X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state of hockey
    replied
    Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

Aaaaaaaaand I'm going to 'Kato for the Saturday game. Woohoo!

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Thinking about it.
    Quit thinking and just do it.

Disappointed to hear about Marshall being at F this weekend. I was big time in the camp of moving him to F during the offseason, but after his first few games on the blueline this year I have quickly changed my tune. He didn't look bad at F, but he has much better tools as a D-man IMO.

On the goalie situation: I will definitely agree that Wilcox has shown more to this point, albeit in a small sample size. I'd like to see Shibrowski get one more start. Preferably one where the D doesn't crap the bed in front of him like they did in Houghton. If he still looks shaky then by all means, hand the reigns to Wilcox and see if he can run with it. This isn't necessarily a "do or die" weekend per se, at least not this early in the season and I'd rather see Shibs start at home. I know conference games/points are important, but I'd like to see the goalie situation play out a little bit longer than 5 games and a couple exhibitions.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Whether or not Warning is in the line-up, I really hope Marshall is at D this weekend.
    Marshall will be on the 2nd line with Budish and Haula.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    So your argument is unsubstantiated. It's best it let it go and move on.
    Are you new here? We don't EVER do that around here.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    You expect him to say publically he thought they were dirty hits?
    Yeah, not going to happen.
    Not the point at all. You stated in your previous remark that "I wouldn't be shocked if Hastings though [sic] they were dirty as well". He made absolutely NO comments whatsoever about any specific hits in the game, and his comments that I cited in my post indicate a greater propensity towards a more aggressive style of play. So most likely he's not as concerned as you suspected...that's the point.

It's unfortunate Hanowski got hurt. But in regards to whether hits can be judged as "dirty" or "intent to injure", it's very difficult to judge implicit motivations unless there is demonstratively clear, indisputable visual evidence of a player showing intent to injure. I'm not taking sides here, but from a quantitative perspective, have the refs nor anyone else produced valid evidence to substantiate the hits as "intent to injure"? So your argument is unsubstantiated. It's best it let it go and move on.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Stuff happens during the course of a game. There is a chance this big gorilla got frustrated and hit Hano a little less than clean because the Mavericks were getting butt-hammered so bad. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Whether or not Warning is in the line-up, I really hope Marshall is at D this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    I would. Keep in mind, Mike Hasting's pedigree and extraordinary success as a head coach was birthed in an USHL more aggressive style hockey. Moreover, nothing at all was said by Mike Hastings about any specific hits in his post game interview after the final game with SCSU, except this:

I suspect, the WCHA will see a slight upgrade in MSUM to a more aggressive style of hockey than in previous years thanks to Hastings head coaching style:

Plan on some potential bloodletting this weekend as the Purple Cows have not only been relentlessly physical against the Gophers in the past, but coming off back to back losses, they'll be especially primed to notch a W. This will not be an easy series for the Gophers...beware.
    You expect him to say publically he thought they were dirty hits?
    Yeah, not going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Three goals. Geez...
    Crap! Undersold again!

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Hastings though they were dirty as well.
    I would. Keep in mind, Mike Hasting's pedigree and extraordinary success as a head coach was birthed in an USHL more aggressive style hockey. Moreover, nothing at all was said by Mike Hastings about any specific hits in his post game interview after the final game with SCSU, except this:

"You know, people say hockey is a contact sport. It's not a contact sport, it's a collision sport..."
    I suspect, the WCHA will see a slight upgrade in MSUM to a more aggressive style of hockey than in previous years thanks to Hastings head coaching style:

"For me, I'm still learning about the team, and they're still learning about how things are going to be done, he said. Hastings said he wants the Mavericks to play an aggressive brand of hockey, both offensively and defensively, and much of Monday's practice seemed focused on that. We've got a long way to go to play that type of style," he said. "You have to be in elite shape, and we're not there yet. ... But I like the group; I like what I see."
    Plan on some potential bloodletting this weekend as the Purple Cows have not only been relentlessly physical against the Gophers in the past, but coming off back to back losses, they'll be especially primed to notch a W. This will not be an easy series for the Gophers...beware.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    After Minny scored two total goals against Canisius and a bunch of high schoolers? I predict a couple 1-1 ties.
    Three goals. Geez...

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    How is that not classy? After the cheap **** your team pulled I hope they get beat by 8 goals per night and get the snot pounded out of them physically.
    After Minny scored two total goals against Canisius and a bunch of high schoolers? I predict a couple 1-1 ties.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    You going down for the game on Saturday?
    Thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    I will have a talk with Don.
    Haha... Sounds good

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post