replied
    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

5 months

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    And I'm sure you went into Notre Dame's season thread to tell them how funny it was after they tied the US under 18 team as well.

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sDDgFanGKGY/TcezyitUoKI/AAAAAAAAcu4/vQBs7pWjfmo/s1600/obsession1.jpg******
    Funny. I thought Call It was a Gopher fan.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Originally posted by Call It View Post
    For some reason, I find it funny when a college team ties or loses to a high school team. It just doesn't make any sense.:roll eyes: It does however say big things about the USHL because the u18 team does not win championships in that league.
    And I'm sure you went into Notre Dame's season thread to tell them how funny it was after they tied the US under 18 team as well.

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sDDgFanGKGY/TcezyitUoKI/AAAAAAAAcu4/vQBs7pWjfmo/s1600/obsession1.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• Call It
    replied

For some reason, I find it funny when a college team ties or loses to a high school team. It just doesn't make any sense.:roll eyes: It does however say big things about the USHL because the u18 team does not win championships in that league.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Probably...they're all a bunch of a$Sholes...
    That are part of the #1 recruiting class. Can't forget that.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    I think we can all agree it was likely the Michigan recruit then.
    Probably...they're all a bunch of a$Sholes...

Leave a comment:

• HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
    replied

Here were the players on the ice for Bjugstad's goal...

Nic Kerdiles - Wisconsin (pretty sure Gopher fans would have been up in arms had this been the case)
    Tyler Kelleher - UNH (5'6, 154lbs)
    Evan Allen - Michigan (5'10, 195lbs)
    Connor Clifton - Quinnipiac (5'11, 171lbs)
    Clint Lewis - Undecided (6'2, 206lbs)
    I think we can all agree it was likely the Michigan recruit then.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Yeah he played tough, wonder what school (if any) he is going to?
    Demko's a stud. He stopped 3 of the 7 shots he faced when playing North Dakota. That's almost half!

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Maybe it was a "preppy eastern team" recruit then

The Gopher recruit (Letierri) scored one of the two goals and was assisted by a possible future Gopher (Hurley)
    Here were the players on the ice for Bjugstad's goal...

Nic Kerdiles - Wisconsin (pretty sure Gopher fans would have been up in arms had this been the case)
    Tyler Kelleher - UNH (5'6, 154lbs)
    Evan Allen - Michigan (5'10, 195lbs)
    Connor Clifton - Quinnipiac (5'11, 171lbs)
    Clint Lewis - Undecided (6'2, 206lbs)

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

The only UND recruit playing last night was Thompson, and he was not on the ice for Bjugstad's (or the other Gopher) goal.

Sounds like a Gopher recruit. Nice try though.
    Maybe it was a "preppy eastern team" recruit then

The Gopher recruit (Letierri) scored one of the two goals and was assisted by a possible future Gopher (Hurley)

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Yeah there was some big hits, but by in large it just had a different feel to it than a typical NCAA game. Yeah the Bjugs hit after he scored was funny, once Bjugs got up and showed him the business. I agree, must have been a UND recruit. lol.
    The only UND recruit playing last night was Thompson, and he was not on the ice for Bjugstad's (or the other Gopher) goal.

Sounds like a Gopher recruit. Nice try though.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    I thought this game was much more aggressive than either one with MTU. There were some monster hits thrown in this game too. I'll tell ya, that hit from behind on Budish was frickin' brutal and the nutcase that delivered it was Mike McCarron, a Mich. kid and Cornell recruit whose listed at 6'5" 227 lbs. That was vicious and reckless deserving of the GM and 5 min., AND the kid should be horsewhipped to boot...seriously. Deadly hit and Budish laid there for while and then finally got up and skated off.

Did you see the sick hit Schmidty delivered on the glass in the D zone in the 2nd period? They showed a replay of it. He could have been called for an elbow had the ref saw it, but that was one of the hardest velocity hits I've ever seen him land and it literally sent the USA player (didn't get his number) slamming with such velocity into the glass, I was surprised it didn't shatter.

The Helgy open ice slam reminded me of a hit I took exactly like that playing in the old version of the ECHL...there's no way you don't get up in Lala Land after a pop like that.

I thought it was funny after Bjugs scored and fell to his knees, a USA player nearby thought he'd take advantage of the opportunity and give him a hard cheap shot cross check in the middle of his back. Probably a UND recruit. Bjugs skated over and towered over the kid and he backed off.
    Yeah there was some big hits, but by in large it just had a different feel to it than a typical NCAA game. Yeah the Bjugs hit after he scored was funny, once Bjugs got up and showed him the business. I agree, must have been a UND recruit. lol.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Nice play. Hey did you make it to Berner Oberland?

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Don Lucia's reaction to the 2-2 tie with USA under-18:

“You can tell they played some college games. They tied Notre Dame, they tied us. I’m sure they’re probably a little more excited to play than we are in a situation like that, but for me, the most important thing was just to continue the evaluation process with some of our guys.”

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

It was like watching an all-star type game, hitting and defense were optional (minus a couple scrums and a Helgy pop). I wouldn't read anything into it, as long as the boys are all healthy come Sunday it's all good.
    I thought this game was much more aggressive than either one with MTU. There were some monster hits thrown in this game too. I'll tell ya, that hit from behind on Budish was frickin' brutal and the nutcase that delivered it was Mike McCarron, a Mich. kid and Cornell recruit whose listed at 6'5" 227 lbs. That was vicious and reckless deserving of the GM and 5 min., AND the kid should be horsewhipped to boot...seriously. Deadly hit and Budish laid there for while and then finally got up and skated off.

Did you see the sick hit Schmidty delivered on the glass in the D zone in the 2nd period? They showed a replay of it. He could have been called for an elbow had the ref saw it, but that was one of the hardest velocity hits I've ever seen him land and it literally sent the USA player (didn't get his number) slamming with such velocity into the glass, I was surprised it didn't shatter.

The Helgy open ice slam reminded me of a hit I took exactly like that playing in the old version of the ECHL...there's no way you don't get up in Lala Land after a pop like that.

I thought it was funny after Bjugs scored and fell to his knees, a USA player nearby thought he'd take advantage of the opportunity and give him a hard cheap shot cross check in the middle of his back. Probably a UND recruit. Bjugs skated over and towered over the kid and he backed off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X