Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    I suppose UND gets to play Denver with the crappy goalie, not the good one.
    Holy shoot a gopher fan whinning again about the sioux and there not even playing the gophers!!!

and happy und is not playing against those two black holes you call goalies!!!
    Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Urgh. I'm not expecting too much out of this series. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if DU swept. The Sioux played well on Sat night against SCSU, but they really were missing Genoway starting the rush from the defensive end and especially on the PP. One player doesn't make a team, but Genoway plays almost half the game and makes a big impact.

I'm hoping the rest of the d-corps can step up and prove me wrong.
      We also need some of our forward leaders to step up as well...VV, Gregoire, Trupp, etc have to lead this team. They've all shown flashes of great play this season, but they need to do that consistently.

I really liked the 2nd/3rd lines for UND on Sat:

9 Mario Lamoureux--11 Darcy Zajac--27 Carter Rowney
      19 Evan Trupp--22 Brad Malone--18 David Toews

All of those players seem to gel together nicely. Toews and Mario have really stepped up their play a level this season, and that's great to see.

I would expect Eidsness to start both games for the Sioux.
      It sounds like Cheverie and Wiercioch will be back for DU?
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
        In the red corner, from Grand Forks....Dave "The Bird" Hakstol

And in the blue corner, from Denver.....George "Board Dancer" Gwozdecky!!!
        it's "Dasher Dancer". You been watching too much footy lately?
        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Any news on Genoway for this coming weekend? No new news on Chevy or Wiercioch as they are both questionable for DU and likely will be game time decisions. Good chance that three of the best players in the country won't play in this series this weekend.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

The only formal word on Genoway is "out indefinitely," which has led people to speculate it's a serious concussion. If so, the team will have to adjust, but that's not the type of adjustment that takes place immediately. I would liken it to Bozak going down last year; best player and DU just didn't have anyone who could take the big faceoff. In this case, best player and UND doesn't have anyone to QB the PP. As Brian noted, he's just one player, but I think UND is going to struggle while they figure out how to play without him. Adding to the difficulty is DU, OSU, Miami, UMD and Wisconsin on the schedule.

Comment

Even if some of these great players are able to play this weekend, you have to wonder about effectiveness. Both teams will likely not be at their best.

I also think the home atmosphere of the series will be seriously affected by the fact that the DU students will be deep into final exams and won't be at the games at all. Friday's game, in particluar, will be totally dead from a student standpoint. It might be a tiny bit better on Saturday, when finals are finally over, but students do not have this game in their student ticket package, and I don't expect more than 50 of them to find their way in on Saturday -The tickets just aren't there.

I do expect about 1,000 Sioux fans in the building on both nights, 98% of them Denver area residents, many of them sitting where the DU students would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                Chevy is likely to be back by then. Denver's medical staff is working as hard as they can to get him ready. Everyone is afraid of Murray playing.
                I know I wouldn't be disappointed if Murray played.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Any news on Genoway for this coming weekend? No new news on Chevy or Wiercioch as they are both questionable for DU and likely will be game time decisions. Good chance that three of the best players in the country won't play in this series this weekend.
                  I would honestly be surprised if Genoway even made the trip to DU this weekend.

Maybe both teams will be healthier when they meet again in January?
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I bet both nights they pipe-in the live TV feed into the Colorado College Tigers' locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPioneerHockey View Post
                      I bet both nights they pipe-in the live TV feed into the Colorado College Tigers' locker room.
                      I think only Friday night's game is being televised, at least in Denver.

Comment

TV this weekend

Friday: FSN-Rocky Mountain and FCS Atlantic at 7:30 PM MT

Saturday: No TV but pay videocast on Pioneer Vision at www.denverpioneers.com
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                          Saturday: No TV
                          Boo.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            Boo.
                            roadtrip down here and come to the games with me, Brian.
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                              roadtrip down here and come to the games with me, Brian.
                              Sounds like a plan. I'll be there on Wed so that I can get acclimated to the elevation.

I hope it won't be awkward with the two of us and Quiz being there.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                Sounds like a plan. I'll be there on Wed so that I can get acclimated to the elevation.

I hope it won't be awkward with the two of us and Quiz being there.
                                I'm sure Team Baby Dino would appreciate a third member.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X