North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

I didn't see the game, but it's obvious the Sioux are a bunch of crybabies who deserve everything they got, even though the refs are angels and called if fair and square.

Sincerely,

Redhaw---

I talked to a few non-interested fans who saw the game, and it appears the Sioux contingent have an argument.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      You know DU got about as many breaks as possible tonight and that's why you didn't bother to comment on the game. UND probably deserved to win tonight and did deserve at least a tie. This really isn't one of your better efforts.
      Yep. DG just can't bring himself to say that UND is pretty evenly matched when compared to DU.
      But he will be quick to throw out the baby crying videos.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

DU got lucky all weekend. No question. Could have lost both games easily.

We finally got lucky and did just enough to win.

Good luck to UND the rest of the way. The rivalry is really picking up steam. I'm glad DU finally has your undivided attention.

Comment

This was the worst officiated game in the history of hockey. Thank God it wasn't playoffs.

Comment

• Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The " March" 11/20-21

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            I'm normally not bitter after losses. Last night was tough to swallow, but understandable. But tonight? I have never seen a game taken out of a teams hands like that. That was just insane. As Brian said, hopefully DU will get a taste of that later in the season. And before you say good teams overcome that, UND scored a goal late, but the refs decided that a guy shuffling made a kickingo motion. Unreal.

Very bitter right now. I refuse to congratulate DU.
            It's pretty much your call about whether you want to congratulate DU or not, but in the end it really doesn't matter. And I would look to other Sioux posters about the disallowed goal. They saw the same thing almost everyone else did--it was kicked in.

UND's got some other business to tend to before worrying about the Pioneers.
            So I'd recommend sticking to that business and there's plenty enough time to worry about DU in January.

Good luck on that tribal vote, by the way. Let's end this thing the right way.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I knew you guys would be crying about the refs. Bottom line the Sioux took some really undisciplined penalties in the 2nd, Hextall (2), Blood 2 of 4 on the night and and Malone. DU took advantage of it and wore them down. You can cry all you want but they called a tighter game all night and DU stayed disciplined in the 2nd and 3rd. Stats don't lie UND is off the charts with P minutes and that is what cost you the game not the stripes.

UND played some tough hockey this weekend--totally out played us in the first tonight. Didn't have enough in the tank in the 3rd. I assume the disallowed goal was because it was kicked though I wasn't close enough to see. Chevy was saying NG right away and they obviously looked at it long enough to get it right.

See ya in January.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                It'll be the exact opposite come January.

But then again can't really call you Denver Nation since there is only what 20 total fans?
                30 fans now that we SWEPT North Dakota.

Pioneer Nation is growing. Be Afraid. Very Afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  DU got lucky all weekend. No question. Could have lost both games easily.

We finally got lucky and did just enough to win.

Good luck to UND the rest of the way. The rivalry is really picking up steam. I'm glad DU finally has your undivided attention.
                  I wouldn't call it luck by any means. They are certainly a talented team, no question. They took what the refs gave them, I sure hope that the Sioux would have as well had the roles been reversed.

DU certainly locked themselves in as the early favorite for the MacNaughton with that performance this weekend. They will be tough to knock off.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    I knew you guys would be crying about the refs.
                    When the officiating is that bad, you're darn right. DU does not need help from the refs, but tonight they got about as much as possible.

In his postgame interview Hakstol was clearly very unhappy about the officiating and he said the most I have ever heard about it. He usually doesn't say much of anything or says something like "Those are the kind of things you have to overcome to beat a good team like DU". He said nothing of the sort tonight. UND clearly got the short end of the stick tonight by a long shot.
                    Last edited by Dirty; 11-21-2009, 11:23 PM.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I know i make more money than George, and I'd love to kick his pathetic *****. I'll have our lawyers draw up th e contract write now just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                        I knew you guys would be crying about the refs.
                        What gave it away? The 11 DU PP's or the 6 in a row that the refs gave them in the 2nd?

Maybe both?

Face it, you would be saying the same things if DU had been called for all those penalties as well.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Yes. UAA fans. This game was a robbery though. It was horribly officiated. UND had the #1 PK in the nation before tonight.
                          Total agreement with you on that one. They smoked DU on Saturday night two weeks ago and are still whining about the officiating. Like DG says, many of their fans come to the games disguised as empty seats.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

From the score update thread, and I think this seals it:

Originally posted by dubbie31

Even I'll admit that Denver was helped....and I was LISTENING to the game as I am still at work waiting for people to leave as I need beer.

I still enjoyed it. No dasher dancing OR birds!!!
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes. UAA fans. This game was a robbery though. It was horribly officiated. UND had the #1 PK in the nation before tonight.
                              About half the calls were bad. But Hextall trying to pick a fight with a goalie for no reason for the 2nd night in a row is pretty moronic.
                              University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                              Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31

Even I'll admit that Denver was helped....and I was LISTENING to the game as I am still at work waiting for people to leave as I need beer.

I still enjoyed it. No dasher dancing OR birds!!!
                                ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qS7nqwGt4-I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qS7nqwGt4-I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

Comment

Working...
                                X