Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'm hopefully things will kinda come together and the boys can get the scoring up a bit. Mersch, Lee, Zengerlee and Kerdiles are all averaging nearly a point a game. They averaged 2.25 gpg with a line-up that was constantly pieced together due to key players missing time. Goaltending is in great shape. Is home ice out of the question? 6 pts out with 2 games kinda at hand? I'd say no at this point.

Sounds like Zulinick's bruise is going to be a long term problem. He's played 7 games so far, what is the rule for how many games you can play before redshirting is not an option? At this point it, may be better to bank his talent for an extra year and take our lumps this year?

Happy and Blessed new year to all the Badger faithful.
    Redshirting is not an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I'm hopefully things will kinda come together and the boys can get the scoring up a bit. Mersch, Lee, Zengerlee and Kerdiles are all averaging nearly a point a game. They averaged 2.25 gpg with a line-up that was constantly pieced together due to key players missing time. Goaltending is in great shape. Is home ice out of the question? 6 pts out with 2 games kinda at hand? I'd say no at this point.

Sounds like Zulinick's bruise is going to be a long term problem. He's played 7 games so far, what is the rule for how many games you can play before redshirting is not an option? At this point it, may be better to bank his talent for an extra year and take our lumps this year?

Happy and Blessed new year to all the Badger faithful.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        /
        Originally posted by Almington View Post

Based on what I've read here recently, I'm going to say redshirting is not an option.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Well... I guess you have to get to 3 Rose Bowls in a row to be in a position to lose 3 Rose Bowls in a row.

My favorite part was where Musberger said something like Barry as an AD was a great ambassador and such a lover of all sports that he was always going to other UW sporting events. That was rich.

Okay, need at least 3 points out of this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Well... I guess you have to get to 3 Rose Bowls in a row to be in a position to lose 3 Rose Bowls in a row.

My favorite part was where Musberger said something like Barry as an AD was a great ambassador and such a lover of all sports that he was always going to other UW sporting events. That was rich.

Okay, need at least 3 points out of this weekend.
            Musberger looked practically dead. The 1st and 2nd losses I blame on the coaches (1st year offensive, 2nd year defensive), this year the team had shown time and time again they just didn't have the horses to get over the top (except the big whatever C game) of the tight games.

Okay, need 4 points out of this weekend - no more stinkin ties.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Looks like Mr. McCabe will be heading back to the UW with a lot of swagger.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                The 1st and 2nd losses I blame on the coaches (1st year offensive, 2nd year defensive), this year the team had shown time and time again they just didn't have the horses to get over the top (except the big whatever C game) of the tight games.

Both Canada's crapped their pants in the big game this week.
                Last edited by sweatpants; 01-04-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Enough about the Rose Bowl, it's a Badger hockey GAME DAY. There is no TV tonight, but there is a free webstream on the UAA website. Note tonight's game starting at 10PM.

My preview for the weekend if anyone cares: LINK

Wisconsin Hockey: It's a great day for hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Enough about the Rose Bowl, it's a Badger hockey GAME DAY. There is no TV tonight, but there is a free webstream on the UAA website. Note tonight's game starting at 10PM.

My preview for the weekend if anyone cares: LINK

Wisconsin Hockey: It's a great day for hockey
                    Very good preview. I am as hopeful as ever to see a sweep after reading.

I recall doing the UAA video feed a few years ago and the picture quality was black and white snowstorm rabbit ears terrible. Maybe a technology upgrade has made it to Alaska this year, I'll be checking it out.

Let's go RED!

Comment

Good to see Chase in the lineup this weekend. He was back in Mosinee for the break and skated with all of the youth players and signed autographs. Nice young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Very good preview. I am as hopeful as ever to see a sweep after reading.

I recall doing the UAA video feed a few years ago and the picture quality was black and white snowstorm rabbit ears terrible. Maybe a technology upgrade has made it to Alaska this year, I'll be checking it out.

Let's go RED!
                        Actually, you are one of the few fans who I've seen complain about the FREE feed from UAA. Most fans have mentioned how good it is. If you've had issues in the past, expect it to be worse this weekend. A lot of freezing and buffering from what I've seen this season.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The UAA feed this year has been really really really really really really really really bad. I'd recommend that Bucky fans just listen on the radio. It's a shame that your usual TV network didn't pony up a couple of grand to GCI and get the TV feed and rebroadcast it for you but honestly, stay away from the webstream cos it's really bad. It took nearly 4 hours the last couple of games because you'd see 15 seconds of hockey and then it would "Buffering" for 10 seconds. I'm in Chicago and the game didn't finish until 2am for me. So listen on the radio instead and get to bed early.

And also the stream really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            Actually, you are one of the few fans who I've seen complain about the FREE feed from UAA. Most fans have mentioned how good it is. If you've had issues in the past, expect it to be worse this weekend. A lot of freezing and buffering from what I've seen this season.
                            Free or not, if you can't really "watch" the game, what fun is that? Sounds like I'll not be watching.

FYI free hockey tonight....UW gals playing the Minnesota Whitecaps @ 7 in a free exhibition.

Comment

Donald is just trying to talk everyone into not watching so its not bogged down a much. I think its worth watching but everyone has their own tolerance level
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Come one boys we need a sweep this weekend. Here are my weekend predictions.

FRIDAY- UW 3 UAA 1
                                SATURDAY- UW 3 UAA 2
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                                X