Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Minnesota State: Home and Home 11/2-11/3

Schmidt was awesome tonight. Difference-maker. Along with Wilcox, of course.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Dang good game. Msu pk is just awful. Improve that and we might have a team.
      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Nice win.

I thought Boyd played strong as well, would be nice to get him scoring some more. Our D was shaky at times but Kato wore out late in the 3rd it seemed.

Let's go get the sweep!
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Good win. Gritty. Keep it going tomorrow.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Definitely Rau's best game of the season, and same for Budish. Do you think it just MIGHT have something to do with them being re-united on the line with Bjugstad?

The player who I thought did NOT have a very good game was A.J.; I wonder if we might see Ryan Reilly playing on the 4th line tomorrow night?

Also, I think Adam Wilcox deserves a chance to start in Mankato tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see what Lucia does.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Per Russo, sounds like Wilcox will start in Mankato.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                Per Russo, sounds like Wilcox will start in Mankato.
                No surprise. The job is his until he screws up.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

*****http://static.neatorama.com/images/2010-07/keep-calm-sweep-the-leg.jpg******

Comment

Alt was hitting everything, playing like he needs to. Reilly wasn't. Haula playing both ends of the ice, he's an unsung hero. I missed the Rau hit at the end. No mention of it in the paper but Wally and Frank were railing about it after the game. New look with Hastings as coach. They put it all out there, hard fought game.
                    Last edited by ex_goldy; 11-03-2012, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Highlights from last night.

Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Definitely Rau's best game of the season, and same for Budish. Do you think it just MIGHT have something to do with them being re-united on the line with Bjugstad?

The player who I thought did NOT have a very good game was A.J.; I wonder if we might see Ryan Reilly playing on the 4th line tomorrow night?

Also, I think Adam Wilcox deserves a chance to start in Mankato tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see what Lucia does.
                        outside of michaelson whiffing on the wide open, front of the net one timer- i thought he was fine. much rather keep him on the 4th line than holl. IMO the 4th line every night should be serratore-michaelson-r reilly

i also think they should sit mike reilly tonight. he has not looked good in his own end

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                          outside of michaelson whiffing on the wide open, front of the net one timer- i thought he was fine. much rather keep him on the 4th line than holl. IMO the 4th line every night should be serratore-michaelson-r reilly

i also think they should sit mike reilly tonight. he has not looked good in his own end
                          Agreed. With a healthy Warning, I'd like to see...

Budish-Bjugstad-Rau
                          Condon-Haula-Warning
                          Isackson-Boyd-Ambroz
                          Reilly/Horn-Michaelson-Serratore

Schmidt-Peranteau
                          Alt-Marshall
                          Helgeson-Reilly/Skjei

Wilcox

I really think they need to put Alt back with Marshall. See if Alt's game improves. If it doesn't, try Holl there. I think Reilly and Skjei should get one night a piece until they adjust to the college game. Both have shown flashes, but have also made their share of freshman mistakes. Let them concentrate on one night until they make it hard to sit them.

Comment

yeah id like to see condon stay on the 2nd line when warning comes back. i think condon has the speed to play the off wing

isackson-boyd-ambroz wont score much.. but they are all good in the corners. that would be a tough 3rd line to play against

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                              yeah id like to see condon stay on the 2nd line when warning comes back. i think condon has the speed to play the off wing

isackson-boyd-ambroz wont score much.. but they are all good in the corners. that would be a tough 3rd line to play against
                              They could always move Warning down and Isackson up too if need be. Some options there.

Comment

I agree with much of the posts right above this one.

I'm hoping Marshall goes back to D tonight. Going forward, I really think the D should be:
                                Parenteau - Schmidt
                                Alt - Marshall
                                Helgeson - Reilly/Skjei

For the forwards, I'd like to see the top 2 lines stay as they were last night. I know a lot of people like what they see from Warning, but he really has done little for me. We all know Condon can play against the top line and top pairing from opposing teams. And maybe Warning would benefit from being paired against the bottom part of the opposition's line-up on a more regular basis.

I also think Holl has looked pretty decent on that 4th line. I don't mind seeing him there regularly.

Last night was an important win for MN. It was a game that very easily could have ended in a tie, or even a loss. And lost points in these types of series are the ones you go back to at the end of the season when counting up the missed opportunities for points that would move you up in the standings.

Gophers need to come out and complete the sweep tonight. My guess is that it's going to be another close game, so they better be ready to put the effort in that they showed in the 3rd last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X