Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    which one was worse?
    Little's hit was more violent. Khaira's takedown looked more intentional, as in it wasn't a hit so much as it was a tackle.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Innova View Post
      Little's hit was more violent. Khaira's takedown looked more intentional, as in it wasn't a hit so much as it was a tackle.
      Imagine how much different the weekend results are if both are called majors...at least Wisconsin got a minor for Khaira's takedown.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Imagine how much different the weekend results are if both are called majors...at least Wisconsin got a minor for Khaira's takedown.
        If they call a major on Khaira, I don't think the game goes to OT, just my feeling. Though when your forward consistently shoot the puck into the goalie's chest, maybe not.
        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
        Originally posted by UWisco
        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
          Have a bad feeling tonight's crowd could be the lowest since Kohl opened. I think tomorrow will be over 10,000 being the only "weekend" game.

You know what would make things a little more fan-friendly? Not getting gouged to the tune of $15 in "service fees" for buying two tickets over the phone (adds 30% to the overall charge). Almost backed out, but promised a niece to take her the game. If it was just me, I would have just bought them off the street prior to the game.
          I think the buying online service fee was less (last year anyway), have you ever tried that? I like to print the tickets @ home and not have to work through the will-call line.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I think the buying online service fee was less (last year anyway), have you ever tried that? I like to print the tickets @ home and not have to work through the will-call line.
            Unless I was doing something wrong (which is very possible), when I tried ordering on-line, I had no control what section the tickets would be in (besides 100/200/300 level). With the ticket rep, I was pick the section, row and seat. My niece wants to be near the band/students/Phil so that seemed to be the only way to do it. Just seems when the athletic department is having some attendance issues with hockey, piling on service fees seems like backwards-thinking.

Comment

EDIT: Andy, I see you don't have video of Khaira's takedown either. I can post that tonight (hopefully w/o the wife's commentary
              Here is the Khaira facemask:

Comment

If you're gonna get two minutes, that's getting your money's worth!
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

You're the best.

...and wow...that's worse than I remember. How he didn't get suspended is beyond me.

Comment

Wow, the Kohl Center is EMPTY.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Wow, the Kohl Center is EMPTY.
                      looks terrible on tv but what can be expected? terrible team vs. terrible team with short history.

I think they could have sold tickets at $5 and it'd be 1/2 full
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

PB: You ever been to Huntsville?
                        RA: Nope.
                        PB: Me neither.

Way to go, guys.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

5 game unbeaten streak. It was nice to see S. Little put one away after the effort and chances he had last night.

Comment

I see Kerdiles got two. Is he as exciting a player as you all had expected?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              At this point from what I've seen he's been not so eye-popping, but he hasn't had but a couple weeks of practice and games with his linemates Zengerlee (was injured) and Barnes. His first goal last night as a tip as he slid through the slot and the 2nd was on a great 2 on 1 feed from Zengerlee that he almost either whiffed a bit or didn't shoot as hard as he should have cause the goalie almost got to the back post to stop it. It's safe to say we're all expecting more out of him.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                He sticks out on the ice due to his speed and doesn't avoid contact. He has some bad habits that will be fixed, but overall he is a wonderful addition to the team. He seems to have a great attitude; he handled the NCAA issue quite well. I can see him being at UW 2....3 years if lucky. The team is much different with him and a healthy Zeng, now only if Barnes can start to bury the puck.

Comment

Working...
                                X