X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jk
    replied
    Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Some of you guys are seriously overestimating UND. They have played no very good teams, and only three games against decent teams (MN Sat., SC and SC) and are 1-1-1 in those games. The rest of their games have been against (with due respect to these teams, but they're not perennial powers):

- Merrimack X 2,
    - MN Fri. (the zombie extras from Night of the Living Dead, or the team that missed the bus to the game, you pick),
    - UAA x 2 and
    - Tech x 2

UND has no business being considered #2 in the country right now, and I won't be surprised if they come crashing to Earth in the next four weeks. They're the youngest team in the league and look it; had they played a tougher schedule, they'd be working to get to .500. They looked lost on the PP without Genoway, and until then had been relying on the PP to provide most of their offense. Some of us fear the experienced Pioneers are going to work UND over pretty well this weekend.

All that said, I like UND's chances to be a good team later in the year. When all those freshmen mature, they should be a typical second half UND squad.

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

No sandbaggin'.

We've never had a goalie with a saves percentage this low playing a team ranked this high.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

*****http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2981/flood20.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

If both Weircioch and Cheverie can't play this weekend, this could be one of the ugliest weekends in a long time at Magness. Without those guys, I can't see DU taking either game from the Sioux, even without Genoway in the lineup. UND is a better team in every area right now than Denver is, save goaltending (if Chevy plays well), which is the great equalizer. Otherwise, the Pios will be likely be roasted by the flashing red lights.

If Murray is forced to play both games and he plays the way he has to date (last place goalie in the NCAA saving only 83% of the shots he faces), the Sioux could easily hang 12-15 goals on the Pioneers this weekend.
    Last edited by Puck Swami; 11-17-2009, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

Just watched the Gwoz press conference. Nothing new about the injuries as he reiterated what Mike Chambers has in the newspaper.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Last week's BMT
    Part One
    Part Two

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Did they not have a BMT last week? I don't remember one.
    Neither do I...

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Any update on Genoway?
    I would be surprised if he made the trip. I believe it's a concussion and bruised sternum upper body injury.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Any update on Genoway?

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Did they not have a BMT last week? I don't remember one.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    He was a pretty convincing Winnie the Pooh on the Holloween episode...

"I like honey."
    So far that is the highlight of the year. Just like last year when Miller asked Jonesy if his mom had "Rage Blackouts" too, the Halloween episodes are absolutely awesome.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Hextall. The kid is hilarious.
    He was a pretty convincing Winnie the Pooh on the Holloween episode...

"I like honey."

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    That was pretty funny! Who was the other kid, besides Mario doing the interviews? Was that Hextal?
    Hextall. The kid is hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    That was pretty funny! Who was the other kid, besides Mario doing the interviews? Was that Hextal?
    Yes. He will soon be making small children, large children and Alanna Rizzo cry.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
    Actually, there's more than ten, but I'll give you ...
    The Top Ten Reasons why:

10. He's holding out for a big TV contract.
    9. Spending too much time admiring Brett Hextall and realized that nothing can compete with Brad Miller Time.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZtQFGipmFc
    8. Somebody put a banana on the blue line, he slipped and just walked off.
    7. Radio doesn't show off the total awesomeness of his wardrobe.
    6. Conflicted with Dancing With the Stars.
    5. Rehearsing for Dancing With the Stars.
    4. The 8-track cassette of Abba's "Dasher Dancing Queen"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REElUors1pQ wore out, and the show couldn't go on without it
    3. Radio station dumped him for rap music.
    2. Broadcast kept getting interrupted by Black Hole Warnings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90WTDnvYqpAover the radio station.
    1. Offended by vacuum sponsor, funnel sponsor, pacifier sponsor, kitchen strainer sponsor, and couldn't get replacements.

DU injury update from Mike Chambers. Add Matt Donovan to the walking wounded. He broke his finger against Minnesota State, played against UAA the following weekend and was held out of practice last week. He is probable for this weekend's series. Patrick Wiercioch has not practiced and his timetable is unknown. He is doubtful for the UND series. Chevy is listed as questionable as yesterday was the first day he put the pads on for some "light movement" with equipment. Even if Chevy is able to play, my guess is he would only play one of the games. It is time for Murray and the depth players to step up and perform, no excuses.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13803648

Leave a comment:

• Dmann
    replied

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    The Sioux road trip to Alaska was pretty funny stuff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPCkP...eature=related

Leave a comment:

Working...
X