Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    I hear ya Swammi. I'm thinking about parking my car in the handicapped spots with the flashers on so I can get the hell out of there quick.
    All of the parking spots at Magness are labeled handicapped....
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

As expected, Genoway didn't make the trip to DU.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=64405

I still expect to see both Cheverie and Wiercioch on the ice on Friday night. I think Gwoz is playing some head games.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Advantage, DU.
        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

News Flash, VarsityWisconsin
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That Genoway wasn't making the trip? Yes, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
              Advantage, DU.
              A lot depends on Cheverie and Wiercioch's injury situation.

If they don't play for Denver, big advantage UND.

Comment

That Genoway wasn't making the trip? Yes, of course.
                That it's advantage to DU Genoway isn't playing.
                Last edited by Dirty; 11-19-2009, 10:47 AM.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I wonder if this series is going to be viewable in Wisconsin. I'm going to check my listings tonight since I can't watch the UW series with it only being on Charter.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    The thought of a Magness half filled with Green-haired fat beer drinkers gloating as the light goes off repeatedly makes me ....
                    Sound like a good time, wish I was there.
                    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I wonder if this series is going to be viewable in Wisconsin. I'm going to check my listings tonight since I can't watch the UW series with it only being on Charter.
                      If you have a dish or a cable sports package, you should probably be able to get the Friday game on FSN Rocky Mountain or perhaps other FSN affiliates. Saturday, you would need to pay a fee to watch it on your computer through either Denver or UND's web sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        If you have a dish or a cable sports package, you should probably be able to get the Friday game on FSN Rocky Mountain or perhaps other FSN affiliates. Saturday, you would need to pay a fee to watch it on your computer through either Denver or UND's web sites.
                        DU provided a link for the last series in Denver. I don't think UND's web site will carry it unless the same thing happens for this series.
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                          DU provided a link for the last series in Denver. I don't think UND's web site will carry it unless the same thing happens for this series.
                          UND and DU both have the same web site company backbone for the athletic web sites (JumpTV). So DU and UND will both carry Saturday's game on their respective web sites. The links are up on both sites.

For the Friday game, you will need access to FSN-RM, which isn't too hard for most people in the US with cable or the dish.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            I think Chevy really wants to play, but whether the doctors and Gwoz think he's ready is another thing.

Considering, no Chevy and no Wierciorch Split would be good, very good, this weekend.
                            UND has been playing very well on Fridays, not nearly as well on Saturdays as a rule so far this year. We'll have to see if they really show for both nights this weekend.
                            sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

The DU injury saga continues........The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Per Mike Chambers in his blog in the Denver Post.

Senior defenseman Cody Brookwell is another question mark for third-ranked Denver, which hosts No. 2 North Dakota this weekend in the country’s premier series.

Brookwell, DU’s biggest defenseman at 6-foot-4 and 220-pounds, is sick. He hasn’t practiced this week (thru Wednesday) and is probably not going to play in Friday’s opener. That means the Pios will go with John Ryder, the third-year sophomore who is probably the team’s “meanest” D-man.
                              The big news, of course, is the status of junior goalie Marc Cheverie and sophomore defenseman Patrick Wiercioch. From what I gathered at Wednesday’s practice, Chevy is probable and Wiercioch questionable.

Chevy, who on Friday will be three weeks out from absorbing a deep gash from a skate blade to his left calf, told me he feels 100 percent and is good to go. He has been taking shots since Monday, and his practice time has increased daily, but has been “kicked off” the ice after about an hour.

DU coach George Gwozdecky said team doctors remain in control and will continue to monitor the wound after each practice. “Once they clear him to play, it will be in our hands,” Gwoz said. Translation: If the doctors clear him to play, he will play.
                              Wiercioch received a custom knee brace Tuesday and skated Wednesday without pads. He said his strained MCL in his left knee “felt better than I thought it would” while skating. I’ll try to update later if he practices today, but it appears DU doesn’t want to rush his return, given that the Pios need him just as bad in the next two weeks against St. Cloud State and CC.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

• Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but what's Chay's injury (I know he was cfb but...)? It's too bad btw - seems like a kid that plays hockey the right way.

Comment

Working...
                                X