But if he should stumble some then the quest to find the main starter resumes.

                                P.S. If Wilcox does have an off-night - which I am not expecting but it could happen - then Lucia would not hesitate to play Shibrowski in the second game. He's a junior and if he is going to be the Gophers' main goalie he needs to perform both at home and away.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X