X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Hextall. The kid is hilarious.
    He was a pretty convincing Winnie the Pooh on the Holloween episode...

"I like honey."
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      He was a pretty convincing Winnie the Pooh on the Holloween episode...

"I like honey."
      So far that is the highlight of the year. Just like last year when Miller asked Jonesy if his mom had "Rage Blackouts" too, the Halloween episodes are absolutely awesome.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Did they not have a BMT last week? I don't remember one.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Any update on Genoway?
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            Did they not have a BMT last week? I don't remember one.
            Neither do I...

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Any update on Genoway?
            I would be surprised if he made the trip. I believe it's a concussion and bruised sternum upper body injury.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Last week's BMT
              Part One
              Part Two
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Just watched the Gwoz press conference. Nothing new about the injuries as he reiterated what Mike Chambers has in the newspaper.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

If both Weircioch and Cheverie can't play this weekend, this could be one of the ugliest weekends in a long time at Magness. Without those guys, I can't see DU taking either game from the Sioux, even without Genoway in the lineup. UND is a better team in every area right now than Denver is, save goaltending (if Chevy plays well), which is the great equalizer. Otherwise, the Pios will be likely be roasted by the flashing red lights.

If Murray is forced to play both games and he plays the way he has to date (last place goalie in the NCAA saving only 83% of the shots he faces), the Sioux could easily hang 12-15 goals on the Pioneers this weekend.
                  Last edited by Puck Swami; 11-17-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

*****http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2981/flood20.jpg******
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

No sandbaggin'.

We've never had a goalie with a saves percentage this low playing a team ranked this high.

Comment

Some of you guys are seriously overestimating UND. They have played no very good teams, and only three games against decent teams (MN Sat., SC and SC) and are 1-1-1 in those games. The rest of their games have been against (with due respect to these teams, but they're not perennial powers):

- Merrimack X 2,
                        - MN Fri. (the zombie extras from Night of the Living Dead, or the team that missed the bus to the game, you pick),
                        - UAA x 2 and
                        - Tech x 2

UND has no business being considered #2 in the country right now, and I won't be surprised if they come crashing to Earth in the next four weeks. They're the youngest team in the league and look it; had they played a tougher schedule, they'd be working to get to .500. They looked lost on the PP without Genoway, and until then had been relying on the PP to provide most of their offense. Some of us fear the experienced Pioneers are going to work UND over pretty well this weekend.

All that said, I like UND's chances to be a good team later in the year. When all those freshmen mature, they should be a typical second half UND squad.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                          Some of you guys are seriously overestimating UND. They have played no very good teams, and only three games against decent teams (MN Sat., SC and SC) and are 1-1-1 in those games. The rest of their games have been against (with due respect to these teams, but they're not perennial powers):

- Merrimack X 2,
                          - MN Fri. (the zombie extras from Night of the Living Dead, or the team that missed the bus to the game, you pick),
                          - UAA x 2 and
                          - Tech x 2

UND has no business being considered #2 in the country right now, and I won't be surprised if they come crashing to Earth in the next four weeks. They're the youngest team in the league and look it; had they played a tougher schedule, they'd be working to get to .500. They looked lost on the PP without Genoway, and until then had been relying on the PP to provide most of their offense. Some of us fear the experienced Pioneers are going to work UND over pretty well this weekend.

All that said, I like UND's chances to be a good team later in the year. When all those freshmen mature, they should be a typical second half UND squad.
                          No offense, but this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. UND is the number 2 team in the country basically by default because they haven't faltered like the likes of Michigan, BU, and Notre Dame's out there have so far. They've lost 2 games -- where do you think they should be ranked? UND is NOT THAT YOUNG and we need to quit using that excuse. And we don't know what our record would be if we played a tougher schedule, your assuming we are going to get worked over by other ranked teams. I haven't been impressed by what I've seen out of Miami either. I don't fear getting worked over by DU. UND knows it's a big series and they are not going to be like Minnesota and not show up. It will be a competitive series with, or without Genoway, Cheverie, and Wiercioch.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                            UND is NOT THAT YOUNG and we need to quit using that excuse.
                            I'm not a fan of using that excuse, but UND is the youngest team in the WCHA going by class age.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                              UND is the number 2 team in the country basically by default because they haven't faltered like the likes of Michigan, BU, and Notre Dame's out there have so far.
                              Basically my point. They are number 2 by default, not (IMO) because they've proven it by beating good teams.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                I'm not a fan of using that excuse, but UND is the youngest team in the WCHA going by class age.
                                I just don't think we play that many more freshmen on a nightly basis than any other team in the league...so I don't think we're that young. Younger than some other teams, but not by as much as it's been made out to be this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X