Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ DU: A Mile Above the Rest

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    I will bet a six pack of minnesota beer against a six pack of colorado beer that SCSU finishes higher in the wcha standings.
    I'll take that bet. (And for the record, I am not saying this to speak ill of St. CLoud. I imagine both teams will prove very good, and host the first round. But I'll still take that bet.)
    Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    OOOOoooooo Grain Belt versus Coors. That is a lose/lose situation.

Also, these bets are only valid with rodent fans and payment is made a the Final Five at the tailgate.
    Some of the best beers anywhere are made in Colorado. Only a punkass would repay that bet with Coors.
    Last edited by duper; 11-04-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
      I'll take that bet. (And for the record, I am not saying this to speak ill of St. CLoud. I imagine both teams will prove very good, and host the first round. But I'll still take that bet.)
      Some of the best beers anywhere are made in Colorado. Only a punkass would repay that bet with Coors.
      I am from Wisconsin, the land of beer.

Still, payment is made at the Final Five.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Alright. I will put up some surly or fulton or another craft beer of your choice from MN against something from CO. I will have to do some research to find a beer from CO that I can't get out here.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
          I am from Wisconsin, the land of beer.

Still, payment is made at the Final Five.
          Nope. You got nothing on us where beer is concerned. Being famous for something don't mean you do it well. To prove that point, I give you Miller, Coors, and Budwiser...

Alright. I will put up some surly or fulton or another craft beer of your choice from MN against something from CO. I will have to do some research to find a beer from CO that I can't get out here.
          I don't know what you guys do and don't get in the midwest. Some of my favorites come from Left Hand and Odell's.
          Last edited by duper; 11-04-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I recommend Laughing Lab Scottish Ale from Bristol Brewing. Very tasty.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I recommend Laughing Lab Scottish Ale from Bristol Brewing. Very tasty.
              There's Brent to save the day. The man who knows both states.

Comment

There's Brent to save the day. The man who knows both states.
                CO > WI in selection of quality beer. But there is no way that CO drinks more beer than WI. Not even close.

And I would have suggested Avery Brewing, but it's starting to really pop up around here. MN has a LOT of CO beers in the metro area.

I'll make it easy for Tipsy:

CO Breweries List: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...es_in_Colorado
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

CO > WI in selection of quality beer. But there is no way that CO drinks more beer than WI. Not even close.
                  I don't doubt the volume of beer consumed for a second. Hell, if I had to live in Wisconsin, I'd drink a WHOLE lot more beer than I do.

Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  And I would have suggested Avery Brewing, but it's starting to really pop up around here. MN has a LOT of CO beers in the metro area.

I'll make it easy for Tipsy:

CO Breweries List: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...es_in_Colorado
                  I am tentatively planning to cruise out to MN for the final five.

Comment

I am tentatively planning to cruise out to MN for the final five.
                    Doooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

There are rumors of some easterners coming out for it, because it's the last one, and because the GPL Tailgate is the best around.

This year's F5 shall be beyond awesome for fun times.

Comment

• Re: SCSU @ DU: A Mile Above the Rest

Doooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

There are rumors of some easterners coming out for it, because it's the last one, and because the GPL Tailgate is the best around.

This year's F5 shall be beyond awesome for fun times.
                      It looks like tickets for us heathen who don't go every year don't go on sale until December. Does that sound right?

Comment

It looks like tickets for us heathen who don't go every year don't go on sale until December. Does that sound right?
                        Sure? I have never bought from the box office, I buy them from friends/off the street.

Comment

Sure? I have never bought from the box office, I buy them from friends/off the street.
                          Probably not a bad idea.

Comment

Probably not a bad idea.
                            The only game I heard that was ever really tough to get tix was that UND/MN title game, for obvious reasons.

Comment

For those who still think Dowd ran Brittain in game one, notice him getting shoved in the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtTnA-8NUzk

The goal starts at 1:47 but the best angle is at 2:35
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                For those who still think Dowd ran Brittain in game one, notice him getting shoved in the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtTnA-8NUzk

The goal starts at 1:47 but the best angle is at 2:35
                                How was your Denver experience? I'm curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X