Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

    Well, this is it folks. This is the last series that UAA and UND will ever play in the WCHA regular season. I know
    that many of you couldn't wait for this series to end but to be honest I'll be a little sad as I attended both schools
    and thus it was always fun to watch these two teams go at it despite the obvious mismatch in ranking and program
    stature.

    UND is now fully charged and looks poised to steamroll UAA in a hostile arena but something tells me UAA is
    not going to let themselves get walked all over like they did last Friday night. Hopefully the pups can bang in a
    couple greasy goals and walk away with at least a split, but of course I'm hoping for a sweep.

    Go Wolves!
    Last edited by Alaskana; 10-26-2012, 06:19 PM.

  • #2
    Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

    I'm sure the games will be far closer this weekend than last. UAA played awful last Friday, and while North Dakota will have a relatively full roster (Parks still out) I think UAA plays better. I wouldn't be surprised with a split, but North Dakota should sweep. If UAA plays like they did last Friday, it will be two blowouts. If UAA plays up to their potential, it will likely be two very tight games, probably decided by a goal.

    Zane Gothberg gets the start in net tonight for North Dakota. He is the first Thief River Falls goalie to start in net for North Dakota since this guy named Ralph Engelstad.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

      Go wolves!!!
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

        Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        Go wolves!!!
        Whioux are the wolves?
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

          Go SEAWOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

            Two absolute steamrollings. Rocco scores 23 goals.

            Sioux Sweep. Seakitties Weep.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

              Pure domination by the Sioux and I expect the same thing tomorrow night.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

                Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                Pure domination by the Sioux and I expect the same thing tomorrow night.
                North Dakota played very well. Kamal was outstanding as well, as the game could have easily been 6-1 or 7-1. That being said, UAA had stretches of the game where they played quite strong, including the last 2-3 minutes. Will that give the Seawolves a bit of momentum coming into the game tonight? We'll see, but it very well could. If UAA can play strong for a full 60 minutes and continue to get good goaltending out of Kamal, tonight's game could have a very different result. If North Dakota comes out and plays dominating hockey and gets solid goalie play, I don't see UND losing.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

                  Decent effort by the Seawolves last night, certainly better than last Friday night but unfortunately decent won't cut it at the Ralph. Kamal the Wall was great considering the onslaught he had to defend. Of course it was an all out excellent offensive and defensive effort by the UND last night as well. Big question for tonight is whether or not we'll see our forward lines change up. Also, will Gunderson get some ice time? I'd say that given last night that will be a hard decision as I think Kamal played as good as he could under the circumstances.

                  Anyways, it'll be another tough game at the Ralph tonight but I think the Seawolves have what it takes to win they'll just have to use it effectively.
                  Last edited by Alaskana; 10-27-2012, 02:14 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

                    The Seawolves gave a much better account of themselves last night but there's a few things I wasn't happy about. The first is the hardest thing to say. I've no doubt that Chris Crowell is a valuable captain; I'm sure his maturity and off-ice presence benefits the team in many ways. But he just isn't a capable D1 player. Even on the fourth line. Someone else could do a lot more with the ice time he had. A better skating player might give that fourth line the ability to make something happen. If Chris continues to play regularly then his biggest contribution might have to be helping take care of my 2nd concern below. He's big enough and strong enough to make a difference there.

                    Secondly, I thought overall that UAA stood up for themselves when UND engaged in goonery but it wasn't enough. When that Pattyn twat (he's 6'4"?) is blasting 5'9" Blake Tatchell into Kamal ... someone should have put a permanent stop to that. Allowing a cocky more talented team to run your goalie and put their gloves in your face all night isn't what a strongly bonded team should do. Clean their clocks when they start in with that. Some ********* also ran Sproule into Kamal ... put an end to that. Those sorts of offenses cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged especially in the third period when you are down by three goals.

                    Third, I really liked what I saw from freshman D Chris Williams. He was excellent all night and barring injury I think he should play the maximum number of games. He's got fluid feet and moves well for a big guy and his passing was sharp. His size was a factor in UAA's zone. Blake Tatchell continued to show the most potential of all the new guys. I saw some gritty play from all the freshman which was a good sign. Murphy had a passable game in his role and will probably do more as the season goes along.

                    Lastly,for the Seawolves to have more success they'll need to be more opportunistic and cash in those chances. Too many potential chances last night were thwarted by little puck handling mistakes. And on the power play .... find a way to gain the offensive zone on the rush please. Someone be the quarterback. You're not going to beat that team to the puck deep in their zone even if they are a man down. If you can't gain the zone don't dump it. Turn around.

                    Also ... some please tell UND's TV guy that it isn't the last year of the WCHA. It's just the last year his team will be in it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

                      Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post

                      Secondly, I thought overall that UAA stood up for themselves when UND engaged in goonery but it wasn't enough. When that Pattyn twat (he's 6'4"?) is blasting 5'9" Blake Tatchell into Kamal ... someone should have put a permanent stop to that. Allowing a cocky more talented team to run your goalie and put their gloves in your face all night isn't what a strongly bonded team should do. Clean their clocks when they start in with that. Some ********* also ran Sproule into Kamal ... put an end to that. Those sorts of offenses cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged especially in the third period when you are down by three goals.
                      .
                      WOW! Doh Kay!!! Looks like that Chicago air hasn't changed you one bit...
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

                        Originally posted by Goon View Post
                        WOW! Doh Kay!!! Looks like that Chicago air hasn't changed you one bit...
                        Did you expect anything different?
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

                        Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

                        Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                        Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

                          Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Did you expect anything different?
                          Nope and good luck to both teams tonight.
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

                            Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                            The Seawolves gave a much better account of themselves last night but there's a few things I wasn't happy about. The first is the hardest thing to say. I've no doubt that Chris Crowell is a valuable captain; I'm sure his maturity and off-ice presence benefits the team in many ways. But he just isn't a capable D1 player. Even on the fourth line. Someone else could do a lot more with the ice time he had. A better skating player might give that fourth line the ability to make something happen. If Chris continues to play regularly then his biggest contribution might have to be helping take care of my 2nd concern below. He's big enough and strong enough to make a difference there.

                            Secondly, I thought overall that UAA stood up for themselves when UND engaged in goonery but it wasn't enough. When that Pattyn twat (he's 6'4"?) is blasting 5'9" Blake Tatchell into Kamal ... someone should have put a permanent stop to that. Allowing a cocky more talented team to run your goalie and put their gloves in your face all night isn't what a strongly bonded team should do. Clean their clocks when they start in with that. Some ********* also ran Sproule into Kamal ... put an end to that. Those sorts of offenses cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged especially in the third period when you are down by three goals.

                            Third, I really liked what I saw from freshman D Chris Williams. He was excellent all night and barring injury I think he should play the maximum number of games. He's got fluid feet and moves well for a big guy and his passing was sharp. His size was a factor in UAA's zone. Blake Tatchell continued to show the most potential of all the new guys. I saw some gritty play from all the freshman which was a good sign. Murphy had a passable game in his role and will probably do more as the season goes along.

                            Lastly,for the Seawolves to have more success they'll need to be more opportunistic and cash in those chances. Too many potential chances last night were thwarted by little puck handling mistakes. And on the power play .... find a way to gain the offensive zone on the rush please. Someone be the quarterback. You're not going to beat that team to the puck deep in their zone even if they are a man down. If you can't gain the zone don't dump it. Turn around.

                            Also ... some please tell UND's TV guy that it isn't the last year of the WCHA. It's just the last year his team will be in it.
                            Good thing UAA has never resorted to goonery... despite their obvious lack of talent and heart.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: UAA Seawolves Vs. UND - The Final Battle

                              Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              Also ... some please tell UND's TV guy that it isn't the last year of the WCHA. It's just the last year his team will be in it.
                              Now that you're out of Anchorage, you should be able to realize that no one cares.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X