Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Here's a little comparison on how Wisconsin has done with all that NHL talent. Records of the top four 'alumni in the NHL' schools (2003-20012) :

Team / Record / % / NCAA / Frozen Four / Conference Champs / Conference Tourney Champs

UM -- 276-121-27 -- .683 -- 10 -- 3 -- 4 -- 4

BC -- 269-105-37 -- .699 -- 9 -- 6 -- 9 -- 6

ND -- 269-126-38 -- .665 -- 9 -- 5 -- 2 -- 4

UW -- 213-163-49 -- .559 -- 5 -- 2 -- 0 -- 0
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Captain America: Jake McCabe to Wear "C" For Team USA

Congrats Jake, LINK

Comment

Here is an actual exchange that I had with my 8 year old daughter yesterday.

"Daddy, do you know what my Christmas wish is?"

I'm thinking to myself something about world peace or something emotional.

"What is your wish?"

"Daddy, I wish that the Wisconsin hockey team would play just a little bit better."

Thought you would enjoy that.

Happy Holidays.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Here is an actual exchange that I had with my 8 year old daughter yesterday.

"Daddy, do you know what my Christmas wish is?"

I'm thinking to myself something about world peace or something emotional.

"What is your wish?"

"Daddy, I wish that the Wisconsin hockey team would play just a little bit better."

Thought you would enjoy that.

Happy Holidays.
          Awesome. When your daughter turns 18, I'd like my then 24 yr old son to date her, assuming he's not hitched yet. Deal?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Awesome. When your daughter turns 18, I'd like my then 24 yr old son to date her, assuming he's not hitched yet. Deal?
            We can talk about that later. She doesn't have any interest in boys at this point. We'll see if the next 10 years change that.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

So this is what we've come to... Bucky really needs to win a few games.

In the mean time, I'm no expert, but for deals like this, isn't there supposed to be some sort of contract where someone gets a donkey and three cows or something?

/
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Sarasota newspaper>The Milwaukee Journal and to an extent the Wisconsin State Journal

I've been here a week now and it's the same as the past two years, the sports section of the Sarasota news shows all of the D-I hockey conference standings (apparently on once per week basis) and the last weekend of scores...pretty **** cool for a city that's nowhere near D-I hockey. The only reason I can think of is that they have the icebreaker in Estero and they want to increase awareness
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  So this is what we've come to... Bucky really needs to win a few games.

In the mean time, I'm no expert, but for deals like this, isn't there supposed to be some sort of contract where someone gets a donkey and three cows or something?

/
                  put a dollar on top of your t.v. set and leave there until season's end. we need to buy some goals ala PB and Bill Howard on Wisconsin Public TV

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    put a dollar on top of your t.v. set and leave there until season's end. we need to buy some goals ala PB and Bill Howard on Wisconsin Public TV
                    The problem is with these flat panels it's hard to get a dollar to stay on top the tv without it blocking the screen. Darned technology.

So I am kinda too lazy to look it up, did Kerdiles make the WJ team?

Comment

The problem is with these flat panels it's hard to get a dollar to stay on top the tv without it blocking the screen. Darned technology.

I've been out of the info loop for 10days, iirc Jack McCabe was the only UW player to make the team

Comment

I'm getting a flat panel soon as well...I'll have to get creative with the dollar on top, maybe tape it so it hangs over the back

Comment

McCabe with a goal today for USA to propel them into the medal round. Buckyhockey.com for USA updates.

Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 12-31-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

What will the Badgers bring to the rink the remainder of the season? Not what you HOPE will happen, what do you THINK will happen. I, for one, don't have a ****ing clue. I've seen most of the home games; I think maturity will help, but the Badgers have been this young in the past.

What say youz guyz?

(I remember those days when P.B. and Howie wanted us to lay money on top of the radio, or those rare times, on the T.V. I really used to do it!)
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              you may want to put about 10 bucks on the tv. I don't think one is enough.
                              If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                What will the Badgers bring to the rink the remainder of the season? Not what you HOPE will happen, what do you THINK will happen. I, for one, don't have a ****ing clue. I've seen most of the home games; I think maturity will help, but the Badgers have been this young in the past.

What say youz guyz?

(I remember those days when P.B. and Howie wanted us to lay money on top of the radio, or those rare times, on the T.V. I really used to do it!)
                                I'm hopefully things will kinda come together and the boys can get the scoring up a bit. Mersch, Lee, Zengerlee and Kerdiles are all averaging nearly a point a game. They averaged 2.25 gpg with a line-up that was constantly pieced together due to key players missing time. Goaltending is in great shape. Is home ice out of the question? 6 pts out with 2 games kinda at hand? I'd say no at this point.

Sounds like Zulinick's bruise is going to be a long term problem. He's played 7 games so far, what is the rule for how many games you can play before redshirting is not an option? At this point it, may be better to bank his talent for an extra year and take our lumps this year?

Happy and Blessed new year to all the Badger faithful.

Comment

Working...
                                X