Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Why would I owe you a beer again? It certainly isn't because you said so, because only I'm allowed to do that. You copy my "No Thread Starting" policy, I'm certainly not going to let you copy my "Because I Said So" policy.

If you stay at the Ideal Inn, you deserve to get AIDS.
    LOL, that's what I hear. You owe me a beer because of my "I'm the Man" policy. This policy trumps ALL of your policies and the Bible. So, I'll have a bucket of Coors Light, por favor.

Plus, MEg says so.
    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
    sigpic
    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      I took Ice Skating at UND while I was there and no hockey players were in the class...

Meth hotel...at least do your research 14ers. Have a XX and a tequila.
      Well, that would be good. Was there only the one section of the class you took?
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
        LOL, that's what I hear. You owe me a beer because of my "I'm the Man" policy. This policy trumps ALL of your policies and the Bible. So, I'll have a bucket of Coors Light, por favor.

Plus, MEg says so.
        I don't believe you. MEg would never condone beer drinking. You just want to feed your habit and I will have no part of it!
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          If you stay at the Ideal Inn, you deserve to get AIDS.
          Thanks. Thanks a lot. Why didn't anyone warn me ahead of time? I guess that's what I get for waiting to book a room until after we have landed in Minneapolis and are driving to GF.

I still think you should stay there Todd. It really gives you a good feeling of the culture of that part of the world.

Comment

Inside Hockey's Recap is up: http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5035

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
              Did you play D-1 hockey?
              he didn't, but I did. practice squad

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Yes, I did. intramural
              I personally hand selected him for our team one year. I believe we reached the semi-finals of the intramural championship...losing to a team that had a ton of ringers on it. We had one. Me.
              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I didn't get to see the games this weekend due to a sudden family obligation that forced me to travel back east.

I guess I need to go away more often.

While a four point sweep over Sioux is a rare and wonderful thing, it sure sounds as though the Pioneers benefitted from great goaltending by Chevy on Friday and some from unusual officiating on Saturday. I don't think I've ever heard of six penalty straight calls on one team -either UND didn't adjust to the tight officiating, or some of the calls had to be unwarranted, or a mixture of both.

Either way, 4 points is four points, but perhaps the second win feels a little more like a steal. I did see the you tube on the Sioux's waved off game tying goal, and I don't think there is much to complain about the call there.

UND is a different team with Genoway in the lineup, and I'm sure this adds more fire to the January games.

For the Pios, this series is likely to be a huge confidence boost as they get their key players back.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                  5. Boy do we need Genoway back in the lineup. You would like to think a team can come together and play harder when their star player goes down but UND is just sooo much more dynamic with him in the game.
                  The most important position in college hockey is a slick puck moving defenseman. If you get a great one they can play 35-40 minutes a game.

The trick on the power play isn't scoring the goal, its delivering a flat puck to the weak side player who has an good look at the net. They also open up the ice for everyone else.

Great defensemen are so rare in college hockey because most kids with excdeptional talent & skating ability play forward in youth hockey.
                  Last edited by dggoddard; 11-22-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    UND didn't adjust to the tight officiating
                    Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                      This series was ruined and marred by the refs.

No question DU won the Friday game but what transpired Saturday is a joke.

What happened this weekend is going to fuel the fire when Denver makes the trip to Grand Forks.
                      Exactly! DU fans on this board have been saying that Sioux fans are "classless", etc. Last night in the visiting team section there were 3 DU fans sitting down near the front of the upper level. Every goal that DU scored they would stand-up and turn around and flip us all off..and there were a ton of families in this section. 1 guy was making the "jack-off" motion as well and although I could care less I'm sure he must have seen the several small children just 2-3 rows behind him. As Sioux fans who were ****ed by the officiating, we were all BOOING the refs and upset by the bad calls but the DRUNK DU fans were adding fuel to the fire with their antics. The last straw was when the goal was disallowed. 2 of those DU fans stood-up again and started flipping all of us off..and then the popcorn started flying! Those guys crossed the line and a few families started throwing popcorn down at the DRUNK DU fans. The DU security came up the stairs and then the DU guys who started the entire thing fled the scene..as I'm sure they realized that they were surely going to pay for their actions after the game ended. What a mess! This is the type of bs that starts fights..and it was all started by the DU fans, not UND's as some Pioneer fans like to suggest.

The refs made a joke of what could have been a great game. UND came out buzzing and controlled the action for the entire 1st period. Then, the refs were sending UND players to the box for the rest of the game giving DU a power-play for what seemed the rest of the game. Some of the calls were waranted, but many were not..and there were a ton of missed calls on DU throughout the 2nd and 3rd periods. I have to give it to Gwoz, he has the refs in his pocket. He has a "chat" with the refs after the 1st period and suddenly his team is on the power-play for darn near the rest of the game. I hope the NCAA looks at this game and see's how poorly it was officiated!

I have always disliked Minnesota, but DU has become my most hated team and definitely my most hated fans...well, the few fans they have.
                      Wet-Dreams of College Hockey on the West Coast!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                        BTW you NoDaks, it looks like the CO14ers posse is coming to Grand Forks in late January. I'm just hoping we'll be safe and not have to fend off vicious attacks from green clad houligans.
                        I hope you and your family are treated with the same "respect" the UND families in section 6 were treated with last night.
                        Wet-Dreams of College Hockey on the West Coast!

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastSioux View Post
                          I hope you and your family are treated with the same "respect" the UND families in section 6 were treated with last night.
                          In the context of a bitter athletic rivalry "respect" is probably the first thing to go. The behavior you described by some DU fans was unacceptable and nobody defends it. However, instead of going to security, you say your guys started throwing popcorn (better that than skate keys), how is that better behavior?

Look, we have a problem in America (well, not just one) too many spectators think they're part of the action. And too many spectators think their value as human beings is wrapped up in how well their favorite team does. It's stupid. It's childish. But there you have it. And in this instance, there are plenty of knuckleheads to go around.

Speaking only for myself, I want DU to win, especially when they play the Sioux. But if the Pioneers are unsuccessful, I'm no less a wonderful, remarkable human being. We'll get 'em next time or next year. Being a lifelong Cubs fan has sorta made that my default position.

So let's just agree that stupid, boorish, alcohol fueled behavior is just that, regardless of what color sweater you're wearing. And let's resolve to try to control ourselves and remember it's only a game, and that whether a bunch of young dudes win or lose, it's no reflection on us.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                            I personally hand selected him for our team one year. I believe we reached the semi-finals of the intramural championship...losing to a team that had a ton of ringers on it. We had one. Me.
                            You were a ringer on our team?

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            Bingo.
                            From what I saw, the refs missed plenty of calls on DU during that 6 DU PP in a row string. I'm fine with the refs calling it tight...just do it both ways.
                            Did UND take some undisciplined penalties? For sure.
                            Was DU committing penalties during that same time? Absolutely.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastSioux View Post
                              Exactly! DU fans on this board have been saying that Sioux fans are "classless", etc. Last night in the visiting team section there were 3 DU fans sitting down near the front of the upper level. Every goal that DU scored they would stand-up and turn around and flip us all off..and there were a ton of families in this section. 1 guy was making the "jack-off" motion as well and although I could care less I'm sure he must have seen the several small children just 2-3 rows behind him. As Sioux fans who were ****ed by the officiating, we were all BOOING the refs and upset by the bad calls but the DRUNK DU fans were adding fuel to the fire with their antics. The last straw was when the goal was disallowed. 2 of those DU fans stood-up again and started flipping all of us off..and then the popcorn started flying! Those guys crossed the line and a few families started throwing popcorn down at the DRUNK DU fans. The DU security came up the stairs and then the DU guys who started the entire thing fled the scene..as I'm sure they realized that they were surely going to pay for their actions after the game ended. What a mess! This is the type of bs that starts fights..and it was all started by the DU fans, not UND's as some Pioneer fans like to suggest.

The refs made a joke of what could have been a great game. UND came out buzzing and controlled the action for the entire 1st period. Then, the refs were sending UND players to the box for the rest of the game giving DU a power-play for what seemed the rest of the game. Some of the calls were waranted, but many were not..and there were a ton of missed calls on DU throughout the 2nd and 3rd periods. I have to give it to Gwoz, he has the refs in his pocket. He has a "chat" with the refs after the 1st period and suddenly his team is on the power-play for darn near the rest of the game. I hope the NCAA looks at this game and see's how poorly it was officiated!

I have always disliked Minnesota, but DU has become my most hated team and definitely my most hated fans...well, the few fans they have.
                              They have one more than a few fans, which gives them a grand total of four.
                              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                                They have one more than a few fans, which gives them a grand total of four.
                                A CC fan making fun of another team's lack of fans is funny. Almost as funny as me defending DU.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X