Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Nice sweep. Now, let's put asses in the Kohl center the rest of the year and make that place fun again! This pair of wins makes that Packer *** kickin' a little easier on me!!

Regarding next year; it sounds like the officiating was typical this weekend. Brain Posick mentioned that the officiating was "a reason" B10 teams wanted out. (Maybe he was pushing it a bit, maybe not.) Any idea where the officials are going to come from next year? I took a quick look at the B10 thread but didn't see anything. Has this been discussed?
    Considering they hired the CCHA officiating coordinator, I'd expect most of them to come from that league.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Yesterday's highlights:

I was waiting for a few more "Oh no!" 's from the other announcer. He probably couldn't handle another night.
      Last edited by icebadger; 01-13-2013, 09:17 AM.
      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

In the course of a little over a month, this team/season has gone from a near disaster to one that is actually relevant again. Two straight OT wins on the road for a conference sweep is almost inconceivable.

Hopefully this will translate to some bigger crowds at Kohl for the rest of the season.

Comment

Target was 16-6-4 in their final 26 games. 7-0-3 since that time.

Need to go 9-6-1 down the stretch to give themselves a chance.

9 games at the Kohl Center, 2 games at the Coliseum, 1 game at Soldier Field. Just four on the road (UNO, UND).

Comment

With NHL training camps opening up this weekend now that the lockout is over, I've updated where all the former Badgers are now playing.

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              With NHL training camps opening up this weekend now that the lockout is over, I've updated where all the former Badgers are now playing.

LINK
              Great spreadsheet Chuck. Thanks for all the info you provide here.

Comment

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
                Great spreadsheet Chuck. Thanks for all the info you provide here.
                Thanks TJ. If you guys want anything more than I'm providing, let me know and I'll be glad to try anything. Always open to suggestions.

Comment

Thanks TJ. If you guys want anything more than I'm providing, let me know and I'll be glad to try anything. Always open to suggestions.
                  I'll take this weeks winning lottery numbers.
                  If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Everyone remind me to kiss my daughter tonight for that Christmas wish.
                    I think she deserves ice cream the next time you visit the Kohl Center. She must have really given that wish her all. Heck, I'd even buy her the ice cream.

Excitement is back in the air!
                    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                    Originally posted by UWisco
                    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Chuck/Andy, any news on Wittchow? Also, when will they do a complete overhaul of the PP units. Nothing seems to be working with the current line combos. They will be needing those PP goals shortly when the level of competition increases. It is pretty amazing that they are on a 10 game unbeaten streak with this bad of a PP.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                        Chuck/Andy, any news on Wittchow? Also, when will they do a complete overhaul of the PP units. Nothing seems to be working with the current line combos. They will be needing those PP goals shortly when the level of competition increases. It is pretty amazing that they are on a 10 game unbeaten streak with this bad of a PP.
                        Nothing on Wittchow, I can check on that. Eaves says that Zulinick is still a few weeks away (if things go well).

Eaves was asked about the power play and noted that they're getting set up in the zone, and getting chances even though they're not scoring. As long as they're doing 2 of the 3 he won't change things. I don't understand it, but his words, not mine.

Comment

Eaves was asked about the power play and noted that they're getting set up in the zone, and getting chances even though they're not scoring. As long as they're doing 2 of the 3 he won't change things. I don't understand it, but his words, not mine.
                          Eaves also said in the Friday pregame on the radio, that the PP is performing well in practice. So he does just think it is a case of bad puck luck, and will turn itself around. Hope he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                            Eaves also said in the Friday pregame on the radio, that the PP is performing well in practice. So he does just think it is a case of bad puck luck, and will turn itself around. Hope he's right.
                            Well, they're something like 6 for 60 and like 53rd out of 59 teams in college hockey. They must have some pretty bad luck.

Comment

What's it going to take to get Kerdiles and Zengerlee to start scoring (they aren't even scoring on the pp)? Is Barnes not the answer on the other wing? UW's pretty lucky to be on this great streak without the top 2 offensive players lighting the lamp. Mersch has also been quiet (on the score sheet) since the break. I'm loving the streak, but the Mankato Miracle was just that.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Any thoughts on this streak when taking into account the impact of Butters leaving and Walsh replacing him?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X