X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    If Zajac scored, his father wouldn't have let him come home for Christmas
    Zajac's dad turned in his DU sweater for a UND one long ago.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
      What is HoosierPioneer anyways? A cross between Bobby Knight and George Gwozdecky?
      Haha I'm a little too young to have seen the best of the General. I'm a bad Hoosier- I couldn't care less about basketball.

Though after behavior of UND fans at tonight's game- rude gestures, obscene language, and threats to the student section, in front of small children- I'm rescinding my previous statement. The ladies with the big hair and green windbreakers are way nicer than the drunks, who took UND down another notch in my book.

Solid game from both teams- as usual DU's transition was not so good, PK was great, UND punished small mistakes, Cheverie saved DU on those, both teams were fast as hell, and the refs were watching a completely different game (lots of missed calls both ways). It's crazy watching two teams that seem to be built so similarly.

How about Cheverie with a 75% shutout average? He said he was pretty tired and had 2 finals today, so maybe he'll be in even better shape tomorrow? One can hope
      University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
      Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Zajac's dad turned in his DU sweater for a UND one long ago.
        Tom (his dad) was a great Pioneer when I was there and a good friend. I know where the tenacity of the young Zajac boys comes from. Tom was a true team player who did whatever it took to win whether it be score a goal or put a big check on an opponent. He wasn't the fastest guy but he was one of the hardest players to knock off of his skates.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I must also congratulate the DU team on a well-deserved win. I thought the Sioux took too many penalties in the 2nd. I also thought DU had good goaltending, stickhandling, puck control, and they were good on their PK. The Sioux PP needs some work, it's not great without Chay. Thought the 3rd period gave the Sioux some good chances though.

I know that DU/UND is always full of fights, so that was kinda fun.

Also, what is everyone's thoughts on the DU non-goal? Because I thought it looked legit. (I hate admitting that as a Sioux fan btw)
          Application for Admission to the WCHA:
          http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
          Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
          Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
          Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
          All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
            Though after behavior of UND fans at tonight's game- rude gestures, obscene language, and threats to the student section, in front of small children- I'm rescinding my previous statement. The ladies with the big hair and green windbreakers are way nicer than the drunks, who took UND down another notch in my book.
            I'm glad I don't have that problem. Pioneer fans have always been a few notches below child molesters for me, so they can't drop any farther. Except Puck Swami. He's on par with child molesters.

DU's non-goal was correct to me because Ostrow interfered with Eids. I'm sure the refs had some idiotic reason why it wasn't a goal though because they were pretty poor tonight.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              I'm glad I don't have that problem. Pioneer fans have always been a few notches below child molesters for me, so they can't drop any farther. Except Puck Swami. He's on par with child molesters.

DU's non-goal was correct to me because Ostrow interfered with Eids. I'm sure the refs had some idiotic reason why it wasn't a goal though because they were pretty poor tonight.
              Just bums me out cause I had great rapport before tonight. Sorry you can't say the same.

At least we can agree the refs are terrible. Bokal especially was ridiculous tonight.
              Last edited by HoosierPioneer; 11-21-2009, 12:12 AM. Reason: Added more
              University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
              Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
                Sorry to hear that you had issues with some UND fans. Hate to hear that.
                I wonder if one of them was Sloe Gin?

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                Tom (his dad) was a great Pioneer when I was there and a good friend. I know where the tenacity of the young Zajac boys comes from. Tom was a true team player who did whatever it took to win whether it be score a goal or put a big check on an opponent. He wasn't the fastest guy but he was one of the hardest players to knock off of his skates.
                I wonder if DU pursued either Travis or Darcy?
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Gwoz in between 2nd and 3rd period gave the explanation that the refs gave him. They never saw it go across the goal line prior to the net dislodging because they think it was under the goalies pad even though the goalies pad was in the net. In essence none of the replays gave them enough evidence to overturn the no goal call they made on the ice.
                  Last edited by du78; 11-21-2009, 12:36 AM.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    I wonder if DU pursued either Travis or Darcy?
                    They may have but Salmon River had a pretty good pipeline going to UND there for a while. I know the 3rd son is at Union and the 4th is actually in the USHL not at Salmon River like his older three brothers. It is always fun to follow sons of people you know. With Travis in Jersey I get to see a lot of his games on local TV with Parise. I know Adrian Veideman played at Salmon River before he came to DU but I can't recall any others off of the top of my head.
                    Last edited by du78; 11-21-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                      IAlso, what is everyone's thoughts on the DU non-goal? Because I thought it looked legit. (I hate admitting that as a Sioux fan btw)
                      I'm not so sure that there was strong enough evidence to overturn the on-ice call. Even though I would have liked it to have been a DU goal....it was a tough call. The refs obviously took due diligence in their review, which was deserved in such a tight, hard-fought game.

Comment

Great game! A classic battle that truly lived up to the hype. Chevy was the difference. He was amazingly solid throughout. If Murrary had played it would of easily been a 3-1 or worse affair. It was as good as CH gets--so much emotion! Too bad the ice sucked so much--puck was bouncy and players were down all over the place.

I'm cool with the green hair, green beer drinking Dakotans. It's Brett Hextall I want a piece of. He's a pretty boy with an ugly mouth from the beach in Cali.

Check the photo of Hakstol on DG's site--funny!

Stickney told George he needed to wear cleats tomorrow night on the post-game. That had me cracking up.
                        Last edited by MagnessMan; 11-21-2009, 12:56 AM.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

[QUOTE=SiouxTechie;4476222]I must also congratulate the DU team on a well-deserved win. I thought the Sioux took too many penalties in the 2nd. I also thought DU had good goaltending, stickhandling, puck control, and they were good on their PK. The Sioux PP needs some work, it's not great without Chay. Thought the 3rd period gave the Sioux some good chances though.

I know that DU/UND is always full of fights, so that was kinda fun.

Also, what is everyone's thoughts on the DU non-goal? Because I thought it looked legit. (I hate admitting that as a Sioux fan btw)[/QUOTE]

The non-goal was nowhere NEAR being legit. First, the DU player interfered with Eids. That was crystal clear looking at the replay. Secondly, you couldn't even see the puck looking at the replay so it was impossible to tell if it crossed the goal line before the net was knocked off. And the angle I saw on TV was pretty inconclusive, so the call on the ice should have stood, as it did. If they would have allowed that I would have flipped s***.

Comment

We all know "interference" means nothing in this league. See: Murray vs. Vermont earlier this season, Mannino vs. Wisco in 2006-2007.

Sounds like there wasn't enough to overturn, which I'm ok with, but let's not give the refs too much credit here

DU Grilling Society

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                              It's Brett Hextall I want a piece of. He's a pretty boy with an ugly mouth from the beach in Cali.

Are you talking about Rakhshani here, or Hextall?

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

[QUOTE=HoosierPioneer;4476217]

How about Cheverie with a 75% shutout average?

I'll answer your question. It is simple, he has not played against Colorado College yet. But your day is coming soon!!
                                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Working...
                                X