Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWisco
    replied
    Originally posted by jwilli View Post
    Why are the Badgers wearing the road reds tonight?
    They try and do it really anytime they can. I personally love the red. Usually against non-conference opponents.

Leave a comment:

• jwilli
    replied
    Why are the Badgers wearing the road reds tonight?

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
    Planning ahead for next year's UW/Miami series, I heard at work hockey tickets are tough to get. Any suggestions how to secure 2 or 4 tickets for each game?? This series is closer than the 2 hour drive I completed from Little Chute to Madison when I had season tickets for 20 plus years. Need my Badger hockey fix!
    If you do the 8am dart for tickets it's usually possible to pick up reserved seats for any games you need. Otherwise, as fellowes noted, standing room only aren't a bad option.

Leave a comment:

• fellowes
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
    Planning ahead for next year's UW/Miami series, I heard at work hockey tickets are tough to get. Any suggestions how to secure 2 or 4 tickets for each game?? This series is closer than the 2 hour drive I completed from Little Chute to Madison when I had season tickets for 20 plus years. Need my Badger hockey fix!
    Not sure about your budget/seating preferences, but here are a few options:

-4 tickets together would be really tough, but there are almost always groups of 2 up on Stubhub, against UW though the prices may be a bit steep.

-There is an away section, those would be ideal if you could get your hands on any of those, maybe contact the alumni assoc.?

-General admission is always a possibility, if you claim a good area early the standing room really isn't too bad, especially in the corners where there is nothing blocking your view

Leave a comment:

• NEWI Badger Fan
    replied

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
    Your memory would be correct. There is no statue, but he was inducted into the Miami Athletic Hall of Fame this year I believe so his picture should be hanging up in Millett Hall (basketball). I was at Miami after his time and most everyone that I went to school with hated him for his less than stellar history off the field.
    Last edited by NEWI Badger Fan; 01-18-2013, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Wisconsin non-conference series' next season:

Home: Colorado College, Lake State, Michigan Tech, Alaska Anchorage, Northern Michigan (all x2)
    Road: Miami (x2), Boston College/Boston University (one night each)

At least that's what I have written down in my notes. Not 100% sure on the Tech and Anchorage ones but everything else is pretty much locked in.

Leave a comment:

• SweeneyHawksHockey
    replied

Your memory would be correct. There is no statue, but he was inducted into the Miami Athletic Hall of Fame this year I believe so his picture should be hanging up in Millett Hall (basketball). I was at Miami after his time and most everyone that I went to school with hated him for his less than stellar history off the field.

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf the Red
    replied

That is great to hear! First college hockey game my parents took me to was Wisconsin at St. Cloud State (my parents are from Wisconsin and we lived near St. Cloud). We moved to Ohio and I ended up going to Miami so it will be great to see Wisconsin down in Oxford.
    I haven't done a hockey road trip in a few years. Made it to Duluth and Denver a few years back, but Ohio isn't that far away to drive. Happy to see Wisconsin schedule Miami this season.

Is there a Ben Rothlesberger statue in Oxford? Memory tells me he went to Miami(OH).

Leave a comment:

• SweeneyHawksHockey
    replied

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    Almost certain that is happening next season. I might even consider making the trip depending upon when it falls in the season.
    That is great to hear! First college hockey game my parents took me to was Wisconsin at St. Cloud State (my parents are from Wisconsin and we lived near St. Cloud). We moved to Ohio and I ended up going to Miami so it will be great to see Wisconsin down in Oxford.
    Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf the Red
    replied

Really looking forward to watching the game tonight. Any chance Wisconsin comes down to Oxford in the next year or two to reciprocate for the games this weekend?
    Almost certain that is happening next season. I might even consider making the trip depending upon when it falls in the season.

Leave a comment:

• UWisco
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think UW is scheduled to visit Miami in the future.
    I believe next year if i'm not mistaken. With BC and BU also next year. I could be wrong.
    Chuck would probably know.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    I'll start with the PP first--You can't throw anyone out there because what hand you are plays a significant factor in the way the power-play is set up. Eaves first unit is (and has been for at least 3-4 years) right-hand dominant. Corner guy (Lee) has to be RH, half-boards guy (Zengerle) has to be RH, point man (Simonelli) has to be RH, weak-side D (McCabe) has to be LH. Guy out front (Mersch) should also be left-handed so when he pops out for shots being fed from Lee he's in a one-timer position.

I've seen a lot of complaints about Kerdiles not being on the top PP unit. That's fine, but you're going to need to overhaul what they're doing. He's not going to replace Mersch out front. Replacing him with McCabe doesn't make sense either. He's cerainly not taking Zengerle's spot. If you insert him into any of the RH roles it creates passing lane issues.

As to your question on flipping Mersch and Barnes--The reason why I don't like that is because Lee and Mersch have worked really well together, and why on earth would you break that up? At some point maybe you have to, but I'm not willing to make the change yet. I'd be more willing to let Zulinick play with Zengerle and Kerdiles and put Barnes with Woods and Meuer. We'll see...I have a feeling that Zengerle line is going to bust out soon, and when they do...look out.
    Thanks for the handing insights on the PP. I thought that would have something to do with it.

The Mersch/Barnes flip is a desperation idea to get Zengerlee and Kerdiles going. I'd love to see Zulinick with Kerdiles & Zengerlee when he comes back. Hopefully Eaves just doesn't dump him on the 4th line when the time comes. I just don't know if Zulinick has proven to be system responsible enough to land on the top line playing the top opponents' lines.

I think UW is scheduled to visit Miami in the future.

Leave a comment:

• SweeneyHawksHockey
    replied

Really looking forward to watching the game tonight. Any chance Wisconsin comes down to Oxford in the next year or two to reciprocate for the games this weekend?

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf the Red
    replied

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Dammit! Should've sent MCR Jr there. That's one negative MCR Jr had with MSOE; not enough hookers.
    Tell him to try 30th and Locust Street sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I wonder if maybe you flip Mersch for Barnes to try and get Zengerlee and Kerdiles going? I hope for, but can't imagine Little Dahl Little carrying the team for a real long time offensively. Those guys do have it rolling right now.

I wonder why Eaves' pp's have mixes of the top 2 lines on each. Why not just use Zengerlee's line as 1 unit and Lee's as another? Other than that there isn't much tweaking to do personnel-wise. Maybe Zulinick could have been a pp guy.
    I'll start with the PP first--You can't throw anyone out there because what hand you are plays a significant factor in the way the power-play is set up. Eaves first unit is (and has been for at least 3-4 years) right-hand dominant. Corner guy (Lee) has to be RH, half-boards guy (Zengerle) has to be RH, point man (Simonelli) has to be RH, weak-side D (McCabe) has to be LH. Guy out front (Mersch) should also be left-handed so when he pops out for shots being fed from Lee he's in a one-timer position.

I've seen a lot of complaints about Kerdiles not being on the top PP unit. That's fine, but you're going to need to overhaul what they're doing. He's not going to replace Mersch out front. Replacing him with McCabe doesn't make sense either. He's cerainly not taking Zengerle's spot. If you insert him into any of the RH roles it creates passing lane issues.

As to your question on flipping Mersch and Barnes--The reason why I don't like that is because Lee and Mersch have worked really well together, and why on earth would you break that up? At some point maybe you have to, but I'm not willing to make the change yet. I'd be more willing to let Zulinick play with Zengerle and Kerdiles and put Barnes with Woods and Meuer. We'll see...I have a feeling that Zengerle line is going to bust out soon, and when they do...look out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X