• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Pio
    replied
    Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Sometimes a team that looks "lesser talented" toward the beginning of the season turns it on at the end and wins a title. Take the earlier example of the 03-04 Pios. This team may not have the Oshie or Parise or whoever, but it is still a darn good hockey team. They play their roles well and have four very good lines. Keep in mind that you also saw them without their best player. I wonder how this series would have turned out had Cheverie not been able to play?
    You would have won two laughers, probably. Imagine how well you would have done if DU just didn't play a goalie.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 11-22-2009, 12:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
    My talent comment comes from seeing much better UND teams in the last 10 years. You must admit that this team isn't even close in talent to many teams that UND has skated.
    Sometimes a team that looks "lesser talented" toward the beginning of the season turns it on at the end and wins a title. Take the earlier example of the 03-04 Pios. This team may not have the Oshie or Parise or whoever, but it is still a darn good hockey team. They play their roles well and have four very good lines. Keep in mind that you also saw them without their best player. I wonder how this series would have turned out had Cheverie not been able to play?

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    He's concerned about your mounting concussions. Please start wearing a helmet. You can borrow Dubbie's if you don't have one.
    Your quick wit can't be beaten dirty. Don't Hextall tonight bro.

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Ah, no love for Hextall. But you would love him if he was on your team.

I'm a little confused by your "UND does not have the talent" comment though. DU barely beat UND tonight with 11 PP chances and a disallowed goal. And they did it all without their best offensive and defensive player, who was sitting back home in GF. If UND doesn't have talent, then it's not saying much for DU that they could only manage to beat them by one goal each night.

We get it, we get it.
    UND = hacks
    DU = angels

If you can't admit that the reffing was even partially biased toward DU, there's not much we can do to help you.
    Brian, you know me and of course I look that the college hockey world through my crimson and gold glasses. However, I don't think the reffing decided this game. A couple of calls on DU were pretty weak as well.

My talent comment comes from seeing much better UND teams in the last 10 years. You must admit that this team isn't even close in talent to many teams that UND has skated. And Hextall is a hack, and that's it. Just a mouthy no-talent piece of schiste. I really wouldn't want him on my team, because he's stupid.

DU certainly equals Angels.
    UND cetainly equals hacks.

That's how I roll.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

OK. I'm in. DU won a one goal game in spring '04 over the Sioux and won the NC that year. There is precedent so give us the crown.
    What happened earlier in that 03-04 season? UND swept DU at Magness. And then DU won the NC.
    What happened this year? DU swept UND at Magness.

Hmmm.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Please start wearing a helmet. You can borrow Dubbie's if you don't have one.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pio
    replied

Tonight's game brought to you by No Stinkey, the official urinal cake of the Denver Pioneers.

I might be inclined to join this smack fest but I exhausted myself earlier today arguing with the puerile eskimos on the UAA thread.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 11-22-2009, 12:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    glad to know that's all you strive for
    It's just one weekend in a long season.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

A note to Dirty and Sioux fans that are fans of Brett Hextall. Very marginal D-I player, but D-I mouth. Unfortunately, UND does not have the talent to back up his stupid play.
    Ah, no love for Hextall. But you would love him if he was on your team.

I'm a little confused by your "UND does not have the talent" comment though. DU barely beat UND tonight with 11 PP chances and a disallowed goal. And they did it all without their best offensive and defensive player, who was sitting back home in GF. If UND doesn't have talent, then it's not saying much for DU that they could only manage to beat them by one goal each night.

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    I know what I'm talking about Dirty.
    We get it, we get it.
    UND = hacks
    DU = angels

If you can't admit that the reffing was even partially biased toward DU, there's not much we can do to help you.

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    Here also, no point. Hextall is the man though.
    A future ECHL star and Prpic wanna be that we'll just call Rocket.

Leave a comment:

• lord k
    replied

1. I have never heard Hak so ****ed on a post game interview. It was not a yelling like an idiot ****ed. He was calm but you could tell he was inches from commiting murder. He admitted UND took some bad penalties but did not deserve all of them.

2. Hextall this year has not produced offensively like he did last year and his frustration is starting to show.

3. The upper classmen need to bear down and finish! They can't score. I don't know what the problem is but right now they just can't finish. VV, Malone, Trupp, Zajac. These guys have to score on more of their chances.

4. UND's Freshmen are pretty dam good.

5. Boy do we need Genoway back in the lineup. You would like to think a team can come together and play harder when their star player goes down but UND is just sooo much more dynamic with him in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Mosts nights. What's you point?
    He's concerned about your mounting concussions. Please start wearing a helmet. You can borrow Dubbie's if you don't have one.

Leave a comment:

• omahasioux1
    replied

Here also, no point. Hextall is the man though.

Leave a comment:

• DenverGoldJersey
    replied

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
    DU won two one-goal games at home, guys, let's crown them right now!
    sounds like a plan

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    Hit your head on the floor lately?

Leave a comment:

• Sloe Gin
    replied

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Don't need a crown. Happy with the four points!
    glad to know that's all you strive for

Leave a comment:

Working...
X