• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omahasioux1
    replied
    Re: North Dakota @ Denver - The "Bird" vs The "March" 11/20-21

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
    Wow, what a great weekend of hockey with results I truly did not expect. I would have been happy with a split, but a sweep was great. Cheverie is certainly the difference maker in net for this team. It also a nice surprise to have Wiercoch on the ice tonight. Colbourne was awesome, per usual. And, the whole team came out to play this weekend. Even though down by two after the first tonight, the team didn't seem to be phased. Obviously, they battled back with a vengence and kicked ***.

A note to Dirty and Sioux fans that are fans of Brett Hextall. Very marginal D-I player, but D-I mouth. Unfortunately, UND does not have the talent to back up his stupid play. Although his dad was an NHL player, young Brett pretty much sucks. Perhaps, he may earn his fame eventually by changing his name to "ROCKET" as in this link instead of being a meaningful hockey player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Jt_g10Jug

Go Brett (most certainly a WCHA rodent), err, Rocket, Go, bro, go!

ARMAGEDDON!!!!!
    Hit your head on the floor lately?

Leave a comment:

• Sloe Gin
    replied

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
    DU won two one-goal games at home, guys, let's crown them right now!
    ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m_N1OjGhIFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m_N1OjGhIFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

OK. I'm in. DU won a one goal game in spring '04 over the Sioux and won the NC that year. There is precedent so give us the crown.

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

Don't need a crown. Happy with the four points!

Leave a comment:

• omahasioux1
    replied

MM, the Kool aid must be good.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Brett Hextall took two penalties and drew one tonight. His shove of Chevy was silly, but he is very good at his job. The universal dislike he receives from opposing fans just prove he's good at what he does. He is a pest who can score goals. He wasn't on the first line this weekend because of his mouth.

co14ers is talking smack, MagnessMan. You actually believe what you are saying. That is what is so funny.

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
    A note to Dirty and Sioux fans that are fans of Brett Hextall. Very marginal D-I player, but D-I mouth. Unfortunately, UND does not have the talent to back up his stupid play. Although his dad was an NHL player, young Brett pretty much sucks. Perhaps, he may earn his fame eventually by changing his name to "ROCKET" as in this link instead of being a meaningful hockey player.

ARMAGEDDON!!!!!
    Right on 14er!

Leave a comment:

• cg_siouxfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

Three Stars Tonight - I must say Kristo looked pretty impressive for UND tonight. Hextall reminds me of Sean Avery, a talented player who spends way too much time acting like an idiot and costing his team games. I don't mind players that have an edge but doing stupid things to put your team down gets old real fast. It doesn't take long for Avery to wear out his welcome on the NHL teams he has played for. I can see Hextall heading in that same direction unless the coaching staff puts an end to it and channels his energy into being more productive as a team player. Just my 2 cents. These two teams probably will meet for more than the two games in Grand Forks in January as I think they are the two best in the league. There will probably be some March and April games between these two.

First Star: Joe Colborne (Denver)
    Second Star: Kyle Ostrow (Denver)
    Third Star: Danny Kristo (North Dakota

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

And I'M a SIOUX fan. So you see, it's meant to be ironic....

Because Denver fans wouldn't have any reason to lie about bad officiating, so it was...a....joke....

It must really be bad in Gopherland
    Keep your day job.

And some DU fans think it was decent officiating.

Doesn't change my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

If Brett Hextall is a marginal DI player, there are about 500 guys currently playing DI who should just quit hockey.

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Perhaps you do for the average Denver fan, but when compared to just about any other fan base, you obviously don't.

UND was hosed tonight in the 2nd period.
    You guys suck. Denver Swept.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    We played with the same refs. Bad goals were equally distributed. I know you don't want to hear it but I'm going to say it anyway. Tonight was a more consistently called game then last night. Bottom line UND was undisciplined and I bet your coach will own that even if you wont.

Did you not read Hakstol's postgame comments in the score thread?

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

Wow, what a great weekend of hockey with results I truly did not expect. I would have been happy with a split, but a sweep was great. Cheverie is certainly the difference maker in net for this team. It also a nice surprise to have Wiercoch on the ice tonight. Colbourne was awesome, per usual. And, the whole team came out to play this weekend. Even though down by two after the first tonight, the team didn't seem to be phased. Obviously, they battled back with a vengence and kicked ***.

ARMAGEDDON!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    UND is so chippy and ticky tack and the refs clamped down on it tonight. Until tonight UND had given up 4 PP goals in 50+ chances. I know a little what I'm talking about Dirty.
    Perhaps you do for the average Denver fan, but when compared to just about any other fan base, you obviously don't.

UND was hosed tonight in the 2nd period.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X