Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Hey a Sioux fan! They can give us more info on Canisius. They've played them a lot.
    Beware the Wookie....
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

bjugstad should do whatever he wants out there on the ice with 17 year olds.

wonder who is going to play first line left wing with rau out. id guess they dont care to split the lines up given that it's an exhibition game.. maybe just slide in michaelson or horn or something..

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
        wonder who is going to play first line left wing with rau out. id guess they dont care to split the lines up given that it's an exhibition game.. maybe just slide in michaelson or horn or something..
        Won't much matter, the result will be the same. But it will be a good opportunity for the coaches to take a real good look at a half-dozen players who will want to prove that they belong on one of the top 3 units.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          Good idea scheduling a bye weekend after the gophers overachieved and won a game against Tech.
          So you're a nozzle on multiple fronts, uh? Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            It's nice to have depth this year, this will give a few others a chance to play this weekend.
            Good point and apparently the "others" will be carefully scrutinized by Lucia and co. to determine future ice time:

How do you get ‘up’ for a weekend like this after playing their first road series and first conference series? “There’s still a lot to play for. We’re going to play some guys that haven’t played on Friday night for awhile. They’re going to get their opportunity, and it’s a big opportunity for them because if they don’t show well, they might not get in.

Comment

Thinking sweep this weekend.
              Better dead than Red

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                Good point and apparently the "others" will be carefully scrutinized by Lucia and co. to determine future ice time:
                I hope we see Horn in the lineup.

I would still love to see a line of Condon Bjugs and Rau (when healthy) I think they would be very hard to play against. Isackson is decent but Condon with his speed would be sweet up on that line.

Comment

Originally posted by santropez View Post
                  i hope we see horn in the lineup.

I would still love to see a line of condon bjugs and rau (when healthy) i think they would be very hard to play against. Isackson is decent but condon with his speed would be sweet up on that line.
                  x2 on both points
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

i think that line combo would be great if rau was right handed. not a big fan of him playing the off wing. MAYBE condon on the off wing with his speed

if condon returns next year i would like to see him first line left wing with rau at center..

Comment

Looks like Canisius is hosting Air Force tonight.

Comment

“@chrismpeters: Just got word that suspended Wisconsin forward Nic Kerdiles will play with the U.S. Nat'l U18 Team this weekend vs. Minnesota & St. Thomas.”
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/banana.gif****** *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/GAMEDAYGOPHERS.gif****** *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/emoticon-tv-002.gif******

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          “@chrismpeters: Just got word that suspended Wisconsin forward Nic Kerdiles will play with the U.S. Nat'l U18 Team this weekend vs. Minnesota & St. Thomas.”
                          Nic is a good kid and an impact player. IMO it's sad to see he and his family handed a bad judicial decision by the NCAA...pathetic actually. I think he'll obviously be excited to get a chance to see ice time and add a lot of energy to a US under-18 squad that has already proven they can hang with good teams.

USA under-18 team

There's no doubt the US under-18 team will be coming into Mariucci excited and ready to battle, with wind in their sails from back to back wins as well: a W this week against the Indiana Ice (4-2 this season against USHL teams); and they beat a very good Oswego State (all Canadian) team last Sat., the NCAA DIII Championship runner up last season, who incidentally lost only 1 player out of their top 11 scorers from last season when they went 24-4-2.

The US under-18 has good size (tallest forward is 6'5"/227), and scoring power with Kelleher, Eiserman and Fasching. They've struggled on D though and in net with Miska (GAA: 3.97, SV%: .83) and Demko (GAA: 2.70, SV%: .88) sharing netminding duties, giving up early leads and having to play catch up too much this season.

Canisius Golden Griffins

Canisius (0-3-1) have struggled offensively only averaging 1 G/game, but has received good goaltending from Tony Capobianco (GAA: 1.97, SV%: .93). However, I don't expect Canisius to be able to stop the Gophers from getting pucks deep and burying several goals in a lopsided victory for the Gophers.

UM Golden Gophers

Out of the two games this weekend with the US under-18 and Canisius on Sunday, the game tonight will most likely be the more challenging contest. With the injection of players into the lineup to get some good looks at their skill level, it'll be important for the Golden Gophers to establish and preserve an early lead tonight against the US under-18. THE BIG SHIBROWSKI will get the start in goal tonight and Wilcox on Sunday afternoon.

Overall, the Golden Gophers come out of this weekend knowing more about their lineup with expected wins over both teams. Go Gophers!

Comment

Canisius does have 1 win up in Alaska over UAF, they look like they have solid D and goaltending in giving up only 1 goal twice 2 goals once and 3 goals to Western Michigan at Western. They will probably pack it in around the net and make the Gophers work for ugly goals, if they "run and gun" they are toast.

I would imagine the Under 18 game tonight will be more of a up and down the ice type game with great chances at both ends, they do have some very highly skilled players that can score. I hope we take them seriously, they dropped 4 goals on the Sue (or whatever they are) up in Grand Forks, but their young D will make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                              Canisius does have 1 win up in Alaska over UAF, they look like they have solid D and goaltending in giving up only 1 goal twice 2 goals once and 3 goals to Western Michigan at Western. They will probably pack it in around the net and make the Gophers work for ugly goals, if they "run and gun" they are toast.

I would imagine the Under 18 game tonight will be more of a up and down the ice type game with great chances at both ends, they do have some very highly skilled players that can score. I hope we take them seriously, they dropped 4 goals on the Sue (or whatever they are) up in Grand Forks, but their young D will make mistakes.
                              Yeah, I looked at the Sacred Heart numbers one down... MYYY BADDDD!!! Binos ready. Check.

Edit:

I wonder if the state of the art innervated video room at TCF might be able to enlarge the game screen on All Access ahhh...a lot? Please.
                              Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-26-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

U.S. hockey team's Fasching: Thrilled to play in front of future fans

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...175886561.html
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X