X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MagnessMan
    replied
    Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Great game! A classic battle that truly lived up to the hype. Chevy was the difference. He was amazingly solid throughout. If Murrary had played it would of easily been a 3-1 or worse affair. It was as good as CH gets--so much emotion! Too bad the ice sucked so much--puck was bouncy and players were down all over the place.

I'm cool with the green hair, green beer drinking Dakotans. It's Brett Hextall I want a piece of. He's a pretty boy with an ugly mouth from the beach in Cali.

Check the photo of Hakstol on DG's site--funny!

Stickney told George he needed to wear cleats tomorrow night on the post-game. That had me cracking up.
    Last edited by MagnessMan; 11-21-2009, 01:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    IAlso, what is everyone's thoughts on the DU non-goal? Because I thought it looked legit. (I hate admitting that as a Sioux fan btw)
    I'm not so sure that there was strong enough evidence to overturn the on-ice call. Even though I would have liked it to have been a DU goal....it was a tough call. The refs obviously took due diligence in their review, which was deserved in such a tight, hard-fought game.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    I wonder if DU pursued either Travis or Darcy?
    They may have but Salmon River had a pretty good pipeline going to UND there for a while. I know the 3rd son is at Union and the 4th is actually in the USHL not at Salmon River like his older three brothers. It is always fun to follow sons of people you know. With Travis in Jersey I get to see a lot of his games on local TV with Parise. I know Adrian Veideman played at Salmon River before he came to DU but I can't recall any others off of the top of my head.
    Last edited by du78; 11-21-2009, 01:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

Gwoz in between 2nd and 3rd period gave the explanation that the refs gave him. They never saw it go across the goal line prior to the net dislodging because they think it was under the goalies pad even though the goalies pad was in the net. In essence none of the replays gave them enough evidence to overturn the no goal call they made on the ice.
    Last edited by du78; 11-21-2009, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
    Though after behavior of UND fans at tonight's game- rude gestures, obscene language, and threats to the student section, in front of small children- I'm rescinding my previous statement. The ladies with the big hair and green windbreakers are way nicer than the drunks, who took UND down another notch in my book.
    Sorry to hear that you had issues with some UND fans. Hate to hear that.
    I wonder if one of them was Sloe Gin?

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Tom (his dad) was a great Pioneer when I was there and a good friend. I know where the tenacity of the young Zajac boys comes from. Tom was a true team player who did whatever it took to win whether it be score a goal or put a big check on an opponent. He wasn't the fastest guy but he was one of the hardest players to knock off of his skates.
    I wonder if DU pursued either Travis or Darcy?

Leave a comment:

• HoosierPioneer
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    I'm glad I don't have that problem. Pioneer fans have always been a few notches below child molesters for me, so they can't drop any farther. Except Puck Swami. He's on par with child molesters.

DU's non-goal was correct to me because Ostrow interfered with Eids. I'm sure the refs had some idiotic reason why it wasn't a goal though because they were pretty poor tonight.
    Just bums me out cause I had great rapport before tonight. Sorry you can't say the same.

At least we can agree the refs are terrible. Bokal especially was ridiculous tonight.
    Last edited by HoosierPioneer; 11-21-2009, 01:12 AM. Reason: Added more

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
    Though after behavior of UND fans at tonight's game- rude gestures, obscene language, and threats to the student section, in front of small children- I'm rescinding my previous statement. The ladies with the big hair and green windbreakers are way nicer than the drunks, who took UND down another notch in my book.
    I'm glad I don't have that problem. Pioneer fans have always been a few notches below child molesters for me, so they can't drop any farther. Except Puck Swami. He's on par with child molesters.

DU's non-goal was correct to me because Ostrow interfered with Eids. I'm sure the refs had some idiotic reason why it wasn't a goal though because they were pretty poor tonight.

Leave a comment:

• SiouxTechie
    replied

I must also congratulate the DU team on a well-deserved win. I thought the Sioux took too many penalties in the 2nd. I also thought DU had good goaltending, stickhandling, puck control, and they were good on their PK. The Sioux PP needs some work, it's not great without Chay. Thought the 3rd period gave the Sioux some good chances though.

I know that DU/UND is always full of fights, so that was kinda fun.

Also, what is everyone's thoughts on the DU non-goal? Because I thought it looked legit. (I hate admitting that as a Sioux fan btw)

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

Zajac's dad turned in his DU sweater for a UND one long ago.
    Tom (his dad) was a great Pioneer when I was there and a good friend. I know where the tenacity of the young Zajac boys comes from. Tom was a true team player who did whatever it took to win whether it be score a goal or put a big check on an opponent. He wasn't the fastest guy but he was one of the hardest players to knock off of his skates.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierPioneer
    replied

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
    What is HoosierPioneer anyways? A cross between Bobby Knight and George Gwozdecky?
    Haha I'm a little too young to have seen the best of the General. I'm a bad Hoosier- I couldn't care less about basketball.

Solid game from both teams- as usual DU's transition was not so good, PK was great, UND punished small mistakes, Cheverie saved DU on those, both teams were fast as hell, and the refs were watching a completely different game (lots of missed calls both ways). It's crazy watching two teams that seem to be built so similarly.

How about Cheverie with a 75% shutout average? He said he was pretty tired and had 2 finals today, so maybe he'll be in even better shape tomorrow? One can hope

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

If Zajac scored, his father wouldn't have let him come home for Christmas
    Zajac's dad turned in his DU sweater for a UND one long ago.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

True again this year? Please.

Yep. As du mentioned in the score thread, this game looked like the two best teams in the WCHA. It took awhile for UND to get going, but they certainly tested Cheverie in the 3rd. Zajac's chance with less than a minute to go...argh.

Hopefully the Sioux can rebound and actually score some goals tomorrow night.

UND Pipes - 2
    DU - 1
    UND - 0

If Zajac scored, his father wouldn't have let him come home for Christmas

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Last 3 meetings in Denver have resulted in splits
    True again this year? Please.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Congrats to DU on a good win. Pretty much the game I expected. A bad line change in the second on the pk, some scrambly play on the pp, and a couple of pipes were the difference. Gotta come out tomorrow and get the two points.
    Yep. As du mentioned in the score thread, this game looked like the two best teams in the WCHA. It took awhile for UND to get going, but they certainly tested Cheverie in the 3rd. Zajac's chance with less than a minute to go...argh.

Hopefully the Sioux can rebound and actually score some goals tomorrow night.

UND Pipes - 2
    DU - 1
    UND - 0

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Congrats to DU on a good win. Pretty much the game I expected. A bad line change in the second on the pk, some scrambly play on the pp, and a couple of pipes were the difference. Gotta come out tomorrow and get the two points.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

Cheverie is in. Didn't see that one coming.
    Although Wiercioch is out and Salazar is a healthy scratch.
    Chevy was much closer to being ready than Wiercioch as he practiced all week. Interesting that Salazar is out - flu maybe or Gwoz wanted to go with a bigger line-up. Brookwell (sick) is also out as Ryder took his spot. All three frosh d are in tonight paired with sophs and juniors.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X