Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Those things are right up there with the Packers 1937 throwbacks they wore in 1994.
    You're in the running for preposterous statement of the year already.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      You're an idiot. (JK, kind of) These are sharp as hell.

*****http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6206755/hockeycityclassicjersey_johnramage.0_standard_709. 0.jpg******
      I'm not a big fan of second jerseys/throwbacks, but I'd love to have one of these, maybe I'll ask for one for my birthday. I'd also like to get a gal's jersey too. I love the large flying W.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

You're an idiot. (JK, kind of) These are sharp as hell.

*****http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6206755/hockeycityclassicjersey_johnramage.0_standard_709. 0.jpg******
        My only beef is with the inconsistent striping on the elbows and waist. It gets redeemed a little bit if this is supposed to be a reference to a jersey we had in the first incarnation of the program, but even then I'm not a fan of inconsistency (see also: how our road jersey is no longer the inverse of the home jersey, like it used to be... notice how the sleeves of the road jerseys have changed in the last half decade or so). Other than that, it's fine. Certainly better than most of the alternates jerseys we end up with.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          With Kato and UAA the next 4 wcha games, they can keep their push going before a tougher stretch of games in the league. The way the D is playing, it's a good feeling to know you'll be in every game. Kato is only 3 pts ahead, a sweep is critical to increasing the odds of getting home ice. Kata is no pushover @ 14-6-2, but UW is at full strength now, and that's not debatable. Is full strength enough to get home is? We shall see.

I just saw the "classic" jersey for the game in IL and I like them.
          I like the jersey too! and...I'm a glutton for punishment maybe, despite my envisioning UW getting manhandled by the rats I'm going to the Soldier Field game!

re: full strength, is Zulinick back? I don't think I heard his name on the broadcast this weekend
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            re: full strength, is Zulinick back? I don't think I heard his name on the broadcast this weekend
            Zulinick is not back yet, and I don't anticipate him playing this weekend.

I think I might have mentioned it when the initial injury was diagnosed, but I had the same injury as Zulinick in high school. It's a really tricky injury and can be severely painful in nature. I remember it took me almost a month before I had full mobility in the leg and I had to go through rehab to get back on the ice. Hopefully he's back soon, as he's a weapon offensively that this club can use.

Comment

Zulinick is not back yet, and I don't anticipate him playing this weekend.

I think I might have mentioned it when the initial injury was diagnosed, but I had the same injury as Zulinick in high school. It's a really tricky injury and can be severely painful in nature. I remember it took me almost a month before I had full mobility in the leg and I had to go through rehab to get back on the ice. Hopefully he's back soon, as he's a weapon offensively that this club can use.
              thanks, hopefully he can be back for the Miami series
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Usually when you look at the schedule and see 11 home games, 6 road games and an outdoor to end the season, as a fan you feel pretty good about things. Could some of those games instead be played on the road? Flying to Alaska worked well the first time.
                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                Originally posted by UWisco
                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                  Usually when you look at the schedule and see 11 home games, 6 road games and an outdoor to end the season, as a fan you feel pretty good about things. Could some of those games instead be played on the road? Flying to Alaska worked well the first time.
                  UW is 2-0-2 since November at home, they are on fire. The schedule certainly plays in their favor in that regards. I'm reasonably excited, the goaltending has been fabulous over the streak, with a combined 1.25 gaa. Just when you thought Petersen was taking the position, Rumpel pushes right back. I've always hated goalie tandems, but with these guys you really can't argue it. Now UW needs Kerdiles and Zengerlee to find some chemistry to really get the foot on the throttle all the way.

Comment

I love the sweater your guys will be wearing. Very sharp. I love vintage sweaters. Too bad this Gopher's 1936-48 sweater is a home sweater because I think it would have complimented nicely (same style and same era) with the one Wisconsin will be wearing. The Gophers have said they will be wearing a special sweater as well. I'm curious which one they will choose.

@MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      UW is 2-0-2 since November at home, they are on fire. The schedule certainly plays in their favor in that regards. I'm reasonably excited, the goaltending has been fabulous over the streak, with a combined 1.25 gaa. Just when you thought Petersen was taking the position, Rumpel pushes right back. I've always hated goalie tandems, but with these guys you really can't argue it. Now UW needs Kerdiles and Zengerlee to find some chemistry to really get the foot on the throttle all the way.
                      Rumpel has been playing well, but a cardboard cutout would have gotten a shutout Saturday night. Should be a fun weekend against Kato.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                        Rumpel has been playing well, but a cardboard cutout would have gotten a shutout Saturday night. Should be a fun weekend against Kato.
                        Using that cutout would free up some scholarship money...
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                          Using that cutout would free up some scholarship money...
                          That's one way to offset the attendance issues.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                            I love the sweater your guys will be wearing. Very sharp. I love vintage sweaters. Too bad this Gopher's 1936-48 sweater is a home sweater because I think it would have complimented nicely (same style and same era) with the one Wisconsin will be wearing. The Gophers have said they will be wearing a special sweater as well. I'm curious which one they will choose.
                            Thanks for the compliment, but don't post pictures like this crap in our forum, the shock of seeing it and not expecting it has deposited my scrambled eggs all over the desk.

I give Rumpel credit, those low shot games are tough to play in.

Wisconsin Hockey: I'm hungry.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Thanks for the compliment, but don't post pictures like this crap in our forum, the shock of seeing it and not expecting it has deposited my scrambled eggs all over the desk.

I give Rumpel credit, those low shot games are tough to play in.

Wisconsin Hockey: I'm hungry.........
                              Sorry. Maybe I should have just posted a link
                              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                                Sorry. Maybe I should have just posted a link
                                See, you try to be nice and that happens. The only solution is more chirps, less compliments.

Comment

Working...
                                X