Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by burd View Post
    I wonder if those of you who know him and his coaching better see any similarity between the way he coaches and the way he handled this hire.

Yes, he's a world class doosh-clown.

There are tons of stories about his arse-hattery around town.

The fact that no one is crying that he's gone should tell you all you need to know.

On another note, it is a great day for hockey. Beat the Yoopernerds!

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Not a great game tonight. The lack of skill is on full display, although the defense is doing their job reasonably well, not a lot of bad opportunities being given.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Not a great game tonight. The lack of skill is on full display, although the defense is doing their job reasonably well, not a lot of bad opportunities being given.
        man I was just going to post a similar note. this UW team just has no-one that can score. not to belabor the point from last year but it's because they don't have the horses up front. scary thing is there's no turnaround in the near future. having 3 lines that can really skate and create opportunities is going to take some years of recruiting and the entirety of the junior and sophmore class will need to be replaced with kids with far superior talent
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Wisconsin lost zero players up front (except Clark but he was useless last year). Barnes, Labate, Woods have been for the lack of a better word invisible this season. I just can't explain it.

Comment

a classic case of UW's problem just occurred. Jefferson Dahl skates into the zone with 1 trailer 2 steps back and to his left and another UW player breaking in further left, instead of being patient and smart and looking for a play he just takes a blast from 45 feet out and misses the net...good effing grief

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Ugh

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Barnes finally with a tally! Good hard work to get it.

Stand up, old people.

Comment

Tie that feels like a loss.

Comment

it's going to be a very long tough year. next year will be exactly like this one as only 3 players are added.

UW Hockey - Sending out an S.O.S

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      it's going to be a very long tough year. next year will be exactly like this one as only 3 players are added.

UW Hockey - Sending out an S.O.S
                      You can't completely ignore the progress made from year to year in development.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        true but which players are you referring to who've improved from last year to this? Barnes, LaBate, Navin and Lee all the same if not back 1-2 steps. Dahl, Little, Meuer, Little...I don't know. Faust, Simonelli are about the same.

the improvements I see are Rumpel, Peterson and McCabe.

still that's nowhere near enough to get past Michigan or Minnesota next year

EDIT - I'm sure you're talking about progress in the current players from this year to next but I'd argue that it would be Kerdiles, Schulze, Witthow (sp?), Zulinick that have a ceiling to reach. maybe I'm pessimistic but the rest have plateaued IMO
                        Last edited by solovsfett; 12-07-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Everyone's optimism going into this year was based on the guys progressing. With all the injuries guys had lots of chances to progress/step up. Other than Mersch, no one is progressing this year, what make one think the non-progressors will progress next year? Under Eaves, guys who arrive as scorers leave as scorers and guys who arrrive as non-scorers leave as non-scorers. Whose the last guy Eaves brought in who pleasantly surprised us with their progression? How many guys have we sat here and typed about discussing where their scoring ability has gone or why haven't they progressed?

I had high expectations for the 1st line and they pretty much were non-existent, other than a few flurries. Maybe it will take time to develop chemistry, but time is running out.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The frustrating part for me is that I think that the lineup that Wisconsin put forth tonight has a legitimate top six. Do they have a national championship lineup? No, but their top 6 is as good as any in the league. I'm not sure what the problem is right now. Is it game plan? Is it coaching? The talent up front doesn't match the output.

Comment

The frustrating part for me is that I think that the lineup that Wisconsin put forth tonight has a legitimate top six. Do they have a national championship lineup? No, but their top 6 is as good as any in the league. I'm not sure what the problem is right now. Is it game plan? Is it coaching? The talent up front doesn't match the output.
                              I think the top 4 guys are top 2 line guys on on any team (Zengerlee, Kerdiles, Lee, Mersch), the rest, meh.

Is it time to kill the 1 1 3 yet?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I think the top 4 guys are top 2 line guys on on any team (Zengerlee, Kerdiles, Lee, Mersch), the rest, meh.

Is it time to kill the 1 1 3 yet?
                                It's time to change something.

Comment

Working...
                                X