• Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

I see Wes is back to sandbagging.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Way to jump to conclusions there.
      I have not seen or heard one person say Gravel's hit was dirty.
      You want to claim sour grapes, fine, you can, but I have a feeling if it had been SCSU guys hitting your squad that way, you'd be saying the same thing I am.
      Again, I'm not saying your players are dirty, just that those two hits, on our two captains, were.
      Sorry, I'm just going to say right now that you are full of garbage. You are definitely saying that MSU is dirty, because well, that's exactly what you said. Just look at your unprovoked posts about MSU.

First...
      I'll be interested to see if the Mavs take runs at the Gophers if the games become blowouts like they did against SCSU.
      Burkamper likes to hit after the whistle, Hayes and Leitner seem to like the cheap shots.
      Hopefully Hastings can clean up that program.
      Followed by...
      Thought Gophers fans might like to know what kind of team they'll be facing.
      But hey, if you are ok with your squad being cheap shot artists rather than trying to win games, that's your perogative I guess.
      Then....
      Hard to play against is one thing, attempting to injure 2 captains because they are kicking your *** is something else.

If that's not saying our players are dirty, I don't know what is. Seriously, what kind of school is that bad at teaching logic, reasoning and reading comprehension?

Now, I'll be honest. The only people that I've heard saying these hits were dirty are SCSU fans. No offense, but I don't put a lot of weight behind that because your team was adversely affected in a very bad way (which I get, I'd be ****ed too). I give the same amount of weight to the MSU fans that said it wasn't even a major penalty because they are MSU fans and were affected adversely (albeit not nearldy as bad). The reality is that MSU isn't a dirty team anymore than any other team is....which is what you claimed as shown above.

My point with the Gravel hit is that you are claiming because of these 2 hits (that were apparently dirty due to the nature of the hit) I can make a claim that the fact that if the "type of 'hockey'" that MSU was allegedly playing was dirty, then logically Gravel's hit (in which he got kicked out because it was deemed to be by the refs), then SCSU must be a dirty hockey team that Motzko should needs to change. You know, just like Hastings needs to do. Either that, or you can just backpedal, admit that you were lashing out because your captain got hurt, and realize that it's part of the game. But that's just a suggestion based upon logic, not irrational anger.

/end snarky rant that's just meant to point out the inconsistency
      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
        Sorry, I'm just going to say right now that you are full of garbage. You are definitely saying that MSU is dirty, because well, that's exactly what you said. Just look at your unprovoked posts about MSU.

First...

Followed by...

Then....

If that's not saying our players are dirty, I don't know what is. Seriously, what kind of school is that bad at teaching logic, reasoning and reading comprehension?

Now, I'll be honest. The only people that I've heard saying these hits were dirty are SCSU fans. No offense, but I don't put a lot of weight behind that because your team was adversely affected in a very bad way (which I get, I'd be ****ed too). I give the same amount of weight to the MSU fans that said it wasn't even a major penalty because they are MSU fans and were affected adversely (albeit not nearldy as bad). The reality is that MSU isn't a dirty team anymore than any other team is....which is what you claimed as shown above.

My point with the Gravel hit is that you are claiming because of these 2 hits (that were apparently dirty due to the nature of the hit) I can make a claim that the fact that if the "type of 'hockey'" that MSU was allegedly playing was dirty, then logically Gravel's hit (in which he got kicked out because it was deemed to be by the refs), then SCSU must be a dirty hockey team that Motzko should needs to change. You know, just like Hastings needs to do. Either that, or you can just backpedal, admit that you were lashing out because your captain got hurt, and realize that it's part of the game. But that's just a suggestion based upon logic, not irrational anger.

/end snarky rant that's just meant to point out the inconsistency
        So you can be snarky, but I can't?
        Sorry buddy but I call it like I see it.
        My first comment was meant to get under some Mav fans skins, looks like it worked.
        My "cheap shot artist" comment was in direct response to MavHockey14 calling my statements on those hits as whining, so I responded with a snarky comment, seems you were unable to pick up on that.
        For the last time, Do I think your team is dirty? No I don't. Do I think a couple of your players made some dirty hits in games that were no longer competative and went after high profile players in doing so in a way that I feel is cheap and could be considered attempts to injure? Yes I do.
        Again, the fact that Hanowski is hurt has zero to do with me, or anyone else, calling those hits dirty.
        Case in point, LeBlanc isn't hurt, in fact didn't miss a shift after Leitner's hit, but the hit was still dirty, unnecessary and cheap.
        Gravel's hit is a 5 and a game misc by the rule, it has to be called that way if the ref is going to call a hit from behind so sorry it is in no way indicitive of the style of hockey he or SCSU plays and there is nothing about it Motzko needs to change, it's the way the rule is written, so that is a really poor example if you want to say that something SCSU did was "dirty"
        The ref had discretion in calling both your guys for 5's and was correct in doing so.
        Those two hits are not "part of the game" and "every team" does not do that when they are getting their asses kicked.
        Two of your players decided differently, and that is not indicitive of the rest of your team even if it does resemble a style your former coach seemed to favor, that is if you can't beat them, beat on them.
        Getting it yet?
        Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 10-30-2012, 08:00 PM.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

So maybe someone should threaten to take a baseball bat to some troll who comes into a thread that is not about a team they cheer for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Everything Rocco does is a good thing. Except for when he told the ladies to cover up their tatas. That was a bad thing.
            So blowing out your knee is a good thing? Look at how good Budish is! He did that good thing twice!

Comment

St, Clooud (the city and the team) suck. Terrible all around.

That being said, why the hell are we talking about games from last weekend that don't even involve MN, which is one of the two teams in this thread?

Typical SCSU "look at me look at me" crap.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wow...even when provided with evidence of what you said, you can't admit it. If nothing else, that's some pretty impressive conviction. You can go back and say you were "trying to get under people's skin" all you want, but it doesn't change what you said. If you want to continue denying it, go ahead. It just makes you look like you're even more irrationally angry. Get it?

I have never said those hits are "part of the game" or that "every team" plays dirty. Again, I don't think anything that was done was "dirty" per se. I'm just realistic enough to realize that sometimes ugly hits happen and people get injured. That's what "every team" does have happen. Yes, MSU does play a more physical style and that is going to lend ugly hits that people get injured on to happen more often. I will also freely admit that when frustration sets in that stupid and reckless play is more likely to happen in that general style. That's not condoning it or accepting it. I'm also willing to admit that my team makes dumb, reackless and stupid plays....just like every other team in the country. It's not sticking my head in the sand, it's the reality. That doesn't make any team dirty. It makes them reckles and emotional college kids.

Just for the record, this isn't a rant about SCSU. While I have a dislike for the SCSU hockey team (as should be expected from an MSU fan and visa versa), it isn't directed at them in particular. I feel this way about every team. I defended Aaron Marvin when he had his issues as I never thought he was dirty, just reckless for a period. I also thought it was time for Trevor Bruess to go as he couldn't get it through his head that he was being reckless and dumb with the way he was playing the game. I've only seen a couple of hits over the last 3-4 years that I legitimately thought were truly dirty hits that were fitting for that label.

Now, with that out there.....are you rooting for an MSU sweep, a UM sweep, a pair of ties, or the rash of flu to come over both teams so they don't have enough players to complete the games and not one gets points?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  St, Clooud (the city and the team) suck. Terrible all around.

That being said, why the hell are we talking about games from last weekend that don't even involve MN, which is one of the two teams in this thread?

It does involve the other team in this thread.
                  So if it doesn't involve MN it doesn't matter then?
                  Typical MN "arrogance" crap.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So if it doesn't involve MN it doesn't matter then?
                    You must be the smart SCSU fan.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Well played, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                        Well played, sir.
                        Go read Euro's post again, he gets it.
                        You clearly don't.
                        I guess I could say it a million times that the injury is not the reason I'm calling out those hits, you still won't get it.
                        but I'm the irrational one in your world even though you don't and can't know what I was thinking when I wrote the posts, still doesn't stop you from trying.
                        That's ok though.
                        I wonder what Hastings thinks of those hits...
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I'm gonna guess he thinks they were dumb plays that can't happen because they put your team in a very bad position.

EDIT: And yes, I get what Euro is saying. That's NOT what you were saying though and you got called out on it. Keep trying to "save face" on a random message board to people you likely will never meet though if it makes you feel better.
                          Last edited by Bale; 10-30-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Was this thread mis-named?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              Was this thread mis-named?
                              Yes....apparently St. Cloud's inferiorty complex caused them to need to come to this thread and whine about last weekend.

Comment

Marcia Marcia Marcia...

Comment

Working...
                                X