North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Where's the Swami One tonight? Must be past his bedtime.

Great win tonight! I was hoping for the spilt this weekend so I'm going into tomorrow night relaxed.

I wonder how many UND players will be jailed over night.
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      I wonder how many UND players will be jailed over night.
      I'm sure that Hakstol locks them in their hotel rooms at night during roadtrips to stop this very thing from happening.

Of course, a few weeks ago the team recorded an episode of BMT from their hotel rooms in Anchorage, but how much trouble can you really get into in Anchorage?
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

[QUOTE=CCtig;4476314]
        Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post

How about Cheverie with a 75% shutout average?

I'll answer your question. It is simple, he has not played against Colorado College yet. But your day is coming soon!!
        OMFG! It's the Tig! We must be within a couple of weeks of going against that miserable program down south.

How many goals did the boy wonder give up in the Springs tonight Tig? All against one guy? What's his name? Robert something?
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Are you talking about Rakhshani here, or Hextall?
          No, Rhetts from Iran just did a layover on the beach.
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Though after behavior of UND fans at tonight's game- rude gestures, obscene language, and threats to the student section, in front of small children- I'm rescinding my previous statement. The ladies with the big hair and green windbreakers are way nicer than the drunks, who took UND down another notch in my book.

Relax Francis! If you think fans were being rude, you haven't been to a game at a REAL college hockey arena (UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc., etc.) I didn't see many arguments, but I'm sure there were a few..there always is. Just look at it this way, if it weren't for UND fans attending the game the arena would have **** near been empty. I feel sorry for the Pio's. DU has a strong program yet the fans blow! The concourse is full of tables trying to sell DU jersey's, photo's, and other items and NOBODY buys anything! I told one of the guys tending a booth who was bored out of his mind waiting to make 1 sale for the night that DU would clean-up on sales if they sold UND items. He agreed.

As far as the game..it was a great game as expected. Chevy WAS the difference and without Chay, UND's PP looks horrible and he is the x-factor for the Sioux. Both teams are fast, but the play was sloppy and the ice was cruddy! Eids played well. I expect another great game from both teams tomorrow night. Also, ask anyone who has ever come to Colorado to play hockey and they'll all tell you that the elevation kills them the 1st night..but by the 2nd night they feel much better. I'm hoping this proves to be true for UND tomorrow and we get the split we need!

GO SIOUX!
            Wet-Dreams of College Hockey on the West Coast!

Comment

Seven WCHA arenas down, 3 to go (SCSU, UND, UAA.)

No shame in losing that one for UND. Ran into a battle of the titans and a hot goalie - it happens. Very entertaining for a 1-0 game too - lots of quality chances, especially from the Sioux.

The non-goal looked like the right call to me - I was behind the goal, had my eye fixed on the goal line, and didn't see a puck cross before the net was off.

The chopped turkey sammich was delicious, but expensive. Matter of fact, the whole experience was pricey - $12 to park?!
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Seven WCHA arenas down, 3 to go (SCSU, UND, UAA.)
                What? How have you never made it to those two, we bring groups there every time. And it shouldn't count unless you watched Tech play there. That is just my take on it, though.

I just have CC and DU left on my list. But it will soon be Buttmidji and Nebraska-Ohmaha.

Comment

Gwoz in post-game interview

Wiercioch may play on Saturday night, Salazar was a healthy scratch. Won't know if Patrick can play until after the noon skate. Only about half the team will participate in the noon skate due to exams. Various players have final exams at 10, 12 and 2 on Saturday. Patrick is chomping at the bit to play. If he does play he will limit his shifts.

What did he say to the refs between the 1st and 2nd periods? "Good job."

Though both goalies were outstanding and ours won.

Expects no letdown for the finale and the game should be as intense as tonight's.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Final exams on a Saturday? What kind of school gives final exams on a Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                      Finals are Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday this quarter and then a 6 week winter break. It will be hockey 24/7 for the boys beginning Tuesday until January 4th when the winter quarter begins. The boys will have plenty of preparation time to face the kitty kats in two weeks.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                        Also, what is everyone's thoughts on the DU non-goal? Because I thought it looked legit. (I hate admitting that as a Sioux fan btw)
                        I was sitting right behind the goal, saw the net come off before the puck crossed the goal line. However, with how long they were taking to replay it, I thought it was going to be reversed.

I've been to probably a dozen various games at Magness now. That's the loudest I've ever heard the building. DU's fans should come out more regularly.
                        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                          I was sitting right behind the goal, saw the net come off before the puck crossed the goal line. However, with how long they were taking to replay it, I thought it was going to be reversed.

I've been to probably a dozen various games at Magness now. That's the loudest I've ever heard the building. DU's fans should come out more regularly.
                          On TV they showed a number of video replays from various angles and it was impossible to tell if the puck went in before the net came off. In most of the replays the puck was not visible until it was well into the back of the net as it was coming off. Good call by the refs as they had no clear cut proof to overturn their non-goal call. The refs told Gwoz the puck disappeared under the goalies pad, which also happened to be in the net, but they couldn't tell if it crossed the lined before the net became unhinged.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                            A school that has actually won championships in the past 50+ years.

Comment

What a fun game to watch. I'm very mad I won't be able to go tonight. I also thought the call was correct after watching the replay on the TV in the concourse and again on TV when I got home. If it was called a goal on the ice then it should have stood as well. Just not enough evidence to overturn the call either way.

I also had fun with the Sioux fans who were all (at least the ones I ran into) good natured for a change. I did take some some crap from my fellow DU fans for drinking the pitcher of green beer that a Sioux fan was kind enough to buy me at the bar before the game.

Comment

Though after behavior of UND fans at tonight's game- rude gestures, obscene language, and threats to the student section, in front of small children- I'm rescinding my previous statement. The ladies with the big hair and green windbreakers are way nicer than the drunks, who took UND down another notch in my book.

Yeah, those Sioux fans were definitely getting chippy towards the student section. I probably saw five people get kicked out. There was also a fight in the concourse after the final horn. It was raucous!

At one point I heard someone say, "Com'mon guys, go easy on them.... they live in NORTH DAKOTA!!!"

hahahaha
                                Sioux is a girls name!

Comment

Working...
                                X