Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    That's a good question.
    With 4000 less season ticket holders, interest in hockey, for whatever, is simply declining.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
      You really need to quit with the comparisons you keep using. It's really getting old for one thing. We all know these were exceptional players, but you have to look at the great teams these guys played on. Put Derek Lee between Zent and Schier, or between Ranheim and Tuttle, or put Mersch with Heatley and Reinprecht, or Granato and Houston. For cryin out loud even Hukalo looked like everything when he was with Heatley and Reinprecht. The guy wouldn't be more than a 3rd liner on THIS years team. Different times and different teams. Time to let it go.
      what are you talking about? ...those teams were great because the ENTIRE team(s) was/were loaded, Zent wasn't alone, etc. If you're attempting to make an argument about Derek Lee I don't buy it. he's had 4 years here, hasn't done much. Zengerle has played on the same terrible team's but he's done quite a bit.

Mersch is interesting. I find him to be much like Winchester. good, not great. however if he scores 25 goals this year (attainable) and then repeats it next year I'll stand corrected.

as for my comparisons, what do you want me to use? other teams players? I mean for eff's sake if your team is filled with lesser talent and you're evaluating to teams that WERE great in the past.. I mean, what you/we should stop comparing? gimme a break
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Mersch is one of the reasons why I don't buy into the argument that players don't develop under Eaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Mersch is one of the reasons why I don't buy into the argument that players don't develop under Eaves.
          Mersch, Woz, John Mitchell, all improved markedly under Eaves.

he definitely has a solid plan on the bigger, lankier players, or it's the system? either way they've improved under him

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

This game is in HD on FSN+. Suck it, FSC!
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
              Was there. There were about 5000 actual at the Kohl last night. Student section about a 1/4 of usual.
              I've seen this a lot on TV this season, part of it just might be the economy. I watched the Friday game and was shocked to see large sections of empty red seats. Almost as bad as watching UAA's ugly yellow seats. I feel your pain.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

congrats badgers, first win streak of the season.

Comment

I heard on the radio after the game that Alvarez is making the trip up to Anchorage to co-commentate with Posick. A bit different Barry than before.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                    I heard on the radio after the game that Alvarez is making the trip up to Anchorage to co-commentate with Posick. A bit different Barry than before.
                    Wait, what? Are you sure he wasn't talking about Barry Richter? I find it hard to believe just days after the Rose Bowl Alvarez is going to fly to Alaska to color commentate on the Badger hockey radio broadcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      Wait, what? Are you sure he wasn't talking about Barry Richter? I find it hard to believe just days after the Rose Bowl Alvarez is going to fly to Alaska to color commentate on the Badger hockey radio broadcast.
                      I thought I heard it right Posick was talking about the Rose Bowl when it came up. I could have heard it wrong though.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        I thought I heard it right Posick was talking about the Rose Bowl when it came up. I could have heard it wrong though.
                        It was Cerniglia who's going to Anchorage from Pasadena.

Barry? In ALASKA? Seriously?

ROTFLMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

ROTFLMFAO
                          LOL, I wish I had the video/sound of the audible laughter I had when I read that Alvarez was going to do color for UW hockey IN Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

ROTFLMFAO
                            Hey, UND has a play-by-play guy now (TV) who doesn't know what a one-tmer is. And he calls it all the time. Just about everything is a one-timer. Barry can at least do that. But then, I suppose he will call everything a nickel defense.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Mersch, Woz, John Mitchell, all improved markedly under Eaves.

he definitely has a solid plan on the bigger, lankier players, or it's the system? either way they've improved under him
                              3 out of 60 isn't a very good percentage. The developed guys are way out-weighed by the undeveloped guys. Someday I'd like to do a grand statistical chart on this. Maybe during the dog days of March and April before camping and fishing fires up.

Hopefully Kerdiles won't get any additional games off for the major.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                3 out of 60 isn't a very good percentage. The developed guys are way out-weighed by the undeveloped guys. Someday I'd like to do a grand statistical chart on this. Maybe during the dog days of March and April before camping and fishing fires up.

Hopefully Kerdiles won't get any additional games off for the major.
                                That is crazy if you really only think it is 3 forwards who developed under Eaves. Take a look at Blake Geof's stats over his time at UW. Recruits are like draft picks an educated gamble, some kids aren't going to pan out regardless of the coach or situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X