Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Donald is just trying to talk everyone into not watching so its not bogged down a much. I think its worth watching but everyone has their own tolerance level
    So, what you're saying is that we should have booze handy.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Free or not, if you can't really "watch" the game, what fun is that? Sounds like I'll not be watching.

FYI free hockey tonight....UW gals playing the Minnesota Whitecaps @ 7 in a free exhibition.
      Until this season it was definitely "watchable". As I stated, most fans who have watched the free broadcast have commented on how good it is. You are one of the few who doesn't feel that way. Maybe it's your computer, maybe not. But DD is right, this season it's been BAD. I'd rather you not even watch than watch and complain about it. You've been warned.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Until this season it was definitely "watchable". As I stated, most fans who have watched the free broadcast have commented on how good it is. You are one of the few who doesn't feel that way. Maybe it's your computer, maybe not. But DD is right, this season it's been BAD. I'd rather you not even watch than watch and complain about it. You've been warned.
        I'm going to watch it. I'm going to complain. You've been warned.

I don't think anyone has a problem paying 5 or 10 bucks a weekend to watch a series online. Wish schools (not just UAA) would invest in HD streams online for games.
        Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          I'm going to watch it. I'm going to complain. You've been warned.

I don't think anyone has a problem paying 5 or 10 bucks a weekend to watch a series online. Wish schools (not just UAA) would invest in HD streams online for games.
          You, sir, are a glutton for punishment.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Feed isn't awesome, but it's better than I was expecting from Donald's description.

Comment

Feed isn't awesome, but it's better than I was expecting from Donald's description.
              It hasn't started with the "buffering" ... so far this season that has begun around the middle of the 2nd period. It's always possible they rectified it but that would surprise me cos usually so few of the negatives surrounding this program ever seem to get addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                It hasn't started with the "buffering" ... so far this season that has begun around the middle of the 2nd period. It's always possible they rectified it but that would surprise me cos usually so few of the negatives surrounding this program ever seem to get addressed.
                Don't jinx it, brother.

Comment

Don't jinx it, brother.
                  Hey, I'm living in Chicago. This is the only way i get to see the games as well. So I have no interest in it no working. I'm just really frustrated this season as much as I was the last season Talafous was at the helm.

Comment

Hey, I'm living in Chicago. This is the only way i get to see the games as well. So I have no interest in it no working. I'm just really frustrated this season as much as I was the last season Talafous was at the helm.
                    Holy smokes, I didn't know it was THAT bad.

Comment

The feed has been quite good. I could comment about the camera work but a free feed is much better than I anticipated. I was really worried before those two quick goals in the third. At least some breathing room...

Edit: ****
                      Last edited by WisconsinWildcard; 01-05-2013, 12:12 AM.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Not the best played game, but they'll take the W.

Comment

I said Wisconsin had to go 16-6-4 down the stretch for a SHOT at an at-large bid. Since then, they've gone 4-0-3.

12-6-1 finish is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Donald is just trying to talk everyone into not watching so its not bogged down a much. I think its worth watching but everyone has their own tolerance level
                            Someone was totally sandbagging. The video was 400% percent better than my first experiece years ago. I didn't have any problems watching it, albeit I only watched the 2nd period (was at the movies during the 1st, too tired to stay up for the 3rd).

UAA and UW looked pretty even in the 2nd period. Both teams had some great chances get stoned by the tenders. I'm not going to complain at all about a 5 goal outburst, other than they didn't cash in on the 5 minute pp. UW is averaging 4.67 gpg over the last 3.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Hmph! I've been saying Shyiak has to go for several years now, and you are the one who has been defending him. I guess you are finally starting to see what many other UAA fans see. Shyiak was outcoached, again, last night. How many TV timeouts did Eaves use as a team time out, with his team huddled around the asst. coach, yet Shyiak did NOTHING?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Someone was totally sandbagging. The video was 400% percent better than my first experiece years ago. I didn't have any problems watching it, albeit I only watched the 2nd period (was at the movies during the 1st, too tired to stay up for the 3rd).
                                Nobody was sandbagging, it has been horrible this season. Maybe they have finally fixed it. I hope so!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X